Layoffs beginning, now that employers know Obamacare taxes won't be cancelled

Little-Acorn

Employee wages are by far the largest expense in most businesses. Employers know it, accept it, and are willing to do it to get the help they need to get the work done and sell products to get the money to pay them. And if you take money away from a business, for good or bad reasons, they will have less to pay their employees and run the business. Pretty simple math.

No doubt will will soon hear the usual screams from liberal fanatics excoriating them for not just picking more money off the money tree we all know they have. The notion that a business is a money balancing act, is foreign to them. If it gets unbalanced, it must be re-balanced, and pretty fast, to avoid collapse.

Here's one that was going to get unbalanced. So the owner did what he had to. And he wasn't too happy about it. But with Obama's re-election, he now knew that the unbalancing would not be cancelled.

Obviously it was the owner's own fault. Right?

-------------------------------------------------

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas-employer-obama-won-so-i-fired-22-employees/

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Had to Lay Off 22 Employees

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

“If Obama gets in office the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I’m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner.

“Well unfortunately, and most of my employees are Hispanic — I’m not gonna go into what kind of company I have, but I have mostly Hispanic employees — well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way.

"Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months. The Dow alone lost 314 points today. There’s a tsunami coming and if you didn’t think this election had consequences, just wait.”

Werbung:
We are going to see a whole lot more of that. Boeing and Lockheed just issued layoff notices yesterday.
The next four years are going to be a joy to behold.

This might be a good place to insert this article from Asia Times, I hope you will read it all at
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/NK06Aa02.html

Barack Obama and America's decline
By Spengler

America is in incipient decline, and this week's presidential election might be the last chance to reverse it. We are becoming a different sort of country, with a different people and different beliefs. Another four years of Barack Obama well might take us past the point of no return, although no-one, to be sure, knows quite where that lies. There is still time to change course. There might not be time by 2016.

Nearly a third of Americans now depend on food stamps, welfare, disability payments, or some other form of government support, compared with one out of five when George W Bush left office. This enormous shift has occurred before the detonation of a demographic time bomb that will explode towards the end of the present decade, and which will push America towards even greater dependency. This time bomb has four facets:
  • The baby boomers will retire, and the percentage of Americans over 60 will jump from a sixth to a quarter of the total population in little more than a decade;
  • The population that replaces the baby boomers will come to an increasing extent from families with the lowest level of educational attainment;
  • A new underclass is in formation due to the jump in the rate of births out of wedlock, which comprised two-fifths of total births in 2011;
  • Dependency on government support will rise sharply just as the federal government's capacity to finance the dependent population will fall.

Ponder this--from Mr. Kipling.

The Gods of the Copybook Headings – RUDYARD KIPLING

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.
We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.
We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.
With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."
In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."
Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.
As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;
And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

This might be a good place to insert this article from Asia Times, I hope you will read it all at
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/NK06Aa02.html

Barack Obama and America's decline
By Spengler

America is in incipient decline, and this week's presidential election might be the last chance to reverse it. We are becoming a different sort of country, with a different people and different beliefs. Another four years of Barack Obama well might take us past the point of no return, although no-one, to be sure, knows quite where that lies. There is still time to change course. There might not be time by 2016.

Nearly a third of Americans now depend on food stamps, welfare, disability payments, or some other form of government support, compared with one out of five when George W Bush left office. This enormous shift has occurred before the detonation of a demographic time bomb that will explode towards the end of the present decade, and which will push America towards even greater dependency. This time bomb has four facets:
  • The baby boomers will retire, and the percentage of Americans over 60 will jump from a sixth to a quarter of the total population in little more than a decade;
  • The population that replaces the baby boomers will come to an increasing extent from families with the lowest level of educational attainment;
  • A new underclass is in formation due to the jump in the rate of births out of wedlock, which comprised two-fifths of total births in 2011;
  • Dependency on government support will rise sharply just as the federal government's capacity to finance the dependent population will fall.

Thank God my time here is almost gone.
We will soon become--the Fourth World.

Business Insider published a list of taxes coming up under Obamacare earlier this year.

Link.

About damn time they started taxing prosthetic limbs!
Those damn freeloaders need to pay their "fair share".

Democrats--always fighting for the little man--if he has all his limbs! :confused:

Business Insider published a list of taxes coming up under Obamacare earlier this year.

Link.

None of those taxes appear to be aimed at businesses, and none of them are attached to Obomneycare. They look to me like a "tax the rich" idea that probably won't make very much difference to the average American nor bring in a whole lot of new revenues.

Without additional taxes, it seems unlikely to me that the deficit will go down, health care reform or not.

Of course, what is really needed is health care reform that actually cuts cost. Until we have that, there will be a health care crisis in the US.

About damn time they started taxing prosthetic limbs!
Those damn freeloaders need to pay their "fair share".

Democrats--always fighting for the little man--if he has all his limbs! :confused:

Just a little point you may have forgotten: an overwhelming numbers of people who lost a limb (or more) are our SOLDIERS. And, they will be covered for life and receive their prosthetic for free.

And so they should!

Werbung:
None of those taxes appear to be aimed at businesses, and none of them are attached to Obomneycare. They look to me like a "tax the rich" idea that probably won't make very much difference to the average American nor bring in a whole lot of new revenues.

Without additional taxes, it seems unlikely to me that the deficit will go down, health care reform or not.

Of course, what is really needed is health care reform that actually cuts cost. Until we have that, there will be a health care crisis in the US.

Yea, best I can tell from that is that you will have some issues if you are self-employed. Here is another interesting article from Forbes on the matter.

Link.

Back