No Free Speech Here

KeepOurFreedoms

Since it is now very clear that this is a no free speach zone, I will no longer post anything here.

Feel free to live in your little world with no fear of anything useful being brought to your attention.

Werbung:
KOF, you don't have to be a big drama queen and announce to the world that you will no longer be posting here. You can simply leave.

As to your claims that there is "no free spech here", I have a few things to say. I know I've posted all of this to you before but you like to respond with the "no free speech" mantra and simply saying "I'm right, you're wrong." Well I'm right, your wrong is not a very convincing argument. If you are willing (or able) to stand up like an adult and have a rational conversation about how you feel that we are infringing on your free speech, then I would be more than happy to engage you. And if you put forth a sound, well-thought-out argument, I may even change my ways. At any rate, here's what I have to say:

(1) This is a free, private message board. You did not pay to post here and even if you did, there is no expectation of free speech. You agreed to the TOS (terms of service) before posting here:

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of House of Politics - Political Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of House of Politics - Political Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of House of Politics - Political Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

(2) We have never prohibited free speech here. We allow all points of view. We allow all sorts of weird theories and such. I'm curious as to your thoughts on exactly who's opinions we are censoring. The Moderating staff itself is made up of Admin who is veritably left-wing (though ArmChair would argue that Admin and I are one in the same), myself (a conservative), and 9sublime who falls left of center on most issues.

(3) Moving a thread about 9/11 conspiracy theories or super-sneaky government spy cameras in dragonflies into the conspiracy forum does not constitute censorship. Censorship would be deleting the thread completely. We just move it to the appropriate forum.

(4) I think this is the one that gets you. We have started requiring that some original, personal commentary accompany any copy and paste opening posts of copyrighted material. The chief reason we did this was because we found that the board was getting spammed by the likes of yourself and TruthBringer every few days with 5-10 copy and pasted articles. There are tens of thousands of sites all over the internet where we could go if we were looking for the news or some political articles. We all come here to discuss -- to exchange ideas. Dumbly copying and pasting an article from Alex Jones website hardly constitutes any kind of serious, intelligent discussion.

Furthermore, we have given you more than enough opportunities to provide some commentary to your opening posts but you refuse. 9sublime and I both locked your threads with the offer that if you would send a private message with your original commentary to one of us, we would include it in the opening post and reopen the thread. You instead choose to come here and act like a big drama queen about how you have no free speech. This clearly tells us that you have no real desire to debate the issues you are posting on (because if you did, you would just include some commentary so the thread could remain open) and instead just like baiting the moderators so you can raise a fuss. Reminds me a lot of Roker.

Since it is now very clear that this is a no free speach zone, I will no longer post anything here.

Feel free to live in your little world with no fear of anything useful being brought to your attention.

Watch out for that door knob on your way out.

Heh. Every political discussion board has this complaint from time to time. Too bad people don't realize they are (most times) PRIVATELY owned and operated. Or maybe they do, and they still want to whine. *shrug*

Yeah, but this is what gets me. Just because ours is privatley operated, we don't actually restrict freedom of speech.

Just to clear this up, we asked him to

a) Post conspiracies in the conspiracy forum, and moved the threads when he didnt, which isn't censorship, because the thread is still on the forum in its entirety.

b) Post some original commentary with the many copy and pasted articles he was starting threads with (doesn't that sound like encouraging someone to excercise their free speech).

So I'm going to excercise my free speech, the bloke was frankly a moron.

Yeah, but this is what gets me. Just because ours is privatley operated, we don't actually restrict freedom of speech.

Just to clear this up, we asked him to

a) Post conspiracies in the conspiracy forum, and moved the threads when he didnt, which isn't censorship, because the thread is still on the forum in its entirety.

b) Post some original commentary with the many copy and pasted articles he was starting threads with (doesn't that sound like encouraging someone to excercise their free speech).

So I'm going to excercise my free speech, the bloke was frankly a moron.

I understand where it is you're coming from as I've been a moderator on a couple of poli sites. Problem is, while no moderator (a good one anyway) sets out to restrict free speech, they are often accused of it simply because they were enforcing the rules.

I just look at it as this: A forum is like a persons home. You are welcome to visit and to have many good and some heated discussions. Start disrespecting that persons private property, then you no longer have the right to be heard.

Regardless, you all seem to run a good board here. :) Hats off for a thankless job of modding.

I understand where it is you're coming from as I've been a moderator on a couple of poli sites. Problem is, while no moderator (a good one anyway) sets out to restrict free speech, they are often accused of it simply because they were enforcing the rules.

I just look at it as this: A forum is like a persons home. You are welcome to visit and to have many good and some heated discussions. Start disrespecting that persons private property, then you no longer have the right to be heard.

Regardless, you all seem to run a good board here. :) Hats off for a thankless job of modding.

I got banned for two weeks because I told 9Sublime that I was porking his mom.

Werbung:
Back