May 5th

Texas_tea

Who gives a F**k about Cinco de Mayo?

Let's see .... did anything else worth mentioning happen on May 5th?

United States 2009 United States Famous Feminist Dies 5th May, 2009 : Feminist icon Marilyn French died of heart failure at the age of seventy-nine in New York. The writer of "The Women's Room" had been working on a new novel and a memoir before her death.

United States 2007 United States Paris Hilton Sentenced to Jail 5th May, 2007 : Hotel heiress Paris Hilton was sentenced to forty-five days in jail after violating her probation by driving without a license. The twenty-six year old celebrity was speeding with her headlights off on a suspended license after a previous drunken driving charge when she was caught by the police.

1992 U.S.A. Bill Clinton 5th May 1992 : Governor Bill Clinton continues to increase his run for the democratic nomination with 80% of delegates number needed to secure the democratic presidential nomination. Meanwhile Ross Perot running as an independent is edging closer in the polls to President Bush and Bill Clinton.

1961 U.S.A. Alan B. Shepard Jr 5th May 1961 : Alan B. Shepard Jr became the first American in space today after soaring 115 miles above the earth in a spacecraft named Freedom 7.

1925 United States John Thomas Scopes 5th May 1925 : John Thomas Scopes a teacher from Dayton, Tennessee is arrested for violating Tennessee's Butler Act, which prohibited the teaching of evolution in Tennessee schools. He was charged on May 25th and the case ended with a guilty verdict, and a fine of $100.

1891 U.S.A. Carnegie Hall 5th May 1891 : Carnegie Hall originally called Music Hall has it's official opening in New York City with a concert conducted by maestro Walter Damrosch and composer Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

1945 U.S.A. Japanese Bomb Kills in US 5th May 1945 : A Japanese balloon bomb explodes at Mitchell Recreation Area on Gearhart Mountain in Oregon, killing the pregnant wife of a minister and five children. This is the only recorded instants of deaths caused by Japanese Bombs on the American mainland in World War II.

Oh wait ..... here's some Mexican history worth mentioning on May 5th ...............

At least 23 people killed in Mexican border city as victims hanged, decapitated

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/0...-decapitated/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

Werbung:
Isn't Cinco de Mayo more of an American Holiday? I don't think Mexicans celebrate it much. I love Mexican themed parties and restaurants. The food, margaritas and mariachi bands are the bomb.

Of course it was also Obama's first official day of campaigning on Karl Marx's B'Day. (May 5, 1818)

Isn't Cinco de Mayo more of an American Holiday? I don't think Mexicans celebrate it much. I love Mexican themed parties and restaurants. The food, margaritas and mariachi bands are the bomb.

Of course it was also Obama's first official day of campaigning on Karl Marx's B'Day. (May 5, 1818)
Cinco de Mayo--or the fifth of May--commemorates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War but, I am sure it won't be long and it will be viewed as a victory over America ... without a battle!

Cinco de Mayo--or the fifth of May--commemorates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War but, I am sure it won't be long and it will be viewed as a victory over America ... without a battle!

I knew it was some war, but it's not celebrated that much in Mexico, not like their Independence from Spain is. I have a problem with our immigration policies, but if I was living in that hell hole with all the drug cartels I would probably be trying to cross the border too. Remember the rancher (in Texas?) that was killed by illegals? His wife gave an interview on tv and she said something has changed. They used to get mexican cowboys looking for work, but now she says she sees older people, women and children. She was asking why are families leaving their homes and towns with just what they can carry? That sounds more like refugees coming here. I wished there was some honest discussion about the conditions causing people to come here. It looks to me like our biggest problem is more with the government of Mexico, than the people.

Canadians aren't doing this.

I knew it was some war, but it's not celebrated that much in Mexico, not like their Independence from Spain is. I have a problem with our immigration policies, but if I was living in that hell hole with all the drug cartels I would probably be trying to cross the border too. Remember the rancher (in Texas?) that was killed by illegals? His wife gave an interview on tv and she said something has changed. They used to get mexican cowboys looking for work, but now she says she sees older people, women and children. She was asking why are families leaving their homes and towns with just what they can carry? That sounds more like refugees coming here. I wished there was some honest discussion about the conditions causing people to come here. It looks to me like our biggest problem is more with the government of Mexico, than the people.

Canadians aren't doing this.
There are refugees all over the world! This is no excuse. Mexico's GDP is better than ours at the moment. We cannot open our borders to everyone who is seeking shelter from a tyrannical government. We have a tyrannical government and a crashing GDP. Who will open their borders for us?

Werbung:
Back