Michelle Obama Not Happy?

asur

Michelle Obama must be unhappy now that her husband
is starting to fade in polls. She said she was never
proud of America until recent days.

But why are you unhappy?

You had a free college education, a beautiful house paid for by others
and you've never had to struggle for anything like the rest of us.

I guess all those years of listening to Rev Wright in the front pew
made you angry and hateful?

Werbung:
She also doesnt seem to want us to be happy either. She gave a speech to a womans group telling them to avoid middle classness, to avoid the ivy leage schools, to be happy where they are at. Of course she didnt do any of that, even though it was (before taken off the website) some thing her preacher insisted on as the ten point list of what it means to be a church member.

It seems to me that its the American Dream to try to do well, become middle class or upper middle class. Im not there yet but hopefully I can be.

I dont like her :mad:

Are you voting for the president or his wife?

You obviously live in a world too wrapped up with celebrities and gossip that you shouldn't have the ability to vote.

Are you voting for the president or his wife?

You obviously live in a world too wrapped up with celebrities and gossip that you shouldn't have the ability to vote.

im not voting for obama or his wife. we dont know alot about obama except he claims he can bring change, and hope.

his wife is the most pathetic hopeless person i have ever seen. if he can not do anything for her hope in over 10 years of being married, he has nothing to offer the American people.

so yes i look at all the people he surrounds himself with, especially someone like a wife and a pastor. if he had a very happy wife, hopeful and blah blah... i wouldnt be able to say, this man can not deliever on his promise for hope for our future, if he cant do it for his own wife.

I live in a world where I watch as much news as I can, i work full time and am taking care of my brothers kids. I dont know much about celebrities and their gossip. And I will have the ability to vote, because I dont live in Florida or Michigan :)

I wonder what news channel you watch. I'm pretty sure I could hazard some good guesses.

the news I watch msnbc, cnbc, fon, hnn,cnn

I do not watch much local news and I do not tend to watch the regular nightly news on abc, nbc or cbs on the local channels.

When I want to hear the ugly side of the repubs I watch msnbc, and cnbc, When I want to hear the ugly side of the dems I watch fox and to try and even it all out with cnn. But I have favorite shows on all those channels.

Do you think some news channels lie, and others are totally honest? They all have their spins.

If all I listend to was msnbc's hardball , I would think that listening to obama speak should send a tingle down my leg too! Olbermann is clearly bias for Obama, the only negative things you hear are about the other candidates.

Same goes for fox. you hear the bad stuff about the dems and they dig up anything they can good about mccain.

just basicly watching Michelle Obama speak you can see she is not a very happy person. Listening to her, you can hear most of what she says is fairly negative. I did not need a particular news channel to tell me that.

Do you think a happy person would say things like

America is a downright mean country and getting meaner
or
for the first time in my adult life i am really proud to be an american

the words were negative, most of her speeches are negative, the tone she says them in are negative. what does the news channel have to do with noticing she is a basicly negative person?

You can take "for the first time in my adult life i am really proud to be an american" either way, depending on the spin you put on it.

It's not okay for someone to become more patriotic, but people who convert to Chrisitanity are fine?

This one single statement by Michelle has been taken completely out of a larger context, put on a tape and played over and over and over. Big deal.

If patriotism could be measured in propaganda, flag decals, and false proclamations of military might then her critics would win hand down.

You can take "for the first time in my adult life i am really proud to be an american" either way, depending on the spin you put on it.

It's not okay for someone to become more patriotic, but people who convert to Chrisitanity are fine?

I guess you can take it any way you want to. I wouldn’t think much of it if it was a statement that stood alone. It combined with other statements like… Americans were mean and getting meaner, lazy sloth.... I can’t exactly remember all of the insults. (Look them up)

Adding those together and then her speech she gave to a woman’s group on how we shouldn’t strive for middle classness, shouldn’t try to reach for Ivy league colleges. We should stay in the service industry. exc.

The American dream (for most Americans) IS becoming middle class or upper middle class, for going to a good ivy school like she did, for becoming a professional.

She did go to a fantastic school, lives in a wonderful house, she IS living the American dream but preaches to others not to strive for it, settle for where we are at and what we have. I personally don’t consider that American or the American dream.

I have no clue what you meant by..

It's not okay for someone to become more patriotic, but people who convert to Christianity are fine?

I wish more Americans were patriotic, and I don’t care who does or doesn’t convert what ever religion they like or don’t like.

You seem to have a hang up on religion or maybe Christians in general? I do not consider myself a Christian but if someone is a Christian or Jewish or Muslim. It’s no business of mine. I can only see their religion being my business in a case like if I were voting for them for President of the United States of America. Or if they were about to marry my child, or I would hire them to run my business. If they were some main stream religion I don’t think it would effect my decision but if they were in some cult or hate filled church it might very well.

I guess you can take it any way you want to. I wouldn’t think much of it if it was a statement that stood alone. It combined with other statements like… Americans were mean and getting meaner, lazy sloth.... I can’t exactly remember all of the insults. (Look them up)
See for me, I dont put much creed in the spouse of the candidate. There are a few exceptions. Firstly, in the vast majority of cases, the spouse is a rather minor figure, they dont care for the publicity, and ususally arent cut out for it. The Clinton team being an exception, but by and large most people dont base thier votes on any given candidates spouse.

Given the two examples you use as "insults" Id like to know where she is incorrect. Have our rates of obesity not gone through the roof? Are we not lazier? Think about this, we have a highly unpopular war going on. In college campuses all over the country, a generation ago, they took to the streets, they gathered by the tens of thousands and sometimes rioted to show thier displeasure. Now, we sit at hope and blog about it. I am just as guilty but what she says in not untrue.
As for the second one...yeah Id say Americans are getting meaner...or well how about less nice. I know I am not the only one who percieves that drivers are less patient. I know I am not the only one who notices an increasing amount of people who when in public socialize less with the people around them, and more with who they are on the phone with.

Adding those together and then her speech she gave to a woman’s group on how we shouldn’t strive for middle classness, shouldn’t try to reach for Ivy league colleges. We should stay in the service industry. exc.
Id like you to provide some further evidence of this. If she said this in a speech the news media and everyone else would be all over it. When was the speech? What audience was it given to?

I have no clue what you meant by..

It's not okay for someone to become more patriotic, but people who convert to Christianity are fine?

I wish more Americans were patriotic, and I don’t care who does or doesn’t convert what ever religion they like or don’t like.

You seem to have a hang up on religion or maybe Christians in general? I do not consider myself a Christian but if someone is a Christian or Jewish or Muslim. It’s no business of mine. I can only see their religion being my business in a case like if I were voting for them for President of the United States of America. Or if they were about to marry my child, or I would hire them to run my business. If they were some main stream religion I don’t think it would effect my decision but if they were in some cult or hate filled church it might very well.
You were quoting 9sublime, he is British, most of his analogies dont make sense. :D

When you said you wished more Americans were patriotic...clarify further please. See the problem I have with this argument is how ones patriotism is defined and measured. Indulge me in some hypotheticals here.
Is someone a patriot because they wear a flag pin? Or how about the magnet sticker on thier car? Proclaiming how much they or god love thier country. Will be more of a patriot if my flag pin is bigger than the next guy?
How about if I wear a button or even better paint my house in the fashion of the US flag. Or get it tattooed to my face?

You see, Patriotism comes in many fashions and is a state of mind and is tough to measure in tangible terms. Because I have been critical of some things America has or does do, am I less of a patriot than someone who agrees with thier government all the time? Because to me, questioning and disagreeing with our government is the most patriotic thing and is what the founding fathers would have wanted. When one needs to portray the love of thier country through a physical display, they are not a patriot, nor even a citizen. They have become a subject.

I wouldn’t put much into a wife of a president either normally. But when the man running for office has only three real themes in his platform, I have to look at what ever examples I can find. There is Hope, Change, and Judgment. Where can I possibly look in his life to show how well he can inspire hope? The first place that comes to mind is his own home life.

But when you look there you find a woman who has spent ten years with him but is about as hope-less as they get. She is unhappy that she will pay for hers and his school loans for two Ivy League schools (each) till her mid 40s. I would be so filled with pride that I was able to get into even one of these schools and with this education I only had to pay my loans for 8-10 years after graduation.

She has had no reasons to be proud of her country till now. When I think of and talk about my country, I sometimes am over whelmed with pride just remembering and thinking of the great things America has contributed to the world as a whole, and yes I sometimes get sad when I think about some of our dumb mistakes.

She thinks America is down right mean. I think, my gosh we are so awe inspiring, we are the only nation to war without own selves to stop a horrible act, we fight wars but never take their land when we win (except enough to bury our dead), even in the war we are in now, agree with the actual war or not but it’s a true fact that our men and women risk their lives above and beyond what they have to just to help insure less civilians get hurt. No other country does that in war. Our country sends more money to other poor nations than other country’s while we all agree we need money here at home.

I am sorry but if that is hope, I am better off with out it. How can America expect he will inspire true hope for us as a nation if he couldn’t do it for his own wife in ten years?

I don’t look at her for the crabby person she is as much as I look at her for what she lacks considering she is married to the magic man of hope!

If you think I am being unreasonable in my thinking that is ok, it is your right to pick your man differently than I would pick mine.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MmEyN2RkNzcwYzgyZDY2MDBiY2U5MjJlZGMwNDM2ODg=

This is one link to the story; there are a number of the links about it.

As for Americans being more patriotic GIVE YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR TROOPS THE BENIFET OF DOUBT, INSTEAD OF INSTANTLY ATTACKING THEM with things like we are their to steal land, oil, torture people.

I mean….. say something good about your nation. Acknowledge that we have made mistakes, slavery, women not being able to vote exc. But that we have corrected to the best we can our past mistakes and still do try to improve our selves. Acknowledge that even if you disagree with the war, we are not there to steal their oil (one thing I heard repeatedly). Stand up for your country when someone says we are there only to steal their oil, defend your nation. Don’t be silent or worse yet join in. and if you ever did, then step up and say, you know I was wrong, I bought into the whole we are there for cheap oil and now I see we were not, I m sorry.

That’s something I don’t get from any of the IDIOTS who claimed we were there to rape Iraq for oil. I still laugh at them and ask when do I ever get some of that cheap oil...

What is even funnier is Nancy Pelosi now claiming we should at least be getting cheap oil for our troubles, when she was one railing how horrible we were because she thought we were doing it for cheap oil.

I don’t think it’s patriotic for people like John Kerry to say our guys are going in the homes of Women and children in the dark of night
Terrorizing exc. Blah blah.

If you get an education you will do good, if you don’t you will get stuck in Iraq.

What does that say to all the men and women who joined and went because the felt it was the right thing to do for their country? Educated men and women who left good jobs and a good life to do what they felt was best for their country and countrymen. It’s an insult!

It seems daily people (usually on the left) say things so horrible and degrading about our nation, and our military then point and say see see… those guys in those other country’s hate us. Well my gosh if I listened and believed the crap that the Hollywood left, or left in general says about our nation, I’d hate us too!

I could take up twenty pages printing every rude mean disgusting thing the left says about our troops and our country but I don’t have time and im sure you have google.

What I find so funny is that the radical Islamic people who hate us and I do not disagree that they hate us. These people want to cut our heads off with small dull knives,

They hate that we let women have equal rights
They hate that we tolerate homosexuality
They hate that we have smut on every street corner
They hate that our women dress so …. Not in a burka!
They hate our Madonna’s and our Britney Spears

They hate EVERYTHING the left loves, yet the left loves them 

Werbung:
I wouldn’t put much into a wife of a president either normally. But when the man running for office has only three real themes in his platform, I have to look at what ever examples I can find. There is Hope, Change, and Judgment. Where can I possibly look in his life to show how well he can inspire hope? The first place that comes to mind is his own home life.
You take an awfully shallow view at his platform. I think his healthcare and foreign policy ideas and revenue policies are just what this country needs.
What are the other two candidates platforms?
In terms of change and hope, certainly his foreign policy ideas, of engaging in discussion with the countries we have disagreements with is fresh, and the literally thousands of new voters and especially young voters that we havent seen in generations.
But when you look there you find a woman who has spent ten years with him but is about as hope-less as they get. She is unhappy that she will pay for hers and his school loans for two Ivy League schools (each) till her mid 40s. I would be so filled with pride that I was able to get into even one of these schools and with this education I only had to pay my loans for 8-10 years after graduation.
So am I not the only who thinks no matter where you get your secondary education that it shouldnt take 20 years to pay off. Do you honestly think she is somehow ashamed of her education? of her success? Give me a break.
If you think I am being unreasonable in my thinking that is ok, it is your right to pick your man differently than I would pick mine.
I do think that, but at the same time, you have been a respectful debater and I will continue to debate you. But I do appreciate the reasonable conversation we are having without resorting to petty immature BS that sometimes happens around here.
Keep that up and I will always respectfully agree to disagree.

But in terms of the relationship between Obama...he has a damn good relationship with his spouse when compared to the other two running bar none.

As for Americans being more patriotic GIVE YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR TROOPS THE BENIFET OF DOUBT, INSTEAD OF INSTANTLY ATTACKING THEM with things like we are their to steal land, oil, torture people.
You know, I dont like our presence in Iraq. I am not the only one who feels this way. I defend the troops when they need defending. But I will use my rights to criticize thier civilian leadership for the criminal negligence they have displayed. That is no Un-American, but the responsibility of all Americans.

I dont think we went there to torture people, or kill civilians etc. I dont think we are there to make Iraq the 51st state. But thier vast oil reserves played a large part of the motivation to war.
I don’t think it’s patriotic for people like John Kerry to say our guys are going in the homes of Women and children in the dark of night
Terrorizing exc. Blah blah.
A couple things. Terror is very much a matter of perception. I dont think you will disagree. Sometimes the truth hurts...I dont think you will disagree. It doesnt matter if it is Kerry or Cheney who said it. It is well documented that US troops clear neighborhoods. So lets have a little empathy, put yourself in the shoes of the people who we are apparently trying "to help"
If a firefight you have nothing to do with, breaks out a quarter mile down the road. I can bet you that the entire area surrounding the firefight will be cleared. This involves a squad of heavily armed foreigners entering your home without permission or even probable cause and at best looking for contraband, and in many cases these foreigners taking cover in your home under incoming fire.
Now I know this might be a tough analogy to complete. But think about this...the American soldiers are there to provide security. Just as theorhetically are the police in any American city. If a shooting happened around the corner. How would you feel if the cops said they were coming in the house by way of shooting a 12ga into the deadbolt.
Then they were going to look wherever they wanted, with no warrant or probable cause. This may not be the norm there, but I know for a fact that is does happen.

I do know the vast majority of the troops there are excellent troops and I know many of them and have all the respect in the world for them and what they do. Thier leadership has failed. But there is a large part of the American poppulace who has no empathy at all for the average Iraqi.

It seems daily people (usually on the left) say things so horrible and degrading about our nation, and our military then point and say see see… those guys in those other country’s hate us. Well my gosh if I listened and believed the crap that the Hollywood left, or left in general says about our nation, I’d hate us too!

I could take up twenty pages printing every rude mean disgusting thing the left says about our troops and our country but I don’t have time and im sure you have google.
Again, you are pidgeon holing a group of 10s of if not 100million people. Both sides engage in this and it is not helpful in any way. I could go on and on about how bad the right is about a bunch of issues. So lets set aside the BS.

Back