Obama Gun Control Policy

dahermit

The likely reason that president Obama does not push gun control is due to timing. If would do so in his first term, he would garner the anger of gun rights supporters who, are historically single-issue voters and thus, be votes against his re-election. However, if re-elected, he will no longer have to be concerned about the effect of attempting to pass more gun control legislation.
I would expect gun control to be one of his prominent issues in a second and last term.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/obama-gun-control-giffords-arizona-shooting_n_880206.html

Werbung:
The likely reason that president Obama does not push gun control is due to timing. If would do so in his first term, he would garner the anger of gun rights supporters who, are historically single-issue voters and thus, be votes against his re-election. However, if re-elected, he will no longer have to be concerned about the effect of attempting to pass more gun control legislation.
I would expect gun control to be one of his prominent issues in a second and last term.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/obama-gun-control-giffords-arizona-shooting_n_880206.html

At that point, we'll have to rely on Congressmen afraid of losing their jobs, to ward off the usual leftist gun control efforts.

All those who like to rely on Congressmen for anything, raise your hands..... :rolleyes:

Obozo want us to carry these guns
4671767.jpg

even when no one is pushing anything, the gun nuts hide in under the bed, scared Obama's gun police are going to come get them...
Uhhhh, no one? Except the various anti-gun organizations:

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
God Not Guns, An organization to get Churches to join in the anti-gun crusade
Citizens for a Safer Minnesota
Anti-Gun_Rights ... grass-roots organization dedicated to ending gun violence
Handgun-Free American
Firearms Law Center
Join Together (Boston University)
Justice for Gun Victims
Million Mom March
Potowmack Institute
Violence Policy Center
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
Americans for Gun Safety

"...even when no one is pushing anything [gun control]..." These organizations are pushing gun control. Many anti-gun people are not happy that president Obama has not pushed for the return of the Brady Law and/or additional gun control. These organizations and their membership can hardly be called: "no one". Their's is an on-going fight (they push, push, push), just as preserving the 2nd Amendment is an on-going fight.

Handgun-Free American
Firearms Law Center
Justice for Gun Victims
Million Mom March
Potowmack Institute
Violence Policy Center
Americans for Gun Safety

"...even when no one is pushing anything [gun control]..." These organizations are pushing gun control. Many anti-gun people are not happy that president Obama has not pushed for the return of the Brady Law and/or additional gun control. These organizations and their membership can hardly be called: "no one". Their's is an on-going fight (they push, push, push), just as preserving the 2nd Amendment is an on-going fight.

I wish BO would push hard for some new anti-gun legislation. That would be the kiss of death for his already weak re-election chances.

I say it is time for confiscation of all handguns...according to the laws of Lord Obama!!!

Oh, it's Republicans who are waiting for the cover of darkness to pass gun control legislation?

That's lame even for little POS.

no its republicans hiding in the darkness fearing Obama is going to take there guns away...even when no one is talking about it...Big bad Boogie man under your bed, out to steal your precious guns...

Handgun-Free American
Firearms Law Center
Justice for Gun Victims
Million Mom March
Potowmack Institute
Violence Policy Center
Americans for Gun Safety

congrats you can name groups who want it...whopp de freaking do...guess what the white house is not doing anything about it, has not suggested it will. so you can keep waiting in fear of Obamas secret army thats going to come take your guns away... ( yes actually know someone in real life who 100% believes that)

It would be hard to push gun control legislation with an opposition Congress and the economy looking the way it does.

Even if he gets reelected, the economy is going to stay the big issue...not gun control.

That isn't all he would do in a second term. With nothing to lose, he would roll out the fullest range of leftwing statist policies, to turn america into an utterly unrecognizable country to people who support liberty, a free market, democracy, and the rule of law.

Fortunately. that nightmare won't happen as obozo is certainly a one-termer.

It would be hard to push gun control legislation with an opposition Congress and the economy looking the way it does.

Even if he gets reelected, the economy is going to stay the big issue...not gun control.

2 years of Dems in house and Senate and white house...no one lost there guns...Dem house member gets shot in the head...still no changes...

Guess you have to shoot at Republicans to get them, ( Brady bill)

no its republicans hiding in the darkness fearing Obama is going to take there guns away...even when no one is talking about it...Big bad Boogie man under your bed, out to steal your precious guns...

The "big bad boogie man" is the criminal with the gun who is ransacking your house, while YOU hide under your bed, wishing you had more than a dull pocket knife to defend yourself.

“Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You?

I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don’t want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post.”

("A Few Good Men", Colonel Nathan Jessup)

Werbung:
the gun nuts hide in under the bed, scared Obama's gun police are going to come get them...

Then they should probably get a conservative to show them how to USE the damn thing properly so they won't have to be chicken!:D

Back