Media double standard Between hurricane katrina mississippi flooding

Werbung:
In both cases each state should have taken care of its own needs and left the fed out of it.

But now that you mention it the annual flooding of the mississippi (granted much higher than usual this time) is something far more foreseeable than the broken levy after a hurricane (granted we were warned) and therefore much more blame could be doled out.

I thought this was going to be about the media's lambasting of Bush for flying over New Orleans in Air Force 1 after Katrina and looking out the window without landing.

Did Obama fly over the flooded areas of the lower Mississippi today on the way to his Texas campaign speech? Did he land?

Oh, by the way. From the cited article:
Valero Energy Corp. was forced to reduce operations at its refinery in Memphis to between 80 percent and 85 percent of capacity because of the flooding, according to people familiar with refinery operations.
You've just heard the excuse for the next round of gasoline price increases.

Obama doesn't have time to worry about American citizens losing their homes from the floods.

He has more important things to do, like going down to Texas and ridiculing those who want our borders secured.

the media blammed bush for the poor responce not the hurricane itself...and what do you want obama to do, put out a plan that orders the water level down? Katrina had people stranded for days or more with the police force in hidding or out commiting crimes themself....and Bush said they where doing a good job...they where not...you know who said they did a poor job later on....Bush did. :eek:

I thought this was going to be about the media's lambasting of Bush for flying over New Orleans in Air Force 1 after Katrina and looking out the window without landing.

Did Obama fly over the flooded areas of the lower Mississippi today on the way to his Texas campaign speech? Did he land?

Oh, by the way. From the cited article:

You've just heard the excuse for the next round of gasoline price increases.

no he went and vistited and ordered death of bin laden while there....

Suppose Sarah Palin became president,, And Los Angeles had an 11.9 Earthquake and the power plant blew up and thousands died. You think CBS,NBC and CNN would blame Palin? You bet your ass they would. The Media only support liberals. Remember Janet Reno fired 93 US Attorneys? Where was the outrage from the Media? But when George Bush fired 8 US Attorneys oh yeah the media blasts him for that one. And Remember when Bill Clinton bombed an Aspirn factory in Kosovo the media stayed silent. But when thousands U.S Soldiers died in IRAQ the Media kept reporting this every night begining of the newscast. Plus it made front page headlines in the New York Times too.

what do you want obama to do, put out a plan that orders the water level down?

"[T]his was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..." - Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008.

"In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD." - Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

"I’m taking a special look at Barack Obama because he’s a lot closer to a Jesus-type than the other candidates, by quite a bit. What if God decided to incarnate as men preaching “hope and change.” And what if we didn’t recognize them, because we are so dull, and let them slip away, not availing ourselves of the opportunity to be led by God!" - Steve Davis, Charleston, SC March 31, 2008.

picture.php

"[T]his was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..." - Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008.

"In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD." - Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

"I’m taking a special look at Barack Obama because he’s a lot closer to a Jesus-type than the other candidates, by quite a bit. What if God decided to incarnate as men preaching “hope and change.” And what if we didn’t recognize them, because we are so dull, and let them slip away, not availing ourselves of the opportunity to be led by God!" - Steve Davis, Charleston, SC March 31, 2008.

picture.php

Those quotes are just the tip of the iceberg. The media and BO said all sorts of delusional/adoring things.

And yet, some Americans believe this crap.

the media blammed bush for the poor responce not the hurricane itself...and what do you want obama to do, put out a plan that orders the water level down? Katrina had people stranded for days or more with the police force in hidding or out commiting crimes themself....and Bush said they where doing a good job...they where not...you know who said they did a poor job later on....Bush did. :eek:

No one here is blaming obama for what he did do. The situation is the same. Though if we wanted to go that route we could mention that the US. Army corps of engineers is right now opening up levees to relieve pressure on the system but in the process they know they will be flooding additional areas with up to 25 feet of water and they know that people will be loosing their homes. So before Bush did not act quickly enough and now the actions that are being taken are going to make matters worse for a different set of people. But is obama even responsible for any of those actions? Other than getting ready to declare a state of emergency he himself has done nothing. At this same time bush was also getting ready to declare a state of emergency - they both need to wait for governers to ask for it.

Are you complaining that government workers did not do their jobs and in fact contributed to the looting?

In fact if we are honest here all the complaints that have been raised are ALL against government workers.

Which is a shame since there were hordes of white klu klux klansmen swarming in from neighboring states to loot after katrina and none of them worked for government. Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Those quotes are just the tip of the iceberg. The media and BO said all sorts of delusional/adoring things.

And yet, some Americans believe this crap.

There will always be the lunatic fringe in our society who will believe whatever bull**** the leftists and their media minions are shoveling at them.

I'm anxiously looking forward to Obama finishing the "job" that he started. The collapse of the U.S. economy via hyper-inflation caused by Argentina-style monetary devaluation is just around the corner. It will be the ultimate "wake-up call" for all of those Americans who are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

The federal government can't hide behind their curtain forever.

Werbung:
There will always be the lunatic fringe in our society who will believe whatever bull**** the leftists and their media minions are shoveling at them.

While there are several groups that we could call lunatics or fringe the people who believe liberal thinking are a much larger group and they include some very normal people. My brother-in-law for example, votes democrat merely because as a laborer he believes that the democratic party "is for the little guy". That's the line so many tell that it is easy for normal people to believe. The reality is that both parties are for and against the little guy in their own ways. While what we need is a party that is for all Americans. I have not heard anything to show me that the tea party is not that party.

Speaking of who is for whom and why I saw an interesting truck yesterday. It was a large tricked out pick up truck with union stickers and Obama stickers on the back. But it also had a sticker that said: "Don't blame me I voted for the American."

Back