Man arrested in NJ with rifle, vest, night vision, map of military base: No terrorism

Little-Acorn

Let's see. Police found this guy walking around at 4:00 AM at a Quick Chek store in New Jersey, wearing a bulletproof vest, a military-style jacket, and a rifle with a filed-off serial number, that fires .50 caliber ammo. He runs from them, and they chase and catch him. In his room they find a night-vision scope, another bulletproof vest, a grenade launcher, a map of a military base, and a middle-eastern headdress.

Nope, no links to terrorism here. I don't see any, do you? Why in the world would we think this had anything to do with terrorism?

-----------------------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/26/crimesider/entry6142711.shtml

Lloyd R. Woodson Busted with Weapons Cache, Map of Military Base, Headdress, Say NJ Cops

Posted by Edecio Martinez
Jan. 26, 2010

BRANCHBURG, N.J. (CBS/AP) What exactly Lloyd R. Woodson intended to do with a cache of semi automatic rifles, a grenade launcher, night vision goggles and a map of a U.S. military base is not yet clear, say New Jersey police, but they arrested the 43-year-old on multiple weapons charges after he led them on a chase through the woods.

image6142733x.jpg

Photo: Lloyd R. Woodson.

Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said Woodson was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle concealed under his green, military-style jacket when, shortly before 4 a.m. Monday, officers encountered him at a Quick Chek store in Branchburg, N.J., about an hour west of New York City.

As officers started to question him, Woodson fled on foot toward a nearby trailer park, Forrest said. Officers found him hiding in some bushes and tackled him when he tried to run away again. The officers used pepper spray to subdue him.

Forrest said the rifle Woodson was carrying had a defaced serial number and had been altered to fire .50-caliber ammunition.

When detectives later searched his room at the Red Mill Inn in Branchburg, they seized another Bushmaster .308-caliber semiautomatic rifle with a defaced serial number, a 37 mm Cobray grenade launcher, a second bulletproof vest, a Russian-made night vision scope, a police scanner, maps of a U.S. military facility and hundreds of rounds of .50-caliber and .308-caliber ammunition. They also found a Middle Eastern-style headdress, according to CNN.

Woodson is being held at the Somerset County Jail on numerous charges, including unlawful possession of weapons, possession of prohibited weapons, obstruction of justice and resisting arrest.

The FBI says Woodson has no known terrorism links.

Werbung:
Re: Man arrested in NJ with rifle, vest, night vision, map of military base: No terro

Perhaps he's a member of the tea party movement--proof that it isn't just a bunch of angry white folks. Then again, could just be the NBPP getting ready for the next election cycle.

Seriously, I'm sure he's been read his rights and is lawyering up. So, unless he owns a computer with lots of e-mails to radicals outside our country, we'll probably never know if he's just one lone kook or the first of the next wave of terrorists to test the mettle of BHO.

Re: Man arrested in NJ with rifle, vest, night vision, map of military base: No terro

Hey, after watching one night {and that was sufficient for me} of MTV's Jersey Shore...I'm of the mind that this wasn't the 'abynormal' but more of the NORMAL way that those folks behave/dress then any of us really know!!! :D ;)

Hey, after watching one night {and that was sufficient for me} of MTV's Jersey Shore...I'm of the mind that this wasn't the 'abynormal' but more of the NORMAL way that those folks behave/dress then any of us really know!!! :D ;)

Yep, Archie Bunker couldn't have put it better.

"You people is all the same, aint'cha?"

:rolleyes:

Let's see. Police found this guy walking around at 4:00 AM at a Quick Chek store in New Jersey, wearing a bulletproof vest, a military-style jacket, and a rifle with a filed-off serial number, that fires .50 caliber ammo. He runs from them, and they chase and catch him. In his room they find a night-vision scope, another bulletproof vest, a grenade launcher, a map of a military base, and a middle-eastern headdress.

Nope, no links to terrorism here. I don't see any, do you? Why in the world would we think this had anything to do with terrorism?

-----------------------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/26/crimesider/entry6142711.shtml
WOW WOW WOW,
Wait a minute. What about all the folks who want to stand behind the second amendment?
It sounds like he had a couple of AR-15 type rifles one in 7.62 nato chambering and the other in .50 beauwolf. There is generally no law against owning night vision, I know a bunch of people who have both night vision and a bullet proof vest.

The FBI says it appears there is no link to terrorism, dont you support his second amendment rights?

No doubt he was a Jesus freak out to kill innocent women and children.

Those radicals Christians need to be profiled ASAP before they kill us all.

WOW WOW WOW,
Wait a minute. What about all the folks who want to stand behind the second amendment?
It sounds like he had a couple of AR-15 type rifles one in 7.62 nato chambering and the other in .50 beauwolf. There is generally no law against owning night vision, I know a bunch of people who have both night vision and a bullet proof vest.

The FBI says it appears there is no link to terrorism, dont you support his second amendment rights?

Hey!,I have never known a radical leftist that had ANY VISION , DAY or NIGHT!! SECOND AMENDMENT WE MUST KEEP to protect us against this kind of " NUT"----Probably left over from the KKK of years ago-- You know like the democrat Senator Robert Byrd! of WEST VIRGINA!!
Notice how LEFTIST ALWAYS jump on the SECOND AMENDENT and try to DESTROY it!! Never fails!!

Hey!,I have never known a radical leftist that had ANY VISION , DAY or NIGHT!! SECOND AMENDMENT WE MUST KEEP to protect us against this kind of " NUT"----Probably left over from the KKK of years ago-- You know like the democrat Senator Robert Byrd! of WEST VIRGINA!!
Notice how LEFTIST ALWAYS jump on the SECOND AMENDENT and try to DESTROY it!! Never fails!!

He kind of lost his second amendment rights when he altered the serial numbers on his weapons, purchased an illegal weapon (grenade launcher), and then illegally concealed a weapon with enough firepower to shoot clean through several houses while running around a neighborhood chased by the police.

I do commend him on his choice of weapons, though. It is clear he appreciates the ability of the larger rifle calibers to penetrate body armor (although a SWAT vest with ballistic plates would probably stop the .308).

We still have the right to own these weapons, at least until the "gov-ment" tries to take them away. Their purpose is not sport, but the preservation of liberty. No armed society has even been subjugated by tyranny. I grew up around bubbas who were armed to the teeth, and never felt afraid. If you don't trust your neighbors with a gun, how do you trust them with the vote?

This guy wasn't a bubba, but was up to something that had nothing to do with liberty.

Little-acorn, I see you are still palming off the phoney Thomas Jefferson quote in your signature line. What a loser. Grow up. I proved you wrong on that quote, yet you still cling to it. Everything you say is tainted by your misquote. If you shoe-horn Thomas Jefferson into your stupid logic, your logic is manufactured. Try to read a little of Jefferson, and you might be amazed at what he actually said. But good luck, anyway.

Werbung:

Lloyd R. Woodson...not Arabic or Muslim sounding...therefor the Right will not cry Terrorist I guess? I am sure he had peaceful ideas for the grenade launcher and map of the Military base....

Back