Obama discusses 10th Mtn Div's Medal of Honor winner with them - and gets it wrong

Little-Acorn

Barack Obama talked to the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Drum today, and mentioned one of their number who had earned the Congressional Medal of Honor:

“First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.”

Just one problem.

The first living recipient of the Medal of Honor in modern times, was SSgt. Salvatore Giunta of the 173rd Airborne. He also earned it for his actions in Afghanistan, on Oct. 25, 2007. Obama presented him with the Medal on Nov. 16, 2010.

SSgt. Jared Monti was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 21, 2006, fighting with the 10th Mountain Division, and received the Medal posthumously on Sept 17, 2009. Obama used the event in a speech six months later to troops in Afghanistan.

Oh well, I guess these guys aren't worth the effort to keep their names straight and remember which was which. They're just grunts.

In case you were wondering how much respect Obama and those around him really have for our troops, now you know.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110623/pl_dailycaller/obamaflubsonmedalofhonorrecipient

Werbung:
Re: Obama discusses 10th Mtn Div's Medal of Honor winner with them - and gets it wron

Well, when Barack Obama served in the military..............oh, wait a minute.........never mind.

Back