No flu markers

Dr.Who

Rest, relax and take it easy. The swine flu lacks the markers to make it deadly.

Well, no that is not what the CDC is saying. They are saying that it appears to be less deadly but they still are not sure. And WHO is letting out definite hints that they will declare an actual pandemic soon.

Until we get a handle on things it is still wise to exercise some caution regarding this flu.

Werbung:
Rest, relax and take it easy. The swine flu lacks the markers to make it deadly.

Well, no that is not what the CDC is saying. They are saying that it appears to be less deadly but they still are not sure. And WHO is letting out definite hints that they will declare an actual pandemic soon.

Until we get a handle on things it is still wise to exercise some caution regarding this flu.

And yet on the news program 'Sunday Morning' they said that the research has failed to show that this H1N1 has the tell-tail markers of the previous virulent flu epidemics from the past...and they have cell samples that go clear back to the Civil War to compare virus samples with.

BUT, that they could not totally say that this new H1N1 couldn't mutate into a stronger virus as it continues to build and come back next year bigger & stronger!

WELL, HELL'S-BELLS...this is the same ole-same ole that we hear about each and every year..."get your flu shot but your chances of catching something that this yearly flu shot won't cover is highly likely!!"

IMO...if this was a horrible super-bug and given the remote impoverished region of the world that it started in {MEXICO} we could/would be seeing thousands of Mexicans being wiped out...but that just isn't the case...no, not at all!!!

And yet on the news program 'Sunday Morning' they said that the research has failed to show that this H1N1 has the tell-tail markers of the previous virulent flu epidemics from the past...and they have cell samples that go clear back to the Civil War to compare virus samples with.

That's right. It is not just like the 1918 virus in that way. That does not mean it may not be dangerous in the future, but for now lets be thankful that it does not appear to be that dangerous.
BUT, that they could not totally say that this new H1N1 couldn't mutate into a stronger virus as it continues to build and come back next year bigger & stronger!

Flu viruses mutate constantly. Yes it could come back worse or it could fade away. The pattern in 1918 was that the first wave was milder than the second.
WELL, HELL'S-BELLS...this is the same ole-same ole that we hear about each and every year..."get your flu shot but your chances of catching something that this yearly flu shot won't cover is highly likely!!"

Yes we must get our seasonal flu shots. Not to protect us from this because right now there is no vaccine for it. But to decrease the chance that people with one easily caught flu don't catch another dangerous but not easily caught flu and then have them mix in their bodies into a new strain that is both easily caught and deadly.
IMO...if this was a horrible super-bug and given the remote impoverished region of the world that it started in {MEXICO} we could/would be seeing thousands of Mexicans being wiped out...but that just isn't the case...no, not at all!!!

You are probably right.

Dr. Who said: Yes we must get our seasonal flu shots. Not to protect us from this because right now there is no vaccine for it. But to decrease the chance that people with one easily caught flu don't catch another dangerous but not easily caught flu and then have them mix in their bodies into a new strain that is both easily caught and deadly.

But what ever happened to the reasoning about 'building up immunities' to germs and we can't protect everyone from everything...thought process?

I quit getting that 'annual flu shot' over 5 years ago and I've been fine ever since...because even with the 'flu shot' I still managed to come down with some 'heinous-kick-my-butt-make-me-want-to-die' flu bug that that years shot just didn't cover!!!

So I quit getting them and I sometimes get a sick stomach but it's nothing-NOTHING like what I've suffered before. That one flu shot is only good to protect the recipient against a possible 10-15 different flu bugs...and there are what??? approximately 2,500 different bugs each and every year! It's like spinning the wheel and keeping your fingers crossed that you'll be one of the 'Lucky Ones' and not get the bug that the shot doesn't cover!

But as with all things 'germ infested' the work environment has a lot to do with whether or not your going to contract the lasted/greatest flu bug. I've been employed as a Paraprofessional for over 5 years or more and that in itself means that I'm exposed to all the varieties and newest crop of 'flu bugs' going around...children with special needs just don't always adhere to personal hygiene techniques/cleanliness that the rest of us would prefer to practice!

But what ever happened to the reasoning about 'building up immunities' to germs and we can't protect everyone from everything...thought process?

Building up immunities works great for healthy people who are exposed to viruses there body is familiar with.

Flu shots are good for those with weak systems and for novel viruses like this one.
I quit getting that 'annual flu shot' over 5 years ago and I've been fine ever since...because even with the 'flu shot' I still managed to come down with some 'heinous-kick-my-butt-make-me-want-to-die' flu bug that that years shot just didn't cover!!!

So I quit getting them and I sometimes get a sick stomach but it's nothing-NOTHING like what I've suffered before. That one flu shot is only good to protect the recipient against a possible 10-15 different flu bugs...and there are what??? approximately 2,500 different bugs each and every year! It's like spinning the wheel and keeping your fingers crossed that you'll be one of the 'Lucky Ones' and not get the bug that the shot doesn't cover!

But as with all things 'germ infested' the work environment has a lot to do with whether or not your going to contract the lasted/greatest flu bug. I've been employed as a Paraprofessional for over 5 years or more and that in itself means that I'm exposed to all the varieties and newest crop of 'flu bugs' going around...children with special needs just don't always adhere to personal hygiene techniques/cleanliness that the rest of us would prefer to practice!

Glad it works for you.

Werbung:
but the seasonal flu has killed more than H1N1 in a shorter season

hmmm ... CDC?
You mean the people who have said about 36,000 people die from flu-related causes of the seasonal flu ... CDC SOURCE

... while this well over extended season for H1N1
has claimed as of Friday, January 8, 2010 the H1N1 death toll hits 12,799 - SOURCE

exercise as you will :D - the government has NOT proven its trustworthiness to me - they are up to something

Back