Latest disclosure about Iran's Clandestine Nuclear sites

Werbung:
Get more information on following address and post your commetnt.

http://www.english.mojahedin.org/pagesEn/newsdetails.aspx?newsid=625 & cat=354f

Like it or not, Iran is a sovereign nation and has a right to have a nuclear bomb. Israel, India, Pakistan, among others, all have nuclear weapons and we not only condone it, but give them billions in aid. Did anybody ever think that the catalyst for Iran's nuclear program has been fear? After all, a certain imperialist nation, we all know, seems to be employing a new form of manifest destiny in the middle east.

To the best of my knowledge, the U.S. hasn't captured any Israeli or Indian soldiers in Iraq trying to kill Americans. Can't say the same about Iran.

I agree with you regarding Pakistan. They are one coup away from being a nuclearly-armed terrorist state.

Are you really comfortable sitting idly by while America's, arguably, biggest threat acquires nuclear weapons?

The bottom line with Iran and nukes is that they are a signer of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty and in violation of it. I know that other countries are as well and that isnt right. But one must draw a line somewhere and with the rhetoric about Israel, the meddling in Iraq, the line needs to be here. That being said, I dont think an invasion is at all wise or even really possible considering the state currently in our armed forces. Now surgical airstrikes...?

I think that after the creep in the WH announced that he had of list of nations the US is going to invade, and Iran is on it, that the least the leaders of the country can do is defend themselves. What in the heck did we expect them to do? It frightens me that Bush has nukes to play with!

The bottom line with Iran and nukes is that they are a signer of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty and in violation of it. I know that other countries are as well and that isnt right. But one must draw a line somewhere and with the rhetoric about Israel, the meddling in Iraq, the line needs to be here. That being said, I dont think an invasion is at all wise or even really possible considering the state currently in our armed forces. Now surgical airstrikes...?

1. How is Iran in violation of the treaty?

2. India, Pakistan, and Israel have refused to sign the treaty, yet they all have Nukes. (I guess Iran shouldn't have signed the treaty and nobody would care huh?)

To the best of my knowledge, the U.S. hasn't captured any Israeli or Indian soldiers in Iraq trying to kill Americans. Can't say the same about Iran.

I agree with you regarding Pakistan. They are one coup away from being a nuclearly-armed terrorist state.

Are you really comfortable sitting idly by while America's, arguably, biggest threat acquires nuclear weapons?

Iran isn't a threat to the States...at all.

from wikipedia:
Iran is a signatory state of the NPT and has recently (as of 2006) resumed development of a uranium enrichment program. The Iranian government asserts that this enrichment program is a step towards a civilian nuclear energy program, which is allowed under the terms of the NPT. However, the United Nations Security Council passed a resolution ordering Iran to halt its activity.[24] The United States and some members of the European Union have accused Iran of using this program to help covertly develop nuclear weapons, which would be in violation of article II of the NPT. Iran remains under investigation by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

In November 2003 IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei reported that Iran had repeatedly and over an extended period failed to meet with its safeguards obligations, including by failing to declare its uranium enrichment program.[25] After nearly two years of diplomatic efforts led by France, Germany and the UK, in September 2005, the IAEA Board of Governors, acting under Article XII.C of the IAEA Statute, found that these failures constituted non-compliance with the IAEA safeguards agreement, not the NPT itself.[26] The United States contends on this basis that Iran violated Article II as well as Article III of the NPT.

from wikipedia:
Iran is a signatory state of the NPT and has recently (as of 2006) resumed development of a uranium enrichment program. The Iranian government asserts that this enrichment program is a step towards a civilian nuclear energy program, which is allowed under the terms of the NPT. However, the United Nations Security Council passed a resolution ordering Iran to halt its activity.[24] The United States and some members of the European Union have accused Iran of using this program to help covertly develop nuclear weapons, which would be in violation of article II of the NPT. Iran remains under investigation by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

In November 2003 IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei reported that Iran had repeatedly and over an extended period failed to meet with its safeguards obligations, including by failing to declare its uranium enrichment program.[25] After nearly two years of diplomatic efforts led by France, Germany and the UK, in September 2005, the IAEA Board of Governors, acting under Article XII.C of the IAEA Statute, found that these failures constituted non-compliance with the IAEA safeguards agreement, not the NPT itself.[26] The United States contends on this basis that Iran violated Article II as well as Article III of the NPT.

You should know that I don't have much faith in what the Bush Administration sais about Iran. As they say, fool me once...

clash of civilisations

Is the clash of civilisation inevitable, religious or otherwise?
Do we see any signs of it? and what is the remedy, if at all?
Souran

Like it or not, Iran is a sovereign nation and has a right to have a nuclear bomb. Israel, India, Pakistan, among others, all have nuclear weapons and we not only condone it, but give them billions in aid. Did anybody ever think that the catalyst for Iran's nuclear program has been fear? After all, a certain imperialist nation, we all know, seems to be employing a new form of manifest destiny in the middle east.

Great post...common sense...reality...you're a democrat or independent, correct?;)

Werbung:
Back