Leftists publish cartoon mocking Texas Gov. Perry for fertilizer plant explosion

Little-Acorn

Welcome to the Mainstream Media, Rick. Get used to it.

There's been worse, you know. You haven't even begun to see what the liberals can/will do to you.

Recall after the Oklahoma City terrorist bombing in April 1995, there was a photograph of a fireman carrying the body of an infant.

Some leftist immediately put together an almost-identical political cartoon, showing a fireman carryng the body of an infant, looking down at it, and thinking to himself, "Damned right-wing radio." ... in an attempt to blame Rush Limbaugh etc. for the blast. It later turned out that the fireman in the original photo was in fact a conservative who never thought any such thing, and was disgusted with the leftist's fake depiction. But that part never got into the papers.

OK_City_TV_Show_Transcript.Par.0007.ImageFile.jpg

Gov. Perry, you didn't think you were dealing with decent people here, did you?

Grow up.

Fast.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kvue.com/news/Perry-disgusted-by-cartoon-depicting-explosion-204934731.html?ref=next

Perry disgusted by cartoon depicting explosion

by KVUE.com and Associated Press
Posted on April 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Updated Friday, Apr 26 at 6:11 PM

AUSTIN -- Gov. Rick Perry is expressing "disgust and disappointment" at a cartoon in a California newspaper that depicts him boasting about business booming in Texas just before a major explosion.

The cartoon in The Sacramento Bee shows Perry crowing that "Business is Booming" and flanked by sings saying "Low Tax" "Low Regs!" The next panel reads "Boom!" as an explosion engulfs the area behind the governor.

An explosion last week at a fertilizer plant in West killed 14 people and injured 200 others.

In a letter to the Bee's editor Friday, Perry said he wouldn't stand for "someone mocking this tragedy." He demanded an immediate apology for the newspaper's "detestable attempt at satire."

See Perry's full statement below:

Dear Editor:
It was with extreme disgust and disappointment I viewed your recent cartoon. While I will always welcome healthy policy debate, I won't stand for someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow Texans and our fellow Americans. Additionally, publishing this on the very day our state and nation paused to honor and mourn those who died only compounds the pain and suffering of the many Texans who lost family and friends in this disaster. The Sacramento Bee owes the community of West, Texas an immediate apology for your detestable attempt at satire.

Sincerely, Rick Perry, Governor

Werbung:
These indecent and immoral people will exploit anything for their liberal politics. They are the reasons there is so much divison and animosity in this country and they thrive on it.

Werbung:
Back