Murtha Was Right

Beetle Bailey

The House of Representatives just voted to do exactly what Rep. Murtha called for two years ago. How about that.

Werbung:
Ahhh.... Cut and run! There's a new strategy from Congress that Islamic extremists will surly honor and respect! Yawn!....and?

-Castle

Ahhh.... Cut and run! There's a new strategy from Congress that Islamic extremists will surly honor and respect! Yawn!....and?

-Castle

Cut and run. Yawn. Same old catch phrases. Same childish buzz words. Yawn. They really don't work any more though. Do they? Infantile rhetoric designed to patronize a servile, unquestioning citizenry. Too bad the right wing has nothing new to tell us after four years. Just more of the same. Yawn.
Oh, and by the way. What strategy? There hasn't been any evidence of an actual strategy. Just a slow, grinding progression of gross strategic blunders combined with obvious tactical errors. No plan. The strategy is being determined by events rather than the other way around.
You want a new strategy? Here. I have one. Let's invade more Islamic nations. Let's see if we can really perpetuate this thing. We can use Iraq as a model. Invade countries so we can create new terrorists where few existed before. Makes as much sense as any thing we have ever heard from the Bush people. Yawn.

hahahaa

There is no more money:cool: :D Now it is time to find the ways to survive.... I will grow potatos:D Maybe I will go deer hunting or fishing to get some food:D

Um...what?

Usually I don't have a problem following your reasoning but this one has me stumped.

He's reasoning, that if we pull out of Iraq, and head back home, then, as Bush and Cheney have warned, the terrorists will surely follow and unleash murder and mayhem in America's cities.

And of course, this makes perfect sense:confused: . The terrorists and Al Qaeda killers are fighting American forces in Iraq because they know how to get there. You see, muslim extremists have long known where Iraq is located, how to find it, and how to hitch a ride there. Yet they still have not figured out where America is. Despite their best efforts, Islamic terrorists just don't know where America is located. That is why there have been no terrorist attacks in nearly six years. They're waiting for US forces to withdraw, so that they can follow them back.

If American troops start to leave, the terrorists will stowaway underneath the chassis of American trucks, or hide in boxes or crates loaded into retreating American transport ships and planes. Once the terrorists are in America, they will slip away, radio back to base, and the mystery of America's location will be revealed. Once that happens, say goodbye to the American way of life.

ArmChair, our presence in Iraq has damaged the terrorists capabilities. We've killed their General (Zarqawi), killed hundreds of their leaders, eliminated a lot of their training facilities, put their leader (OBL) on the run, etc.

Should we leave, we take the pressure off of AQ and allow them to regroup and re-equip to pre-2003 strength.

In my estimation, we need to keep the pressure on the Islamic fundamentalists until they are no longer a threat and of course, this entails extending the war against terrorism into Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iran...

ArmChair, our presence in Iraq has damaged the terrorists capabilities.

I don't even know what this means. It sounds like a bush talking point to me.

We've killed their General (Zarqawi), killed hundreds of their leaders, eliminated a lot of their training facilities, put their leader (OBL) on the run, etc.

Should we leave, we take the pressure off of AQ and allow them to regroup and re-equip to pre-2003 strength.

In my estimation, we need to keep the pressure on the Islamic fundamentalists until they are no longer a threat and of course, this entails extending the war against terrorism into Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iran...
You know, everytime someone brings up how supposedly Zarqawi was a big dude behind all trouble in Iraq, the more it reminds me of a bad cop movie. Every cop movie has the same plot: they track down Mister Big and the crime ring gets broken. Then you read the real crime news and there is no Mister Big. It's a million little muggers and thugs, with no organization at all. Nobody puts that in a script because it's too depressing. If the problem is just one guy, you can beat it by killing or capturing him. If it's a million little nobodies, you're doomed.

Zarqawi was a nobody, strictly small-time.

The reason those Jihadi websites kept making such a big fuss about Zarqawi's every move is basically the same one that kept the Pentagon blaming everything in Iraq except the weather on him. They need a Mr. Big for their propaganda as much as we do. Except their version was a hero, Robin Hood in a greasy skullcap, always outsmarting the big dumb American crusaders. Essentially he's a great fundraising gimmick, a cross-eyed posterboy, for Al Q. They haven't done **** in years, and the only way they can keep the rich donors happy is taking credit for every blast in Iraq.

Both sides want to make the Iraq insurgency a classic Mr Big story. Al Q wants to give its own lame, James-Bond multinational crew credit for what's actually a homegrown, neighborhood-based Iraqi uprising. The Pentagon wants to put a face-an outside agitator's face-on the car bombers. America will do anything to avoid having to face the most obvious fact about Iraq: they hate our guts, all of them. Making Zarqawi out to be Mr.Big also hid the fact that our so-called intelligence units still didn't know a damn thing about the insurgency. It made it seem as if we we're hot on the trail of the one demon responsible for the whole mess.

Which suits the counter-insurgents just fine. That's the most depressing angle of all on the whole Zarqawi thing: it's not just the Pentagon and Al Q who were happy to keep him in the spotlight. The real bosses of the insurgency were getting down on their knees every night and thanking Allah for the Z-man, because he kept the heat off them.

They're not Mr. Big. There is no Mr Big. They're more like a few thousand Mr. Middles, a whole crowd of ex-officers and clan leaders in every Sunni town or village who have some kind of loose control over some of the counter-insurgents. Not all, there are hundreds of insurgent groups fighting, and nobody controls them all.

Of course some of the bigger, more professional networks have real leaders. These guys are solid, intelligent men, usually young-20s, early 30s-who get respect in the neighborhood. They are homegrown Iraqis with real standing in the clan and tribal networks that really run things in Iraq.

And they are all anonymous. Guerrilla war kills off the glory-seekers like Zarqawi pretty quickly. The guys who last will be total unknowns, until the new regime gives them their medals when we finally give up on this mess.

Werbung:
Back