My Chaos Narrative-66 Years of Bipolar disorder

RonPrice

The economic impact of bipolar disorder(BPD) can now be measured in the hundreds of billions of dollars in the OECD countries(Science Daily, Pittsburgh, 2005). Some 80% of people who have BPD do not even realize that they have BPD and, of those who do, a great percentage do not seek treatment. Of those who do, like myself, time/hours/years lost in FT employment have been many, perhaps as many as a dozen. I was unemployed in 1968, 1980, and from 1999 to 2009 when at the age of 65 I went on an old-age pension.

By 1999, at the age of 55, I experienced the difficulty in remaining in FT employment and financial troubles followed due to just having a disability pension. By the age of 66 in 2010, I had only $5000 standing in the bank and in investments between my wife and I and the cold, cold world, as they say. This financial stringency came as a result of: (a) my early retirement from FT employment in 1999 at the age of 55, and (b) not saving more money over the years in preparation for my retirement.
READERS WANTING MORE OF MY STORY NEED ONLY ASK--

Werbung:
Back