Many Royal Wedding Security Measures Would 'Never Fly' in the U.S

steveox

Americans impressed by security preparations for the upcoming royal wedding may be surprised to know it would be difficult to implement many of those precautions here in the U.S.

“There’s a more mature acceptance in the U.K. of the tradeoff between civil liberties and security,” former CIA agent Mike Baker told FoxNews.com. “They went through homegrown terror issues with the IRA and they were bombed in WWII,and it developed an attitude that you don’t find here.”

Baker said Americans might be more security-sensitive “right after an incident like 9/11,” but it’s not too long before people start to complain “about having to take their shoes off at the airport.”

British authorities prepping for the nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton say they will likely use random stop-and-searches, closely monitored closed-circuit cameras spread throughout London and “pre-emptive policing,” which means police can arrest someone for a terror charge -- even planning or inciting a terror act -- before they have all the evidence related to it, to enforce order and maintain safety. Those “pre-charge” detentions can be based on a range of spying methods including phone taps, electronic surveillance and old-fashioned snooping.

Even the uploading of photos to a new iPhone app is being restricted within the vicinity Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace on the wedding day.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/21/royal-wedding-security-measures-fly-experts-say/

What they hell are they talking about? I guess the Brits never heard of the LAPD in America. Hell they never heard of the NYPD nether. Like what the LAPD did to Rodney King,,And the NYPD officer shot and unarmed man 50 times to death comming out of his wedding reception. Cops in America do a whole lot worse then Cops in england do and they say American cops never random stop-and-searches.. THE HELL THEY DO!! I see all over our highways cops are pulling someone over for something. FOX NEWS needs to take another look at our Cops in America. Go ask Americans how they were victims of Law Enforcement corruption. Im one of those victims when a cop robbed me of $115 on a traffic stop.

Werbung:
steveox said:
Americans impressed by security preparations for the upcoming royal wedding may be surprised to know it would be difficult to implement many of those precautions here in the U.S.
Im sorry but these idiots should be MORE CONCERNED about the people who have died in THIS COUNTRY from these storms lately!!

PEOPLE THAT ARE HOMELESS NOW!!!!!

Screw this wedding! (Im sick of hearing about it)

Peoples priorities are NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE!

Werbung:
Im sorry but these idiots should be MORE CONCERNED about the people who have died in THIS COUNTRY from these storms lately!!

PEOPLE THAT ARE HOMELESS NOW!!!!!

Screw this wedding! (Im sick of hearing about it)

Peoples priorities are NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE!

I couldn't agree with you more. Who gives a crap that the in-breds known as the British "royal family" are having another wedding that will certainly end in scandal and divorce.

I do find it HILARIOUS that Obama and Biden and Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, all liberals, were NOT invited to the wedding.

Back