Let's pretend it's election day, 2008 and Hillary and Ron Paul are the candidates...

How will you vote?

• Clinton

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Paul

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Green Party Candidate

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other 3rd Party Candidate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Werbung:
Neither of them understand jihad and the scale of the enemy that we face. That said, I would have to vote for Paul, begrudgingly, because his domestic/economic stance is better than Hillary's.

Neither of them understand jihad and the scale of the enemy that we face. That said, I would have to vote for Paul, begrudgingly, because his domestic/economic stance is better than Hillary's.

I'm not particularly enamored of Hilliary's votes on the war. Paul is actually closer to my views on things like the war, Patriot Act, and so on. However, he remains a Republican in other areas, therefore I would have to vote Green.

Who do you vote for?

And why?

With what I've seen at this point I'd have to vote for Paul. I'm in Michigan, and will have to see what is developing at the time of the primaries in 2008. Not sure which chad will be punched on my card, to be honest. Whether Libertarian or Republican, I'm looking for the person who can inspire a new level of desire on the average citizen for personal responsibility, a vision of a less-intrusive federal government and a reversal of the growing nanny-state we are finding ourselves in today. As a generalized statement and concept.

If nothing else, after hearing Hillary's laughter last weekend on all the Sunday shows, I'm convinced the woman is actually quite mad. As in insane, not angry. And her fascist views for America are terrifying.

Being a left leaning, non-partisan, open minded type guy. I would pick Paul because it is the lesser of two evils. But I will shout to the room that our two party system is sucks and it comes at the cost to the American people. The one thing Dems of GOPers can agree on is suppressing any viable third option.
That being said, I dont think Ron Paul will even win his primary. Not because I support any of the front runners but thats what the polls say.

Obviously I'm a Paul supporter and would vote for him in a heart beat.

But sadly, I don't think he'd beat Hillary head to head. There are too many ignorant fools in this country who think the government should take care of them from cradle to grave and who would gladly tax someone else to pay for what they perceive to be a free ride on health care costs. Hillary has also vowed to keep the war in Iraq going, and since Bush won by such large margins on that issue in 2004, I don't think enough people have become delusioned by it yet to swing a Presidential election. They still believe Al Qaeda is a threat to invade and occupy the U.S. These are guys for the most part who live in caves. Less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the Muslim population. But hey, slaves needs masters and fearful people need boogeymen.

Having said that, I do believe Paul is the only Republican with a chance to beat Hillary. The election will be a close one regardless of who is running for the GOP, but Paul has a chance to pull more Democrats and third party voters into his camp. He actually wouldn't hold as much of the Republican base as a Neocon would, but I think he would more than make up for it with Democrat and Independent swing voters.

We'll see what happens after the first few primaries. He's got the most energized base of supporters by far, so I wouldn't count him out yet.

If by "energized" you mean are willing to spam online polls and hack into websites then I totally agree with you.

If by "energized" you mean are willing to spam online polls and hack into websites then I totally agree with you.

LOL. Yes, check out this video. In it, Ron Paul is welcomed to Chicago by a "few" of his phantom internet spammers (who somehow managed to stuff the Hyatt Regency Grand Ballroom beyond its seating capacity and had to line up along the walls to hear Dr. No...).

Werbung:
Thanks for wanting to vote for someone who will deprive me of more freedom, and will enforce it at gunpoint if necessary.

Now you see why we're not buds? ;)

That makes almost as much sense as believing Ron Paul has a chance to be our next president. I mean, it keeps me awake at night worrying that Hilliary might take away my freedoms, at gunpoint no less.

Back