McCain running from a debate, it's happened before

Popeye

With his poll numbers tanking, McCain wants to pull out of the presidential debate. No, I'm not talking about tomorrow's debate with Obama. You see it's happened before:

With new polls showing his campaign dead in the water among California Republicans, Arizona Sen. John McCain has pulled out of a long-scheduled debate with Texas Gov. George Bush, set for Thursday in Los Angeles.

McCain campaign officials tried desperately yesterday to put the best face on their withdrawal, even as a new Field Poll showed Bush far ahead among likely Republican voters in the winner-take-all race for the state's 162 GOP delegates. <...>

The bait and switch on the debate left the Arizona senator -- whose favorite campaign line is "I'll always tell you the truth'' -- wide open to blistering criticism from his rivals.

"Clearly, this is more double-talk from the McCain campaign,'' said Alixe Mattingly, a spokeswoman for Bush. "Pulling out of this debate at the last minute is an indication that they're pulling out of California, where McCain's antagonistic message clearly isn't working.''

John McCain..the candidate of cut and run.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic.../MN62687.DTL&hw=mccain+opinsky&sn=001&sc=1000

Werbung:
Oh I know! It is all over the news and the papers here in Columbus, Ohio.

People are really onto McCain for his pandering Hail Mary crap. He's losing cred with Independents so quick you actually hear them running to Obama.

I personally think old McSame will make to the debate. As much as he wants to duck it I'm sure his advisor's see the polls and the polls favoring Senator Obama BIG on economic issues. In fact the only economic category that McCain led in was taxes... and Obama even posted better in the category yesterday & today (that's a sweep on who'd be best for the economy)!

I posted the poll where 79% strongly agree that the debate should go on with the rest divided up between the four other catagories... strongly don't have... somewhat don't have... newtral... somewhat have.

Hey, "TOP GUN", you do know that Obama is in favor of gun laws!!!!! Guess you better find another name like "GUN LESS"

Todays daily gal. pole has them tied and he is one up in the weekly gal.

what do you mean his poll #'s are slipping?

In today's RCP average Obama is up 3.2%. During McCain's Palin and convention bounce he led in most polls and in almost all the electoral projections....that is no longer true. His poll numbers have slipped over the last week and a half, thus it was time to pull a stunt like yesterday...a sure sign of desperation.

If obama had suggested doing the job he is being paid for NOW instead of politicking, all the "my baby daddy" libs would be applauding. Curious.

With his poll numbers tanking, McCain wants to pull out of the presidential debate. No, I'm not talking about tomorrow's debate with Obama. You see it's happened before

You continue to make bald-face lies about McCain's poll numbers, as anyone can tell by checking Gallup.com. Also, McCain clobbered Obama last time they met, at Saddleback church. :D

The frequency of your defamation posts is increasing - seems as if whoever is paying you is getting a little panicky about Obama's chances. :p

In today's RCP average Obama is up 3.2%. During McCain's Palin and convention bounce he led in most polls and in almost all the electoral projections....that is no longer true. His poll numbers have slipped over the last week and a half, thus it was time to pull a stunt like yesterday...a sure sign of desperation.

Will you make your mind up on what poll we are using. You always rummage through the polls to find the one that you like best.

oh by the way we just got back from the mall. The biggest mall in Eugene, and call me crazy but I went up and down the lanes looking for cars with Obama stickers. I looked at hundreds of cars. I found 3 Obama stickers, no McCain stickers 5 very old Kerry Edward stickers and a couple of Bush Cheney stickers. We drove through town so we could look at houses rather than take the freeway and no Obama signs.

Now I am not saying that Obama wont win Oregon. We have major voter fraud by the democratic party here, I dont think Republicans would ever have a chance with the kind of voter fraud we have, but the people are not pumped up for Obama like they were for Kerry/Edwards. I dont know why that is but its pretty clear by looking at Kerrys lead this time last year and by the way supporters did rally for Kerry and are not for Obama.

I know dozens of people at work who will not admit openly they are not voting for Obama but they do say yes when our union calls and asks them. You get pretty picked on by the union when you dont do things thier way.

Hey, "TOP GUN", you do know that Obama is in favor of gun laws!!!!! Guess you better find another name like "GUN LESS"

Hey did you know that just about anyone is in favor of gun laws? Should a convicted Armed Rober be able to get a AK-47 when he gets out? Guess what even Most NRA people will say no. Only differance is what laws...

And dont be one of those tards who thinks evry Dem is going take all there guns away. NO one is going to come with the police and take your little guns away ok?

With his poll numbers tanking, McCain wants to pull out of the presidential debate.

You'd think by this post and the spew that McCain has attempted to pull out of the presidential debates and is afraid of Obama..

The reality of the situation is Mccain hasn't pulled out of anything.

Due to the Financial Crisis, he's chosen to do his job. Obama himself has stated the situation is critical and the very importance of resolving the issue. Mccain is ACTIVELY seeking to affect that resolution.

He has not pulled out of the debate, he's simply asked for a postponement.. a very reasonable request imo considering the circumstances.

Furthermore, Mccain was open to and encouraging debate long before this first presidential debate.. something Mr. Obama chose not to participate in.

Were Mccain truly fearful of the polls or some perception that he was dreadfully in trouble.. he'd be even more eager to debate as it gives him the opportunity to change that perception.

Reality Check:

Mccain is in Washington, fighting for Americans and has placed those Americans as a matter of prime importance by trying to affect the Financial Crisis we now face. He desires a postponement of a debate.. that's it.

You'd think by this post and the spew that McCain has attempted to pull out of the presidential debates and is afraid of Obama..

The reality of the situation is Mccain hasn't pulled out of anything.

Due to the Financial Crisis, he's chosen to do his job. Obama himself has stated the situation is critical and the very importance of resolving the issue. Mccain is ACTIVELY seeking to affect that resolution.

He has not pulled out of the debate, he's simply asked for a postponement.. a very reasonable request imo considering the circumstances.

Furthermore, Mccain was open to and encouraging debate long before this first presidential debate.. something Mr. Obama chose not to participate in.

Were Mccain truly fearful of the polls or some perception that he was dreadfully in trouble.. he'd be even more eager to debate as it gives him the opportunity to change that perception.

Reality Check:

Mccain is in Washington, fighting for Americans and has placed those Americans as a matter of prime importance by trying to affect the Financial Crisis we now face. He desires a postponement of a debate.. that's it.

What a great post, and so polite :) nice to see a new and very nice member :) It makes me want to be more polite too...

It makes me want to be more polite too...

I think civil discussion is far more productive and revealing than hysteric's.. at the very least, it's less stressful ;)

Werbung:
Back