London says no to social media pix/vids on social media

dogtowner

Staff member
ran outta space but its Olympics not London in general

do they think social media will police this ?

Images, video and sound recordings of the Games taken by a Ticket Holder cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes and a Ticket Holder may not license, broadcast or publish video and/or sound recordings, including on social networking websites and the internet more generally, and may not exploit images, video and/or sound recordings for commercial purposes under any circumstances, whether on the internet or otherwise, or make them available to third parties for commercial purposes.

Werbung:
ran outta space but its Olympics not London in general

do they think social media will police this ?
I find this ridicules. I have been to 7 Olympic Games and taken pictures and Videos of all of them. This include Melbourne. Moscow, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney , Munich and Atlanta. Why is London so restrictive. Any thing you taken with your own camera is yours. Although I have not made money out of them I have shown them on many sites.

Werbung:
I find this ridicules. I have been to 7 Olympic Games and taken pictures and Videos of all of them. This include Melbourne. Moscow, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney , Munich and Atlanta. Why is London so restrictive. Any thing you taken with your own camera is yours. Although I have not made money out of them I have shown them on many sites.

I suppose its no different that musical acts forbidding taping video/audio/stills at concerts. They want to own their intellectual property as its all they have to sell. Olympics are funny in that they know they cannot enforce it but are attempting to stop it by magic.

Back