Movies and TV Shows Biased Against Christianity

Jason76

Doesn't Hollywood seem to make a mockery of Christianity? For instance, look at the mockery on the Simpsons. :rolleyes: Well, of course, some people might say balanced views should be heard. However, the views aren't even balanced. There are few pro-religious shows on TV. Two I can think of, right off hand, are "Highway to Heaven", or "Little House on the Prarie".

You might ask why Hollywood hates Christianity? Well, for one thing, it's full of intellectuals who hate Christianity. However, do the majority of the American public share that feeling?

Werbung:
I don't think it's the majority. I think it's a vocal minority. I'm not saying Christians are necessarily the majority, since I'm not sure of the numbers. I think Christians and tolerant people together, however, outnumber the anti-Christians.

I do not like the way Christians are frequently portrayed as all being a bunch of cultists or fanatics though. It's very rare to see a reasonable, decent, tolerant, portrayal of a Christian. It gets old.

A lot of people are into shock. Why would they want to watch The Waltons, when they can watch The Terminator? Therefore, another reason family shows are losing viewers is because, unless your full of God's spirit, you might find them boring. However, the major reason is because of an anti-Christian bias in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Doesn't Hollywood seem to make a mockery of Christianity? For instance, look at the mockery on the Simpsons. :rolleyes: Well, of course, some people might say balanced views should be heard. However, the views aren't even balanced. There are few pro-religious shows on TV. Two I can think of, right off hand, are "Highway to Heaven", or "Little House on the Prarie".

You might ask why Hollywood hates Christianity? Well, for one thing, it's full of intellectuals who hate Christianity. However, do the majority of the American public share that feeling?

Most of the media it is controlled by jews. This is why most films and TV shows are against Christians

There are some shoes and movies the mock Christianity, but I don't believe its the majority, by any means. I'm not going to bother looking it up, because it doesn't matter. Hollywood is subject to anyone's religion. If all the people who are offended by this boycotted Hollywood, you MIGHT be able to put a hurting on their numbers. But I wouldn't count on it.

I don't think it's the majority. I think it's a vocal minority. I'm not saying Christians are necessarily the majority, since I'm not sure of the numbers. I think Christians and tolerant people together, however, outnumber the anti-Christians.

I do not like the way Christians are frequently portrayed as all being a bunch of cultists or fanatics though. It's very rare to see a reasonable, decent, tolerant, portrayal of a Christian. It gets old.

I agree that it's very rare to see a reasonable, decent, tolerant, portrayal of a Christian.

Perhaps because there are so few around.

Now add in what you know about televangelists and you have almost no reasonable, decent, tolerant Christian.

Christianity has been homophobic and misogynous for so long that Christians have forgotten that theirs is an immoral creed and if I was in Hollywood I would paint them as such.

Christianity begins with embracing human sacrifice and substitutionary punishment, and that immorality just let to more of the same.

If Christians want respect then they should change their immoral tenets.

Regards
DL

A lot of people are into shock. Why would they want to watch The Waltons, when they can watch The Terminator? Therefore, another reason family shows are losing viewers is because, unless your full of God's spirit, you might find them boring. However, the major reason is because of an anti-Christian bias in Hollywood.

I agree. Because of Christianity's immoral tenets.

Some just do not like that Hollywood does not discriminate enough against women and gays without a just cause the way Christian bias does.

Regards
DL

The Simpsons is more accurate to most Christians and church then the ones you listed at the end. And how many other shows do episodes based on bible tales...Simpsons did.

Is Hollywood deliberately making fun of Christians though, or is it just reflecting how the general public feel about them, or in fact all religions?

Maybe there is no bias. Maybe everyone is so used to the assumption that everyone else is christian that they don't notice the christian theme being brought up in every tv show ever made in the united states. For example, anyone watch The Bernie Mac Show? Did you see the episodes regarding the family going to church? They weren't making fun of anyone but themselves. But nobody batted an eye about them going there. If it had been a Mosque, however, there would have been A LOT of angry calls and letters.

The Jeffersons, Mama's family, All in the Family, A-team, KnightRider, King of the Hill, The Cosby Show, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, the show where George Jefferson was a deacon, 227, A Different World, Good Times, Wilfred, Sopranos, Sex and The City, and on, and on, and on...

They all had references to Christianity. And no one paid attention because it was actually expected.

Do I need to go on or can I just simply post a link, IMDB.COM, and tell you to look up American sitcoms. Take 98.361% of those and you have the number of shows that referenced Christianity.

The issue is not that anyone has a bias. The issue is that Christians have been privileged in this country for so long that they don't have to fight for anything. They're bored and want to consider themselves important. If they pretend people care enough to persecute them, they can pretend they are doing doing something other than taking the easy way out. Just like drama queens who don't have any real drama to cry about.

Is Hollywood deliberately making fun of Christians though, or is it just reflecting how the general public feel about them, or in fact all religions?

Hard to say but Hollywood deals in fantasy and so one would think they would recognize fantasy over reality and they would thus know that all religions are based on fantasy and the thinking of people. Mostly men who want money.

They would also likely know of the history that shows that view to be true.

All religions began as entertainment or power/money grabs and Hollywood recognizes their ilk in religions and compete for the same money. That is why religions and Hollywood have a love hate relationship and use and abuse each other.

Regards
DL

All religions began as entertainment or power/money grabs
Friends and I used to toy with the idea that the bible was written, originally, as a novel. Similar to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Thats the entertainment value I always suspected it had. Its fun to review bible stories when its looked at as a soap opera.

Friends and I used to toy with the idea that the bible was written, originally, as a novel. Similar to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Thats the entertainment value I always suspected it had. Its fun to review bible stories when its looked at as a soap opera.

It is indeed but as we enjoy ourselves, we should remember that in the case of the Abrahamic cults, Christianity and Islam, not reading their myths as myths has created and continues to create a lot of hardship for a lot of people.

Homophobia and misogyny are still rampant thanks to the Abrahamic cults.

Not to mention the Dark Ages against free thought and Inquisition or the present Jihad that we are fighting.

To not hate these religions is to give them merit they do not deserve.

Regards
DL

Given that the entertainment industry has not demonstrated any understanding of what the actual public are like, I kinda doubt it.

Werbung:
Curious concept. The entertainment value aspect most likely is a result of it (the Bible) having been an oral history for hundreds of years. The passages that resonated better carried forward. This being mainly the New Testament of course, the old had been in print for quite some time.

Back