More democrat Hypocrisy

XCALIDEM

Rep. Maxine Waters Helped Steer Bailout Funds to Bank With Family Ties

The New York Times reported Thursday that Rep. Maxine Waters helped a bank her husband served on the board of receive funds from the $700 billion bailout program.

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., helped steered millions of dollars in bailout funds to a bank on whose board her husband served, the New York Times reported Thursday.

The bank also didn't appear to meet the requirements for receiving the money, the newspaper reported.

Waters, a member of the House Financial Services Committee, arranged a meeting in September between Treasury officials and the chief executive of OneUnited, one of the country's largest black-owned banks, which requested $50 million in special bailout funds.

Treasury officials told the newspaper that Waters didn't tell them her husband, Sidney Williams, served on the bank's board of directors and has owned at least $250,000 in stock in the institution.

The bank, then considered to be in a precarious condition, received $12 million in December from the Troubled Asset Relief Program, which was intended for healthy banks.

Williams no longer serves on the bank's board; it is unclear whether he still owns OneUnited shares, the newspaper said.

The bank came under fire from regulators in 2007 for failing to give more loans to lower-income residents in Miami, while favoring wealthier customers there, the newspaper said. And the F.D.I.C. sanctioned the institution in October for "unsafe or unsound banking practices," including excessive compensation for its chief executive.

Michael Levin, a spokesman for Waters, told FOXNews.com that the Times report was riddled with errors and predicted the newspaper will make corrections.

This is the same Maxine Waters, who a few years ago opposed more regulation to FANNIEMAE and FREDDIMAC. Now she's helping to steer millions of dollars to bail out her husband's bank.... And you blame the republicans for all this mess||????

The same Maxine Waters is seen on this video rallying the troops at an ACORN rally for Obama....

Again, the ACORN-Obama connection.... HYPOCRISY????

when are the dems going to stop lying to the United States People? :mad:

Werbung:
I din't see any libs comenting on this. I guess they're ashamed of their party and the false promises of their messiah...

I din't see any libs comenting on this. I guess they're ashamed of their party and the false promises of their messiah...
Yeah.....our hearts are "breakin'".

tab-dow.gifquote

:p

Werbung:
what are you trying to say with your chart|?
What our shame-factor has produced!!!

:p

So, when does the "conservative" shame-factor commence????

:rolleyes:

"Republicans in Congress vilified Democrats for both the overall size and the number of earmarks attached to the $410 billion omnibus appropriations bill that Obama signed Wednesday. However, despite the rhetoric, Republicans requested 40 percent of the earmarks and ranked among the highest pork barrel spenders.

Six of the 10 senators that requested the most earmark dollars were Republicans, according to Taxpayers for Common Sense, a non-partisan budget watchdog group. In the House, Republicans accounted for five of the top 10."

Back