NeoCons......Meet "The Culture War"!!!

Mr. Shaman

(....And, all-these-years....you kept trying to convince everyone the workplace wasn't a democracy!!)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

"President-elect Barack Obama had plenty to say about corporate excess on the campaign trail. One place his presidency should have a direct and early impact is in so-called "say on pay" legislation that would make annual shareholder votes on senior executive compensation part of securities law. :cool:

"Over the next six months or so, it's going to get very interesting," says Richard Ferlauto, director of pension policy at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union.

Indeed, the very day after the election, Sun Microsystems (SUNW) shareholders also cast ballots for change also and voted in favor of a "say on pay" resolution by the largest margin yet, with 67% in favor. The tech company has seen its stock drop 83% in the past year and some shareholders were up in arms over CEO Jonathan Schwartz's $7.7 million in compensation, which included private aircraft use and the installation of a home security system. Connecticut state treasurer Denise Nappier, who oversees $23 billion in state pension funds and who spearheaded the vote, depicted it as a "turning point" in how shareholders will address executive pay in next year's proxy season.

Werbung:
Personally, I don't think that Republicans or Conservatives actually care if overpaid CEOs get haircuts in their compensation packages. Matter-of-fact, I think they'll welcome that, too. I also think that a hard look at our congressional leaders' individual wealth might bring to light some interesting things, too. For instance:

http://insidertrading.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=1580

Quote from the movie Extreme Prejudice by Sheriff Hank Pearson (Rip Torn):

"Hell, Jack... the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester!"

From the few comments of yours that I've read, I'd get the idea that it's your belief that only Republican politicians are bad and all Democrats are good. My opinion's different: they're all bad--they're just telling different folks what they think those folks want to hear in order to get elected and stay in office.

Most folks who go with the Peak Oil scenario hate Bush, too, but for a very different reason than you seem to: they think he should have started dismantling our industrial-based society when he got in. That's what they're hoping Obama will do. You have to understand that they don't really care how he goes about it whether by design or FUBAR--just that it gets done. In reality, virtually nobody would welcome this transition, not even you.

Most folks who go with the Peak Oil scenario hate Bush, too, but for a very different reason than you seem to: they think he should have started dismantling our industrial-based society when he got in.
....And, those-in-the-KNOW knew it was pay-back time, for those who put him in-office.

Werbung:
Back