Lets see if anyone gets worked up over this

dogtowner

Staff member
truely warrentless wiretaps

wonder why cels are different ? I seem to recall other instances where conversations on cel phones were hacked and used as evidence and it was found to be taboo.

Two years ago, when the FBI was stymied by a band of armed robbers known as the "Scarecrow Bandits" that had robbed more than 20 Texas banks, it came up with a novel method of locating the thieves.

FBI agents obtained logs from mobile phone companies corresponding to what their cellular towers had recorded at the time of a dozen different bank robberies in the Dallas area. The voluminous records showed that two phones had made calls around the time of all 12 heists, and that those phones belonged to men named Tony Hewitt and Corey Duffey. A jury eventually convicted the duo of multiple bank robbery and weapons charges.

Even though police are tapping into the locations of mobile phones thousands of times a year, the legal ground rules remain unclear, and federal privacy laws written a generation ago are ambiguous at best. On Friday, the first federal appeals court to consider the topic will hear oral arguments (PDF) in a case that could establish new standards for locating wireless devices.

In that case, the Obama administration has argued that warrantless tracking is permitted because Americans enjoy no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in their--or at least their cell phones'--whereabouts. U.S. Department of Justice lawyers say that "a customer's Fourth Amendment rights are not violated when the phone company reveals to the government its own records" that show where a mobile device placed and received calls.

Werbung:
I just checked the Radical Leftist Blogs and Here's what they are saying on the topic:

At the KOS:

The Huffing&puffington post:

And Overbite at MSNBC had this to say:

Wow! Are they livid or what?

picture.php

At least when Bush was in office, the Radical Left pretended to care about individual rights.

I just checked the Radical Leftist Blogs and Here's what they are saying on the topic:

At the KOS:

The Huffing&puffington post:

And Overbite at MSNBC had this to say:

Wow! Are they livid or what?

picture.php

At least when Bush was in office, the Radical Left pretended to care about individual rights.
Now here's your chance to pretend to be upset. Why does the argument always come down to one party or the other when it's obvious that the government is owned and run by people who are NOT us?

Now here's your chance to pretend to be upset. Why does the argument always come down to one party or the other when it's obvious that the government is owned and run by people who are NOT us?

its not so much one party as Obama himself who railed against the Bush Administration over wiretaps then continued the practice and now wants to expand it to cels. And pretend there is not prescident against it.

mind you i dont think that anyone should consider that anythign going across any phone line is anythig but open to view but I never pretended otherwise.

And this is news to everyone? I going to let you all in on a secret....When I was in the military we use to have these flights come in and out of our Air Station and these particular aircraft were fitted with equipment that was designed to listen in on people's conversation while on their cell phones. Now keep in mind these air craft flew around the U.S. and not so much overseas. So we're all pretty much beating a dead horse with this. By the way the aircraft in question belonged to the U.S. Army and they we're not so much listening to the bad guys as they we're listening to everyone else. So we can discuss how legal or illegal wiretaps are and go back and forth but when it comes to the government listening in on your cell phone conversation...they can just do it and will do it anyways. But I do agree with DT on this this the left needs to say something about this as well and not just holler when its anyone on the right doing it.

And this is news to everyone? I going to let you all in on a secret....When I was in the military we use to have these flights come in and out of our Air Station and these particular aircraft were fitted with equipment that was designed to listen in on people's conversation while on their cell phones. Now keep in mind these air craft flew around the U.S. and not so much overseas. So we're all pretty much beating a dead horse with this. By the way the aircraft in question belonged to the U.S. Army and they we're not so much listening to the bad guys as they we're listening to everyone else. So we can discuss how legal or illegal wiretaps are and go back and forth but when it comes to the government listening in on your cell phone conversation...they can just do it and will do it anyways. But I do agree with DT on this this the left needs to say something about this as well and not just holler when its anyone on the right doing it.

shhhhhhh.... you'll scare the poor dears.

Back in the day of early cordless land-line phone systems, any boy with a set of cheap {really, really cheap} walkie-talkies could listen into the neighbors phone conversations just by sitting on his front porch and aiming his hand held walkie-talkie antenna at any house in the cul-de-sac that he wanted to and listen in on the conversations :)

Hell-bells, even the local Police Department would/could pick up the conversations on their mobile units, and those home based scanners would/could do the same things...don't know if the systems still interact that way...but if your bouncing calls off of a radio tower some how/some where someone is probably picking up your conversations...YA, MULL THAT OVER FOR A WHILE :eek:
Clipped from the article: The Federal Communications Commission's "Enhanced 911" (E911) requirements allowed rough estimates to be transformed into precise coordinates. Wireless carriers using CDMA networks, such as Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel, tend to use embedded GPS technology to fulfill E911 requirements. AT&T and T-Mobile comply with E911 regulations using network-based technology that computes a phone's location using signal analysis and triangulation between towers.
T-Mobile, for instance, uses a GSM technology called Uplink Time Difference of Arrival, or U-TDOA, which calculates a position based on precisely how long it takes signals to reach towers. A company called TruePosition, which provides U-TDOA services to T-Mobile, boasts of "accuracy to under 50 meters" that's available "for start-of-call, midcall, or when idle."
A 2008 court order to T-Mobile in a criminal investigation of a marriage fraud scheme, which was originally sealed and later made public, says: "T-Mobile shall disclose at such intervals and times as directed by (the Department of Homeland Security), latitude and longitude data that establishes the approximate positions of the Subject Wireless Telephone, by unobtrusively initiating a signal on its network that will enable it to determine the locations of the Subject Wireless Telephone."
We've all been paying the extra fees for all of this 911 technology {for years} and now that we seem to be finally on the receiveing end of some good quality emergency services from/for all of our Cell Phones some body gets squeamish about our privacy...GOOD GRIEF

The really big issue would be; are the mobile/cell phone companies actually going to maintain those call records for 3/6/9/12 months or as many of them do...just have a shredded paper party/down load a bad file into their storage and POOF there go the records and there goes the history of some terrorist that might have lead to the terrorist home base! The advances in technology seems to be problematic/highly costly for the providers...who just love to pass that cost along to 'US' the end user :mad:

Now here's your chance to pretend to be upset.
I don't have to pretend... I care about individual rights no matter which party is in control of the country.

Why does the argument always come down to one party or the other when it's obvious that the government is owned and run by people who are NOT us?
I didn't mention either party... They are both equally terrible where protecting, as opposed to violating, our individual rights are concerned.

Between the two of us, I was the one arguing in favor of limiting governments power, so that the people who run things can no longer violate the rights of anyone.

In that case, the Obama administration has argued that warrantless tracking is permitted because Americans enjoy no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in their--or at least their cell phones'--whereabouts.
This'd be no different than screaming-out-a-window.

If you're going to be broadcasting your communications, you'd have to be awfully naive to think you could control who's listening.​

We've all been paying the extra fees for all of this 911 technology {for years} and now that we seem to be finally on the receiveing end of some good quality emergency services from/for all of our Cell Phones some body gets squeamish about our privacy...GOOD GRIEF

Panda, I just got another point, catching up to you now!

Originally Posted by ASPCA4EVER We've all been paying the extra fees for all of this 911 technology {for years} and now that we seem to be finally on the receiveing end of some good quality emergency services from/for all of our Cell Phones some body gets squeamish about our privacy...GOOD GRIEF

Panda, I just got another point, catching up to you now!

YOUR PRAYER BOOK ACCORDING TO THE ROYAL BROWN SHIRT HIMSELF:> My appeal is to those on the Right and any Moderate Leftists, raise the bar. Don't sink to the lowest common demoninator. If your primary puropose here is to make snide, sarcastic remarks, you're no better than the Radical Left. If you believe your ideas, your philosophy, your ideology is superior, do not resort to irrational behavior - That will only drive people away - Prove the superiority of your views by way of making rational arguments superior to those of your competition. Rational men will gravitate to rational arguments, it is only the irrational that gravitate to irrational arguments and irrational behavior.

Where is that family photo when I need it ...You know the one that you plastered up here and proved what a superior being your were...the one with your head stuck up your anal canal...OMG ROTFLMAO

You want so terribly to come across as all imperial/anointed self assured and you post some of the most pious self inflicted total B.S. as if you are setting the example/bar and then you pull grade school tactics like this...just as you both did with the negative barbs and back stabbing/brown shirt ways...SHAME-SHAME on you OH SO PIOUS ONE...you've even posted such heinous things as STFU which is very much against the forum policy.

GOOD GRIEF YOUR EGO AND YOUR DESIRE TO BE ALL THAT AND THE WALK ON WATER is just the most amazing pompous arsed B.S. that I've ever seen. You make me laugh at your better then though attitude when you are nothing but the worst of the worst BROWN SHIRTS AROUND...yep you wear it well little troll! :cool: Maybe you need to go somewhere else and become the KING of YOUR OWN PRIVATE KINGDOM where you rule the entire domain...the forum will continue to roll along without your all exhaulted ways/thoughts/attacks!!!

GOOD GRIEF YOUR EGO AND YOUR DESIRE TO BE ALL THAT AND THE WALK ON WATER is just the most amazing pompous arsed B.S. that I've ever seen. You make me laugh at your better then though attitude when you are nothing but the worst of the worst BROWN SHIRTS AROUND...yep you wear it well little troll! :cool: Maybe you need to go somewhere else and become the KING of YOUR OWN PRIVATE KINGDOM where you rule the entire domain...the forum will continue to roll along without your all exhaulted ways/thoughts/attacks!!!
Thanks ASPCA! :)

picture.php

3 to 3 Panda!

Werbung:
Back