My thought for the day:

PLC1

Staff member
Most of the kids in this picture will be old enough to vote in 2020.

march.jpg

Werbung:
I'd be willing to bet the ones in that picture will.
and there's no evidence they've been "rented by Soros."
Yes, there is.
Time will tell on the voting. May not matter, does not seem to be much interest in constitutional amendments on either side of the aisle. So who do they vote for ?

Yes, there is.
Time will tell on the voting. May not matter, does not seem to be much interest in constitutional amendments on either side of the aisle. So who do they vote for ?
Now, there's a good question. Trump has come out for an assault weapon ban, and his Democratic rival, whoever that may be, will no doubt be for the same thing. That also seems to be the goal of the protesters. I suppose it will come down to which candidate is most credible.

Considering how many were rented by Soros they probably already are. The rest, well 18 yr olds don't vote.

I'd be willing to bet you cannot prove that lie just as you cannot prove so many others you have made. No wonder you voted for the liar Trump. Your Nietzsche form of "christianity" is just like his.

Now, there's a good question. Trump has come out for an assault weapon ban, and his Democratic rival, whoever that may be, will no doubt be for the same thing. That also seems to be the goal of the protesters. I suppose it will come down to which candidate is most credible.
Or if they will vote for either.
If a Bernie like candidate Bob's up and gets swept under the carpet that may translate into stay home. If both support then mission accomplished, stay home.
If they are clever enough to realize it's a congressional matter, again stay home.
Its clever of trump to chat up something he can't make happen.

According to the Washington Post (citing Department of Education data), "...the statistical likelihood of any given public school student being killed by a gun, in school, on any given day since 1999 was roughly 1 in 614,000,000. And since the 1990s, shootings at schools have been getting less common." To put that into perspective, students are more likely to get struck by lighting, die after being hit by a falling meteorite, be killed by a shark, or in more common instances, other statistics show they are much more likely to die falling off their bike on their way to school, getting in a car crash, or dying from an injury while playing school sports.

If "every kid in this country" (as claimed by March for Our Lives) goes to school wondering if they will get shot - why? This fear appears to be irrational and grounded in no actual evidence. Who is telling them that they should feel unsafe?

That is certainly a cold conservative NRA way of looking at things. Dying is not all there is to it. Lightning or a meteorite is fast and unexpected. Hearing gun fire and screaming and finding your friends are being killed one by one produces a long lived terror.

A bike ride, sports, a car crash. Is also sudden and unexpected. A person feels that they have at least some degree of control to prevent that. You have no control when you or your friends are in the sights of a mad killer with a gun.

According to the Washington Post (citing Department of Education data), "...the statistical likelihood of any given public school student being killed by a gun, in school, on any given day since 1999 was roughly 1 in 614,000,000. And since the 1990s, shootings at schools have been getting less common." To put that into perspective, students are more likely to get struck by lighting, die after being hit by a falling meteorite, be killed by a shark, or in more common instances, other statistics show they are much more likely to die falling off their bike on their way to school, getting in a car crash, or dying from an injury while playing school sports.

If "every kid in this country" (as claimed by March for Our Lives) goes to school wondering if they will get shot - why? This fear appears to be irrational and grounded in no actual evidence. Who is telling them that they should feel unsafe?

You are always so far behind the times in your beliefs:

http://time.com/5168272/how-many-school-shootings/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-shooting-whats-driving-the-increase-in-deadly-school-shootings/

What is irrational is your lack of compassion for the kids. Then too, your own paranoia over losing one of your toys speaks to an irrational fear.

Yes, there is.

Aside from your usual right wing ignorance, where is the proof that Soros is involved at all in this? Ignore me all you want dawgie, you still can't prove anything you say.

That is certainly a cold conservative NRA way of looking at things. Dying is not all there is to it. Lightning or a meteorite is fast and unexpected. Hearing gun fire and screaming and finding your friends are being killed one by one produces a long lived terror.

A bike ride, sports, a car crash. Is also sudden and unexpected. A person feels that they have at least some degree of control to prevent that. You have no control when you or your friends are in the sights of a mad killer with a gun.

The data is the data. The simple fact is that being killed in a school shooting is incredibly unlikely.

The data is the data. The simple fact is that being killed in a school shooting is incredibly unlikely.
And the odds of being killed by airplanes being crashed into a tall building are pretty long, too, yet we went to war based on that having happened.

Or if they will vote for either.
If a Bernie like candidate Bob's up and gets swept under the carpet that may translate into stay home. If both support then mission accomplished, stay home.
If they are clever enough to realize it's a congressional matter, again stay home.
Its clever of trump to chat up something he can't make happen.
I think you're grossly underestimating the youth.

Werbung:
And the odds of being killed by airplanes being crashed into a tall building are pretty long, too, yet we went to war based on that having happened.

We did - and we ultimately wound up in Iraq over this - which a lot of people will argue was a mistake. It's almost like rushing public policy decisions, and using emotional appeals over actual facts and data will yield poor outcomes...

But the real point is that the odds of dying in a terror attack in the United States are incredibly small - just like the odds of being killed in a school shooting are basically non-existent as well. I remember watching the CNN town hall after the shooting in Florida and hearing people yell "do something!!" I get the anger and the outrage and the desire to move quickly - but if you want to actually accomplish something meaningful - there needs to be a bigger discussion and figuring out what can be done that will actually impact outcomes the way that we want.

Back