No Compromise

Libsmasher

The republicans in congress should brook no compromise with the democrats. If they like a piece of legislation offered, fine - vote for it. But the party leadership should warn every republican that if they don't toe the line on no compromise, the RNC will work hard to defeat them in favor of any democrat at the next election. This is no different from the party discipline imposed in parliamentary systems, and it's purpose to provide a crystal clear track record that all the bad things that are about to happen are strictly the work of democrats and their leftwing agenda, clear enough so that even all the legions of idiots-with-a-vote, and there are many, will understand perfectly.

Werbung:
The republicans in congress should brook no compromise with the democrats. If they like a piece of legislation offered, fine - vote for it. But the party leadership should warn every republican that if they don't toe the line on no compromise, the RNC will work hard to defeat them in favor of any democrat at the next election. This is no different from the party discipline imposed in parliamentary systems, and it's purpose to provide a crystal clear track record that all the bad things that are about to happen are strictly the work of democrats and their leftwing agenda, clear enough so that even all the legions of idiots-with-a-vote, and there are many, will understand perfectly.

This also could have a big tendency to backfire in the midterm elections. You cannot just vote no on everything because of who proposed it. Compromising is the name of the game in Congress.

While I understand what you are saying, I agree with Big Rob. Additionally, I want *my government* to do what's best for the Nation...regardless of politics!

Ya might not have noticed but your ideology is broken. The Conservative movement as it pertains to the Republican Party is in complete and utter disarray.

And it has all come to a head in not just the last one, but the last two election cycles by you losing big all around the country because YOU ARE NOW SEEN AS THE OBSTRUCTIONIST PARTY. Or as I coined the Republican't Party.

Go to the middle. Find common ground to actually get things done and your Party will start to rebound.

Stay stuck on stupid and we'll just keep having these same conversations about your losing.:)

Ya might not have noticed but your ideology is broken.

There's a lot-o'-that, goin'-around. :rolleyes:

"Just the mention of the Democrat's name elicited boos from the sea of teary-eyed McCain supporters at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, Arizona.

Members of the dejected crowd shouted "no way!" when McCain promised to work with Obama."

art.mccain.vote.gi.jpg

So much for the "mavericky" and bi-partisan approach McCain alluded to. Do you change strategies because you're a sore loser? The interesting thing is that what you are proposing may not make a difference since neither the House or Senate will have 2/3 Republican majority to overturn vetoes, etc., nor will they have the majority power to vote things down. Should be interesting.

This also could have a big tendency to backfire in the midterm elections. You cannot just vote no on everything because of who proposed it. Compromising is the name of the game in Congress.

Reread - I said no compromise, not vote no on everything.

While I understand what you are saying, I agree with Big Rob. Additionally, I want *my government* to do what's best for the Nation...regardless of politics!

I didn't suggest anything else. To be clear: republicans normally will vote for bad democrat policy as part of compromises to get what they want. They shouldn't do this, but just vote for what they want. And what's best for the country is to depose the current left wing regime, and expose for all time the destructiveness of its policies.

Ya might not have noticed but your ideology is broken. The Conservative movement as it pertains to the Republican Party is in complete and utter disarray. [/B]

And it has all come to a head in not just the last one, but the last two election cycles by you losing big all around the country because YOU ARE NOW SEEN AS THE OBSTRUCTIONIST PARTY. Or as I coined the Republican't Party.

Go to the middle. Find common ground to actually get things done and your Party will start to rebound.

Stay stuck on stupid and we'll just keep having these same conversations about your losing

Let me just make a rare indulgence, and in a sort of intellectual slumming respond to one of your trademark imbecilic posts. :)

My "ideology" is "broken"? What could that possibly mean? :D My "ideology" is COMPLETELY intact, valid, and based on 200 years of experience and scholarship ranging from Locke to Hayek to Friedman. If you knew anything about my "ideology", we could debate it, but because you are only a slogan regurgitating moron, that's impossible.

Conservatism has had NOTHING to do with the last two election cycles - the last conservative nominee was Reagan, who left office 20 years ago!

And your suggestion to "go to the middle", after the most leftwing president since Roosevelt has been elected, is a transcendentally dimwitted mental fart, EVEN for you. :D

Enough - this is like trying to talk to a mentally deranged drunk. :eek:

Werbung:
So much for the "mavericky" and bi-partisan approach McCain alluded to. Do you change strategies because you're a sore loser? The interesting thing is that what you are proposing may not make a difference since neither the House or Senate will have 2/3 Republican majority to overturn vetoes, etc., nor will they have the majority power to vote things down. Should be interesting.

Screw the "Mavericky". I support principled conservatism, not "mavericky". Conservatives ONLY supported McCain to prevent the disaster that has unfortunately occurred. Also your veto overturn statement is neither here nor there. You seem to have completely misunderstood the OP.

Back