Not really humor. . .just a heartwarming picture!

Openmind

Although I was born and raised in Belgium, and lived in 4 European Countries and 4 American States, Santa Cruz, California is my heart's home!

I lived there for 15 years (the longest EVER for me, in any place!). I also attended College there (UCSC), and I think of those years as the best in my life. I walked often on that beach in the back ground of the picture. We also had many open fires and smores evenings with my kids and friends on that beach.

Santa Cruz is a very special place. When I moved there, people were telling me that it was not just beautiful, but REALLY special: many people think that there is an energy field in that are that attracts people who search for spirituality and creativity. I took this comment as a "tongue in cheek" statement, but. .then I experienced the beauty, and the spirit of Santa Cruz and its people. . .and I became a believer!

Maybe that "attraction" is not only for people, but also for whales?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Whale-of-a-Tale-in...

Werbung:
Although I was born and raised in Belgium, and lived in 4 European Countries and 4 American States, Santa Cruz, California is my heart's home!

I lived there for 15 years (the longest EVER for me, in any place!). I also attended College there (UCSC), and I think of those years as the best in my life. I walked often on that beach in the back ground of the picture. We also had many open fires and smores evenings with my kids and friends on that beach.

Santa Cruz is a very special place. When I moved there, people were telling me that it was not just beautiful, but REALLY special: many people think that there is an energy field in that are that attracts people who search for spirituality and creativity. I took this comment as a "tongue in cheek" statement, but. .then I experienced the beauty, and the spirit of Santa Cruz and its people. . .and I became a believer!

Maybe that "attraction" is not only for people, but also for whales?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Whale-of-a-Tale-in...
Unfortunately:

Basically, the link you clicked, or the URL you typed didn't work. There are a few possible explanations:

You have a "bad" link.
You may have typed the page address incorrectly, check your spelling and capitalizations.
The content you are trying to access no longer exists, was never available or we just placed it somewhere else!

Don't worry!

You can give our search a try :

However, Santa Cruz is, indeed, a special place. Go banana slugs!

However, Santa Cruz is, indeed, a special place. Go banana slugs!

I'm surprise (and please) that you know about the banana slugs!

Let see if I can find a better link. . .it was even on CNN and other channels though, so you might have seen it.

Photo Captures Whale Of A Tale In Santa Cruz - Central Coast ... www.ksbw.com › Central Coast News

It's the 3rd story in the line up.

I also have a video a friend in Santa Cruz sent me that shows "life action" with the whales! Sure wish I was there!

This is not really humor, either, but it's worth sharing:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I LOVE it!

Basically, we need to teach our daughters self-esteem and critical thinking skills.. .that will serve them not only to find the "proper match," but to succeed in all areas of life.

And the best way to teach this to our daughters is. . . by modelling that behavior for them, from the time they are born.

Same goes for our sons!

Werbung:
I LOVE it!

Basically, we need to teach our daughters self-esteem and critical thinking skills.. .that will serve them not only to find the "proper match," but to succeed in all areas of life.

And the best way to teach this to our daughters is. . . by modelling that behavior for them, from the time they are born.

Same goes for our sons!

Yes.

Modelling is the only way.

Here's an interesting story: A teacher of young children is giving a lesson. She has two bags of candy. She takes a piece out of the first bag, puts it in her mouth, and says, "This is my favorite candy. I like this one better than the other." A few minutes later, she spits it out.

Then, she takes a piece out of the other bag. She says, "I don't like this candy very well. The candy in the other bag is much better."

But she eats it all.

Afterwards, she invites the kids to take a piece out of one of the bags. Which one do you think they chose?

Back