nearly 1 in 10 Americans in Minnestoa have this problem,....and its not jobs..

Werbung:
Republicans care and they have a solution.

Drive the liberals out of office there,
start being friendly to business and
Minn jobs might just come back.

When the jobs come back, insurance should also.

Too bad your plan is to give them insurance and have someone else pay for it.

Just Curios Gen. What should these people do at the moment? I mean if there are no jobs then there can be no insurance? I mean ASUR pointed out Republicans have a plan but I have yet to see one from them. So the question is what is the short term fix that doesn't include Government run health care? These people needed health care like yesterday but like you said that doesn't include the rest of us paying for it.

Just Curios Gen. What should these people do at the moment? I mean if there are no jobs then there can be no insurance? I mean ASUR pointed out Republicans have a plan but I have yet to see one from them. So the question is what is the short term fix that doesn't include Government run health care? These people needed health care like yesterday but like you said that doesn't include the rest of us paying for it.
If you want a "quick fix" then look at the numbers... 1 in 10 are without insurance, if the other 9 with insurance feel the 1 should have insurance, they can dig into their own wallet and split the cost 9 ways rather than sitting around on their hands waiting for government to solve their problems.

As for longer term solutions, I wrote about some of my personal ideas in PLC's thread, you can read my reply HERE.

I have still not found one single person able to make the case that government can reduce the cost of providing health care. Makes you wonder why so many are so gung ho about government health care when they can't even make a case for it.

It would take time. Government didn't just show up one day in the health care market, it has been weaving its way through the system incrementally. Removing it from HC would take a couple of years, that is, if you didn't want to shock the current system and have problems like the one you mention.

The best place to start is by increasing the number of practicing health care professionals and removing governments financial incentives to universities for limiting their enrollment in medical schools. Since it takes time to train new HC professionals, we should remove the immigration cap for 10-15 years on foreign born HC professionals to allow as many as possible to enter the country and gain citizenship - this also increases the tax base.

Remove all regulation of the insurance companies, drug companies, and Health Savings Accounts, leaving only the protections necessary to prevent them from committing fraud. Make all HSA's completely tax free. Encourage people to use HSA's to pay for out of pocket checkups and preventative care while maintaining a catastrophic care policy from insurance - That will remove the middle man in all but the biggest procedures and help to bring down costs of the most common procedures.

Change the tax structure regarding insurance. Buying it through our employers doesn't allow for mobility but purchasing a single policy can be far more expensive and taxes do play a role in that. Coupling HSA's and personal catastrophic care that doesn't come from your employer would make HC insurance as affordable and portable as car insurance.

Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines. Enact tort reform. Medicare/Medicaid and the prescription drug program (Medicare part D) all need to be drastically reformed but that's for another post.

Only through measures such as these can we bring down the cost of providing Health Care. Government measures are completely unable to bring down the cost of providing care, the best it can do is reduce expenditures on HC by rationing care, reducing services, and pushing cost overruns onto the debt.

ok. Where to begin....hmmmmm I read what you have posted and I partially agree with some of it. First off we need to invest in HC professionals from this country. Ones that are actually born here. While this country was founded by immigrants I feel that as of right now we need to invest in actual Americans and not ones that just got here. Second as for DE-regulation of the health insurance industry I agree with you on that however I feel that, should be decided on a state level and have the feds totally get out of the Health care profession. As for changing the tax structure with regards to health insurance we can do that but making it as affordable and portable as car insurance I don't know about that because wouldn't we make it mandatory in the end like car insurance? As for Purchasing insurance across state lines I think a lot of state insurance commissions would have heart burn over this because every state has a different set of reg's put into place to keep insurance premiums down to a minimum. So what might be good for Texas won't be good for lets say California. Tort reform now I agree with you on that and it should be enacted but I think the states can do a better job at tort reform then the federal government. I mean if the fed's enacted tort reform you can just imagine how screwed it could really be in the end? It's my opinion that Medicare/Medicaid and that other ugly monster Medicaid Part D need to go away. I mean why should we have to pay into something that non of use who are going to be working for the next 30 years or so will never benefit from? I love my grandparents but they have a nice fat pension between the two of them complete with health insurance and that is good enough for them. Why should they or anyone else for that matter within their age bracket get special treatment? Yeah they worked all of their lives for it but then again how many of us will get a nice retirement package like my grandparents got in the end? That's just my opinion.

BTW excuse me for not using the multi-quote button feature...I didn't want to bother with it.

Too bad your plan is to give them insurance and have someone else pay for it.

and your plan is, suck it up and die

also my plan is only pay for the most poor, help the mid poor, and give the middle class a option other then what health care company to be raped by ( and any option at all to those who have a pre existing condition, or don't work for a company that is large and guy buy into large group rates...why not a large pool for them to buy into? )

TRUTH!! No One in America , be they a citizen , an illegal , a legal immigrant , or a convicted felon , or a terrorist is denied Health Care !!
They will receive care even if they have no money , no insurance!!!
All the need to do is go to a local hospital or care facility and they will receive emergency treatment at no cost !!!
It is a radical leftist lie that people are not receiving health care in America. When was the last time you saw a person lying in the street due to rejection from a hospital or other health care facility? answer is Never!
If they do not have transportation just call 911 and they will be served!
NO other Nation on this planet is so Concerned!! Yet, America is lied about not just by foreign nations but by our very own people due to their hate of the opposite politicial party!! Shame on YOU!

There have been a few Republican plans floated. None of them involve government crashing the health care system for 90% of Americans so the 10% of Americans who do not have health insurance, along with the 90% who do, will depend on government for their health care.

Reject the notion that there are collectivist solutions for individual problems.

and your plan is, suck it up and die

also my plan is only pay for the most poor, help the mid poor, and give the middle class a option other then what health care company to be raped by ( and any option at all to those who have a pre existing condition, or don't work for a company that is large and guy buy into large group rates...why not a large pool for them to buy into? )

or

get people back to work with programs that have actually worked (see JFK). that will get a portion back into ins from work.
get the fraud out of medicare/medicaid to reduce that drain.
get rid of defensive medicine with nationwide loser pays tort reform.
and find a way to address the Rx problem that does not put the R&D out of business nor put us at risk of bad drugs.

the problem is it costs too much. fix that and the rest takes care of itself.

There have been a few Republican plans floated. None of them involve government crashing the health care system for 90% of Americans so the 10% of Americans who do not have health insurance, along with the 90% who do, will depend on government for their health care.

Reject the notion that there are collectivist solutions for individual problems.

none solve anything that I have seen...

Werbung:
This is liberalism in a nut shell.

Ruin health care for all Americans to "help" 10%. I know the libs do not see it this way (cause they are blind), but government run HC will be a disaster for all of us. Of course, the progressive elites don't give a crap about the 10%, but they sure want the power and money socialized HC will give them - libs don't see this either.

If the Rs are smart, they will hammer the Ds every day from now to November for trying to screw us all with Obamacare.

It is a winning strategy, but they are not smart enough to do it.

Back