Michael Smerconish Rejects GOP

"The national GOP is a party of exclusion and litmus tests, dominated on social issues by the religious right, with zero discernible outreach by the national party to anyone who doesn't fit neatly within its parameters."
http://www.huffingto...r_b_470793.html

The GOP is imploding!

I'm not sure the GOP is imploding. It's true that some of the more intelligent moderates are bailing, but there is still a hard core elite that is mobilizing a huge number of more unaware people under the umbrella of the Tea Party movement.

These Tea Party pawns are being mobilized by billionaires to preserve the status quo of the rich and privileged and return the Republican elite to control of congress. The pawns are not doing anything in their own best interests but they are serving the purpose of the established elite, just like the Christian Coalition did in the 1990's. And they may have a similar impact on the coming elections.

And the Republican elite will abandon them just as quickly as they did the Christian Coalition once they get in power.

Werbung:
I'm not sure the GOP is imploding. It's true that some of the more intelligent moderates are bailing, but there is still a hard core elite that is mobilizing a huge number of more unaware people under the umbrella of the Tea Party movement.

These Tea Party pawns are being mobilized by billionaires to preserve the status quo of the rich and privileged and return the Republican elite to control of congress. The pawns are not doing anything in their own best interests but they are serving the purpose of the established elite, just like the Christian Coalition did in the 1990's. And they may have a similar impact on the coming elections.

And the Republican elite will abandon them just as quickly as they did the Christian Coalition once they get in power.

Good point & our real security lies with the fact that these "hard core elites" don't represent enough numbers to ever win a national election on their own. (& they will always be....."On their own"...ie no minorities, moderates or Independents)

It's probably best you forget to list all o' those Republican-elites....especially around the Tea-Baggers (not exactly big fans of the Elite).

BTW....where can we see that long-list o' Republican-elites?

:rolleyes:

Good point & our real security lies with the fact that these "hard core elites" don't represent enough numbers to ever win a national election on their own. (& they will always be....."On their own"...ie no minorities, moderates or Independents)

I hope I am giving too much importance to the wingnuts in the Tea Party and hope they they can't win a national election. Their behavior is disgraceful.

However, the Republican elite mobilized a similar band of air heads under the umbrella of the "Christian Coalition" in the late 90's and were influential in getting George W. Bush elected. Twice.

So, I think anything is on the table.

OK.....If this is not just a GOP problem, which other parties would you say share Smerconish's concerns of being a party of "exclusion and litmus tests, dominated on social issues by the religious right, with zero discernible outreach by the national party to anyone who doesn't fit neatly within its parameters."??
Sorry....The old weak defense of.."OK, but they all do it"..... is just not accurate. The problems Smerconish is leaving the GOP due to... are exclusively GOP problems. No one is leaving any other party due to them & they reflect intolerant & quite un-American thinking & demand for strict obedience, imo. These demands are more appropriate for the 17th & 18th century....than they are for today.

The Democratic party would of course not get the same concerns from Smerconish. This because he is a Democrat:

"John McCain is an honorable man who has served his country well. But he will not get my vote. For the first time since registering as a Republican 28 years ago, I’m voting for a Democrat for president"

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/in-philly-conse.html

Werbung:
I hope I am giving too much importance to the wingnuts in the Tea Party and hope they they can't win a national election. Their behavior is disgraceful.

However, the Republican elite mobilized a similar band of air heads under the umbrella of the "Christian Coalition" in the late 90's and were influential in getting George W. Bush elected. Twice.

So, I think anything is on the table.

The GOP of the 90's & before...... doesn't exist anymore. Today, no one will even admit to being one anymore. (they are "Proud Conservatives" or just "Conservatives"....Anything but Republican!)

Here's a photo of the 2012 GOP Presidential candidate:
PWO6828.jpg

Back