National Debt limit is $14.3 trillion, Current debt subject to limit is..............

Werbung:
Re: National Debt limit is $14.3 trillion, Current debt subject to limit is..........

quick lets lower taxes and spend more!

thats what Republicans did last time in the white house right? and the time before that...and the time before that.....

Quick lets raise taxes and spend more...that's BO's plan.

No doubt you think it will work. BO is after all, the smartest man alive.

You do know that he can walk on water...right?

Re: National Debt limit is $14.3 trillion, Current debt subject to limit is..........

thats what Republicans did last time in the white house right? and the time before that...and the time before that.....
Lets see... Obama lowered taxes and spent about 4 trillion... So he must be a Republican too. :rolleyes:

I don't recall either Bush or Reagan having a $1.6 trillion budget deficit or having a national debt exceeding $14 trillion dollars.

I do recall the left screaming bloody murder when Bush was running budget deficits of $200-300 billion, and this was during the peak of the Iraq War and after the Bush tax cuts.

PFOS, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Your credibility in this forum is below zero.

This is a crisis that can only be solved by raising revenues and decreasing spending. The best way to raise revenue is to increase private sector productivity. The gov cannot make businesses become more productive but it can stop making them less productive. Taxes and regulations make business less productive.

This is a crisis that can only be solved by raising revenues and decreasing spending. The best way to raise revenue is to increase private sector productivity. The gov cannot make businesses become more productive but it can stop making them less productive. Taxes and regulations make business less productive.

Are you saying that "Cash For Clunkers", and "Obamacare", and home-buying rebates, and bailouts of Wall Street investment banks and car companies and insurance companies, and home re-financing programs, and all of Obama's other economic "stimulus" programs haven't worked out? :eek:

Are you saying that "Cash For Clunkers", and "Obamacare", and home-buying rebates, and bailouts of Wall Street investment banks and car companies and insurance companies, and home re-financing programs, and all of Obama's other economic "stimulus" programs haven't worked out? :eek:

In re-reading my original statement - no. The gov can make an individual business more productive but it cannot make the economy as a whole more productive by helping an individual business. In fact, helping one business hurts the economy as a whole.

Now I will say that all those programs haven't worked out. Each and every one of those programs has hurt the economy.

Obviously, the cure is to cut spending, >>>PRECISELY<<< the thing which caused the problem.

Reagan famously agreed to a democrat congress tax increase in his second term on the promise by the democrats that they would enact spending cuts of $3 for every $1 increase in taxes. Of course, the spending cuts never came.

Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me.

Well, the deadline is near. Isn't it tomorrow? Or is it passed? Or am I confusing the deadline for the Libyan invasion?

The Bush tax cuts were followed by an increase in revenue. So by all means lets lower taxes.

But lets lower expenses too.

Taxes and regulations make business less productive.

TAxes and regulations make individuals less productive too. Who knows the best way to spend your money? Why, you do. But taxes are based on the idea that the gov can spend your money better than you can. When has that ever been true? Well, there are a few instances in which that is true. But in the vast majority of instances it is not true and you are a better spender of your money than the gov is.

Werbung:
Back