Long-term effects of the Weiner disaster for the Left

Little-Acorn

It's always a hoot to watch the few remaining defenders of Anthony Weiner twist, squirm, and bend themselves into strange pretzel shapes trying to salvage some remnant of positive spin out of this disaster for the leftists.

Weiner got caught performing lewd acts for relative strangers while married, and he immediately employed the standard liberal defense: He had been framed, he didn't do it, his account was somehow hacked by persons unknown, Andrew Breitbart was trying to destroy him, he was innocent, and all the rest of it. The poor simp did everything but resurrect the "Vast Right-wing Conspiracy" excuse to throw suspicion anywhere but toward himself.

And then, he reversed it all and admitted he had been lying all along. He even apologized to Breitbart. But the real disaster was... he did this within the short attention span of his kook-liberal base. He failed to give them time to forget, and dissociate his actual acts and excuses from the usual later admission of guilt.

None of this was a surprise to normal people, who could see through all the obvious fibs from the beginning, of course.

But the real damage is: Next time any leftist tries to use the standard dodges and excuses as Weiner did, they will automatically be connected with tawdry, self-serving lies displayed by Weiner. Even the kook-leftists (in and out of the press) won't be able to ignore the connection any more.

They will no longer have any choice: Next time some leftist gets caught and starts spouting all the standard lies and diversions, even the kook-Left will HAVE to say, "But we've heard all this before."

The true scope of this disaster has yet to be fully felt by the Left. They have lost one of their most valuable weapons: The cloak of plausible deniability they have been able to cast over their constant lies, spins, and other diversions so vital to their success.

Leftists with any grasp of reality are now doing everything they can to hastily throw Weiner as far under the bus as they can - trying to get shut of him and insist, "He's not one of us, we reject everything he stands for, he's an unperson, etc. etc." and generally treat him like a conservative. You can practically hear Pelosi, Reid, Wasserman and the rest praying that their more fanatical base forgets and forgets, as quickly and completely as possible. And acknowledged deviants like Barney Frank are staying very, very quiet throughout the whole sorry episode.

Only the most vociferous and blinders-on of the kook-left base are still squalling, snarling, and trying to defend Weiner - or at least directly attacking his enemies. Which is why we get to see people like Chris Mattews announcing that it must be partly the fault of Weiner's wife, and coming up with ever-more-twisted excuses, spins, and "facts"... but to a rapidly diminishing audience.

Werbung:
It's always a hoot to watch the few remaining defenders of Anthony Weiner twist, squirm, and bend themselves into strange pretzel shapes trying to salvage some remnant of positive spin out of this disaster for the leftists.

Weiner got caught performing lewd acts for relative strangers while married, and he immediately employed the standard liberal defense: He had been framed, he didn't do it, his account was somehow hacked by persons unknown, Andrew Breitbart was trying to destroy him, he was innocent, and all the rest of it. The poor simp did everything but resurrect the "Vast Right-wing Conspiracy" excuse to throw suspicion anywhere but toward himself.

And then, he reversed it all and admitted he had been lying all along. He even apologized to Breitbart. But the real disaster was... he did this within the short attention span of his kook-liberal base. He failed to give them time to forget, and dissociate his actual acts and excuses from the usual later admission of guilt.

None of this was a surprise to normal people, who could see through all the obvious fibs from the beginning, of course.

But the real damage is: Next time any leftist tries to use the standard dodges and excuses as Weiner did, they will automatically be connected with tawdry, self-serving lies displayed by Weiner. Even the kook-leftists (in and out of the press) won't be able to ignore the connection any more.

They will no longer have any choice: Next time some leftist gets caught and starts spouting all the standard lies and diversions, even the kook-Left will HAVE to say, "But we've heard all this before."

The true scope of this disaster has yet to be fully felt by the Left. They have lost one of their most valuable weapons: The cloak of plausible deniability they have been able to cast over their constant lies, spins, and other diversions so vital to their success.

Leftists with any grasp of reality are now doing everything they can to hastily throw Weiner as far under the bus as they can - trying to get shut of him and insist, "He's not one of us, we reject everything he stands for, he's an unperson, etc. etc." and generally treat him like a conservative. You can practically hear Pelosi, Reid, Wasserman and the rest praying that their more fanatical base forgets and forgets, as quickly and completely as possible. And acknowledged deviants like Barney Frank are staying very, very quiet throughout the whole sorry episode.

Only the most vociferous of the kook-left base are still squalling, snarling, and trying to defend Weiner - or at least directly attacking his enemies. Which is why we get to see people like Chris Mattews announcing that it must be partly the fault of Weiner's wife, and coming up with ever-more-twisted excuses, spins, and "facts"... but to a rapidly diminishing audience.

Never underestimate the resolve of the "kook leftist" media to "forgive and forget" any and all scandals committed by leftist politicians.

I see that Schumer came to his boy Weiner's defense today. Schumer stated that Weiner did the right thing by coming forward and telling the truth. What Schumer forgot to mention was that Weiner LIED about all of his lewd behaviors for several days.

Schumer is a bottom feeder in the same mold as Spitzer and Weiner. All three of these clowns are perfect examples of how screwed up the state of New York really is.

Little-Acorn said:
And acknowledged deviants like Barney Frank are staying very, very quiet throughout the whole sorry episode.

Apparently expecting Barney Frank to keep his mouth shut more then two weeks in any matter is just too much.

-------------------------------------

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/1...ast-frank-stays-on-sidelines-of-weiner-debate

Citing his own past, Frank passes on Weiner judgment

by Mike Lillis
06/14/11 12:53 PM ET

Citing his own brush with sexual scandal, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Tuesday that he's in no position to judge the lurid actions of colleague Anthony Weiner.

"Given these circumstances, where I was myself engaged in activity I shouldn't have been … I just don't think it's appropriate for me to set myself up as the judge of others," Frank told reporters in the Capitol Tuesday.

Frank said he wouldn't dodge the issue if it comes up for a vote in the House, "but to step up and appoint myself a judge of other people based on my own past, I just don't think it's appropriate," he said.

Interesting that Barney takes the "high road" when he's asks to give his opinion about a fellow leftist who is involved in a sex scandal, but Barney has no problem getting "down and dirty" when it comes to criticizing any non-leftist who has been involved in a scandal.

Werbung:
I hope G.O.P gains 40 more seats. So if Obama gets Re-Elected they can over ride any presidental veto and overturn heathcare by themselves.

Back