Obama calls Palin a Pig (Not Nice)

Werbung:
The small crowd roared with delight while Barack Obama
stutters and calls Palin a pig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPd4yk0x-ega name.

Not so nice Obama. You just slammed women in general!
See for yourself!

I am not a fan of either camp, but I think you are taking Obama's words completely out of context.

It was pretty obvious that he was referring to the use of the term 'change', in that one can indicate or display change of policy by the use of superficial means, but that the 'policy' of McCain actually remains exactly the same.

Try looking again without being partisan.

See for yourself!

Everyone has their own views but when you say he slam women in general remember she ( Mrs.Palin) made comparisons herself......Hockey Moms and Pitbulls.It goes both ways if you think about.

Question:
For me, I am a woman (oh yeah), and in no ways do I feel slammed on. So are you going to say McCain slammed women when he used the same quote?

Funny McCain Said the same thing a few times, no one cried..but then it was just Referring to Clinton so you know its ok?

Bunch of worthless hacks trying to make sexism where there is none....

Its only because Palin had used the Lipstick joke that its a big deal... When McCain made the same statements, none of his opponents had recently used a reference to lipstick. Besides that, even if Obama didn't mean it that way, thats how his supporters understood it... you can see by their reaction that they thought he was attacking Palin by mentioning lipstick and McCain by talking about an "Old" fish.

Having said that... I do think the Right should drop this as an issue and hit Obama where it hurts - on policy.

I am not a fan of either camp, but I think you are taking Obama's words completely out of context.

It was pretty obvious that he was referring to the use of the term 'change', in that one can indicate or display change of policy by the use of superficial means, but that the 'policy' of McCain actually remains exactly the same.

Try looking again without being partisan.

Regardless of what he meant, it demonstrates a huge lack in judgment that he would say something that could be so easily misinterpreted.

I think it was highly insensitive.

All over the USA there are pigs that are horrified by the suggestion

Do you ever say anything relevant? I wouldn't mind the slams nearly as much if you would back up just one post with evidence but all you ever do is make inflammatory remarks that have no foundation in fact. It's really quite annoying.

See for yourself!

That just never happened. You should go and listen or read the whole discussion. Senator Obama was talking about John McCain's policy both before & after the Lipstick/Pig comment. Never at any time in the entire conversation was Sarah Palin even ever brought up. Anyone who researches the whole discussion can easily see for themselves.

You're being tricked by a desperate campaign... and that should irritate you no end.

Lipstick on a pig is an ancient analogy that's been around for decades. In fact it's a comment John McCain did himself specifically use against a woman, Hillary Clinton.

Let's all show some real justifiable outrage as we watch John McCain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPYkNQlJMM

And then watch a person who Truly strives to keep his campaign respectable and change the same old politics as usual. Oh... he also talks ISSUES which means at least one side will!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgm1I8bVVE

Its only because Palin had used the Lipstick joke that its a big deal... When McCain made the same statements, none of his opponents had recently used a reference to lipstick. Besides that, even if Obama didn't mean it that way, thats how his supporters understood it... you can see by their reaction that they thought he was attacking Palin by mentioning lipstick and McCain by talking about an "Old" fish.

Having said that... I do think the Right should drop this as an issue and hit Obama where it hurts - on policy.

Agreed, Sen. It was a timing blunder - both in the time frame "proximity" to her soccer mom/pit bull joke and his own poor timing with the aftermath. I said in another thread that I believe that he did not intend any sort of direct insult to Palin when it popped out of his mouth. I still think that, and agree that the Republicans should let it go.

..... Except for a few pesky details.

First, like you said, the crowd he was addressing sure seemed to think that's where he was going with this. AND the "old fish" part.

Second, in light of their reaction, I find it a bit distressing that he didn't dissuade them immediately and clarify his intent in usage.

Third, he should have had no problem with immediately addressing the mistaken application of his words. Instead of coming at it in campaign rhetoric, a simple statement of explanation could have defused the whole thing. Like, "Gee, I'd no intention for any colloquialism to be construed in that way, by either my or my opponents supporters. I can see why the timing following Gov. Palin's speech could cause that perception, and I want assure you that was not my intent."

Regardless of what he meant, it demonstrates a huge lack in judgment that he would say something that could be so easily misinterpreted.

Sen. Obama has a growing reputation for poor use of terms and details. Or lack there of. If we look long and hard enough into any politicians' words during campaign battles, we can find things either wrong, fabricated, insulting and/or downright dangerous. The measure of the person is how they handle it when these things come up. That is where the poor judgment comes to light.

Everyone has their own views but when you say he slam women in general remember she ( Mrs.Palin) made comparisons herself......Hockey Moms and Pitbulls.It goes both ways if you think about.

I do agree that it's being carried way too far, and I'm about I'm a pretty darn staunch Conservative. It is political tactics, both sides do it, and while I may not especially agree it should be an issue at all, this is a barn door that Sen. Obama opened wide up, and left open long enough for it to get as out of proportion as it has. Gov. Palin was using a JOKE to make the point that "Hockey Moms" can be pretty darn tough people.

Question:
For me, I am a woman (oh yeah), and in no ways do I feel slammed on. So are you going to say McCain slammed women when he used the same quote?

Okay, I'm a woman too. So no, I do not feel slammed about this. Yes, McCain has used the same phrase. The difference was that the Obama camp and their attending MSM's are in a full-fledged feeding frenzy, looking high and low for anything to slam, insult, demean or disqualify Gov. Palin. She had used the joke in her speech at the RNC and at her initial introduction speech. It was lousy timing for him to use that phrase at that point.

McCain did not share the same circumstances. There were absolutely no circumstances or suggestions regarding Hilary, feminism or women in general. If Sen. Clinton had just got done using the same phrase or something similar to what Gov. Palin said, the comparison would be justified. Since it was not the same, it is not.

Werbung:
Back