Obama Doctrine praised (ugh!) by conservatives

Popeye

Obama is A Democrat isn't he? At least I thought so when I voted for him. Man, when it comes to foreign policy, he sounds like George Bush.. So much so that his Nobel acceptance speech is receiving praise from the right...

Conservatives reacted with shock and disdain to President Obama's Nobel prize, and some attacked his speech on Afghanistan before he even delivered it. But now many on the right are lauding Obama's lecture in Oslo defending the use of American power.

In an interview with USA Today, former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin suggested the speech could have come from her mouth.

Palin praised President Obama for the speech he gave Thursday to accept the Nobel Peace Prize.
She said the president's defense of war to combat evil could have been taken from the pages of her memoirs.

"Wow, that really sounded familiar," said Palin, a frequent Obama critic. "I talked, too, in my book about the fallen nature of man and why war is necessary at times."

Former House majority leader Newt Gingrich told WNYC the speech was "actually very good."

"He clearly understood that he had been given the prize prematurely, but he used it as an occasion to remind people, first of all, as he said: that there is evil in the world
... I thought in some ways it's a very historic speech."

A spokesperson for House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) added, "As President Reagan said, Republicans believe in peace through strength, and we were pleased that today President Obama addressed and defended our mission in Afghanistan, where success is the only option."

Erick Erickson, the conservative founder of RedState.com, wrote, "I was surprised by Obama's speech. Parts sounded like full throated support for the Bush doctrine."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/11/obama-doctrine-praised-by_n_388488.html

When warmongers like Palin, Gingrich and Boehner are patting you on the back, there's a problem. Keep beating the war drums Mr Obama, do your Bush imitation, and see how many of us on the left vote for you in 2012..

Werbung:
I notice you can't point out anything incorect about what he said...He did not choose to go to war in Iraq...and he never supported it...but afganistan we where attacked...and yes sometimes you have to fight back...I am not sure where you lived in the Election, but he talked about the need to gith Al Quida there and send more troops....Wait i am sorry, evry Dem in the Election basicly said that....( maybe not Kucinich...but then again I am not sure he would use troops for anything)

I notice you can't point out anything incorect about what he said...He did not choose to go to war in Iraq...and he never supported it...but afganistan we where attacked...and yes sometimes you have to fight back...I am not sure where you lived in the Election, but he talked about the need to gith Al Quida there and send more troops....Wait i am sorry, evry Dem in the Election basicly said that....( maybe not Kucinich...but then again I am not sure he would use troops for anything)

Great pocket...you, Palin and Gingrich are all on the same side. America has the so called "morale authority" to wage war anywhere at anytime. How many innocent civilians will die on Obama's watch?

And Al Queda is supposedly in northern Pakistan, not Afghanistan...this war is much more about an oil pipeline, than it is about those bogeyman terrorists.

Lets forget about Afghanistan for a minute. Obama also promised to end the Iraq war within 16 months of taking office. Times running out, don't you think?

Meanwhile, the Bush, er, Obama Administration continues to defend alleged Bush Administration war criminals...example: Obama Administration defends torture memo author

Great pocket...you, Palin and Gingrich are all on the same side. America has the so called "morale authority" to wage war anywhere at anytime. How many innocent civilians will die on Obama's watch?

And Al Queda is supposedly in northern Pakistan, not Afghanistan...this war is much more about an oil pipeline, than it is about those bogeyman terrorists.

Lets forget about Afghanistan for a minute. Obama also promised to end the Iraq war within 16 months of taking office. Times running out, don't you think?

Meanwhile, the Bush, er, Obama Administration continues to defend alleged Bush Administration war criminals...example: Obama Administration defends torture memo author

Bush and Iraq made a deal to be out, our troops are coming back...what it may be a bit longer then you wanted, but they are om the way back...Also pretty sure he never said it was a promise of 16 months, but a goal.

Hey Pocket! Your spelling SUCKS!! What sty were you taught in?

Here's the thing.

America does have the moral authority to go after anyone who attacks us. Don't you think every country does?

Didn't President Obama all through the whole entire campaign say that Bush took his eye off the ball lying us into Iraq and not concentrating on the bases of those who attacked us on 9-11? Sure he did. I heard him say it at least 20 times myself. Now he's the President and doing what he said Bush didn't do.

Before his reelection he'll have the troops in Iraq down to minimal numbers and the Afghanistan surge will be over with the majority of those troops starting to redeploy home.

The pipeline is only one strategic concern. There are also nukes on the shelf in Pakistan. The main thing they're trying to do is really thin out the bad guys so the actual government of Afghanistan can control the rest on their own.

It will be alright. To me it's hilarious to see the Right in a box on this where they can't play him as weak.

I don't see this short surge as anything he hadn't said during the campaign.

Obama is A Democrat isn't he? At least I thought so when I voted for him. Man, when it comes to foreign policy, he sounds like George Bush.. So much so that his Nobel acceptance speech is receiving praise from the right...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/11/obama-doctrine-praised-by_n_388488.html

When warmongers like Palin, Gingrich and Boehner are patting you on the back, there's a problem. Keep beating the war drums Mr Obama, do your Bush imitation, and see how many of us on the left vote for you in 2012..

I only saw the first 5 or so minutes of the speech before work. I thought it was odd because I liked much of what he said.

He said really nice things about our country and did a pretty good job explainig that fighting evil for the sake of peace is a good thing.

It was reported that this was a speech he wrote almost all by him self. Most of his other speeches were written by Axelrod.

I agree with you, he sounded more like President Bush than the obama who ran for president.

I think some of that speech could have been given by President Bush.

Werbung:
Here's the thing.

America does have the moral authority to go after anyone who attacks us. Don't you think every country does?

Didn't President Obama all through the whole entire campaign say that Bush took his eye off the ball lying us into Iraq and not concentrating on the bases of those who attacked us on 9-11? Sure he did. I heard him say it at least 20 times myself. Now he's the President and doing what he said Bush didn't do.

Before his reelection he'll have the troops in Iraq down to minimal numbers and the Afghanistan surge will be over with the majority of those troops starting to redeploy home.

The pipeline is only one strategic concern. There are also nukes on the shelf in Pakistan. The main thing they're trying to do is really thin out the bad guys so the actual government of Afghanistan can control the rest on their own.

It will be alright. To me it's hilarious to see the Right in a box on this where they can't play him as weak.

I don't see this short surge as anything he hadn't said during the campaign.

Back