Logging in

KingBall

Every time I log in I click the "remember me" box thinking the next time I come here it will remember me but it never does. What's going on?

Werbung:
It will be something to do with enabling cookies and temp files. Ask the mods or admin. I'm not very good at computers compared to some people on here I'm sure.

That is odd. Could you provide us with a bit more info such as: what browser are you using and does the same thing happen with all your browsers (IE/Firefox/Opera/Safari)

The remember me feature works fine for me--it could be the level of permission you currently have set.

That is odd. Could you provide us with a bit more info such as: what browser are you using and does the same thing happen with all your browsers (IE/Firefox/Opera/Safari)

The remember me feature works fine for me--it could be the level of permission you currently have set.

I'm using Internet explorer. The remember me feature works fine on other boards.

I don't know what you mean about the level of permission. Any suggestions?

That is quite odd.. on occassion I will use IE and it works fine.... and I can't seem to understand why other boards are working okay for you when we use vBulletin too.

Sorry about the level of permissions comment, I was doing something with Linux at the moment and I completely got it mixed up, I meant "privacy settings". I have mine set to "Medium".

Are you using IE 7 or IE 6... to be honest.. hehehe I would recommend you try Firefox :)

That is quite odd.. on occassion I will use IE and it works fine.... and I can't seem to understand why other boards are working okay for you when we use vBulletin too.

Sorry about the level of permissions comment, I was doing something with Linux at the moment and I completely got it mixed up,
I meant "privacy settings". I have mine set to "Medium".
Are you using IE 7 or IE 6... to be honest.. hehehe I would recommend you try Firefox :)

I set mine to medium too it was on medium high and It's still not working:confused: Do cookies have anything to do with it?

Guaranteed it is something to do with the cookies. You may want to check your cache settings i.e. to see if it is clearing your cache every time you exit. That can cause problems also.

What are cache settings? And where do I find them? This may be my last try:eek:

What are cache settings? And where do I find them? This may be my last try:eek:

I'm on my Linux box at the moment and using Firefox so I'm going from memory but click on the toolbar click on tools, then internet options, then the general tab. You should see settings for your cache there (if using IE7 it's called Browsing History). You can try to change some of the parameters there. Also under the far right tab (Advanced) there is a box that can be checked/unchecked that clears your cache when you exit the browser. What ever it is set at now you may want to change that to see if it helps.

I'm on my Linux box at the moment and using Firefox so I'm going from memory but click on the toolbar click on tools, then internet options, then the general tab. You should see settings for your cache there (if using IE7 it's called Browsing History). You can try to change some of the parameters there. Also under the far right tab (Advanced) there is a box that can be checked/unchecked that clears your cache when you exit the browser. What ever it is set at now you may want to change that to see if it helps.

Well I did it and it didn't work. But thanks for your help:)
Maybe I'll switch to fire fox, I here it's better anyway.

Werbung:
Back