Obama paid 18% to the I.R.S Biden paid 22% to the I.R.S Wheres the media?

steveox

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama paid $112,214 in federal income taxes on adjusted gross income of $608,611 in 2012—for an effective rate of 18.4 percent. They also contributed $150,034 to 33 charities, or 24.6 percent. And they paid $29,450 in Illinois income tax.
The White House released the first couple's tax returns Friday, before the April 15 deadline to file to the IRS.

What about the Bidens? One interesting nugget from their tax return is that Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, gave $2,000 in clothes, furniture and exercise equipment to charity. So someone out there could be walking in the vice president's shoes. Literally.
The Obamas made less money than they did last year ($789,674) but also paid a lower effective federal income tax rate (it was 20.5 percent in 2011.)

Their largest charitable donation, $103,871, went to the Fisher House Foundation, which provides free or low-cost places to stay to veterans and military families getting care at military medical centers.
"The president believes we must reform our tax system which is why he has proposed policies like the Buffett Rule that would ask the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share while protecting families making under $250,000 from seeing their taxes go up," White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a blog post. "Under the President’s own tax proposals, including limitations on the value of tax preferences for high-income households, he would pay more in taxes while ensuring we cut taxes for the middle class and those trying to get in it."

The Buffett Rule is named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, who says that he pays a lower effective federal income tax rate than his secretary does.

So what happens if you plug the Obamas' income into the Buffett Rule calculator the president's re-election campaign used to pound Mitt Romney last year? (Yup, it's still live.) It's disappointing. Put in the income, the fact that the Obamas' are married with kids, hit "calculate," and you get: "Tax rates at the salary you entered vary significantly based on the level and nature of investment income, as well as other factors."

The Bidens reported adjusted gross income of $385,072 and paid $87,851 in federal income tax for an effective rate of 22.8 percent. They gave $7,190 to charity. And they paid $13,531 in Delaware income tax and $3,593 in Virginia income tax

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obamas-pay-112-214-federal-taxes-2012-182807491--politics.html

All this gripe the Media spew on Mitt Romney. But when the President and Vice president don't pay above 40% as Obama preaches in his campaign. And where was CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN and MSNBC reporting this? Where was the New York Times. Chicago Tribune, Washington Post and USA Today reporting this?

Werbung:
Why aren't they paying their fair share? They should be paying at least 40% in taxes.

You see my point? Only the wealthy can get out paying less or no federal income taxes. The Middle class cant get away what Obama, Biden or Mitt Romney did. They have two choices. Pay the I.R.S or face an audit.

They both donated big money to non-profit organizations (ie, charity). That is a big tax loophole that reduces your taxes. The Dems budget wants to close many of those loopholes... Republicans like to use them.

Believe me, donating to charity is only one of many loopholes that lowers rich people's tax burden. Offshore accounts is another one, but I can think of tons more loopholes that should be closed for our tax system to be fair.

They both donated big money to non-profit organizations (ie, charity). That is a big tax loophole that reduces your taxes. The Dems budget wants to close many of those loopholes... Republicans like to use them.

Believe me, donating to charity is only one of many loopholes that lowers rich people's tax burden. Offshore accounts is another one, but I can think of tons more loopholes that should be closed for our tax system to be fair.

so long as there are people that dont pay income taxes (47%), it will never be fair.

I still say o want a 15% luxury tax added on luxury items like Yachts, Private jets, Mansions, Jewelry like gold and,Diamond watches, gold and ,Diamond earrings, gold and Diamond bracelets, gold and Diamond necklaces. Fur coats and Suits that cost over $350. An 20% luxury tax on top the states hotel tax on all hotel rooms that's over $500 a night.

I still say o want a 15% luxury tax added on luxury items like Yachts, Private jets, Mansions, Jewelry like gold and,Diamond watches, gold and ,Diamond earrings, gold and Diamond bracelets, gold and Diamond necklaces. Fur coats and Suits that cost over $350. An 20% luxury tax on top the states hotel tax on all hotel rooms that's over $500 a night.

why ?

So which is better? a) Reducing taxable income by donating to charity or b} paying the taxes on the full amount?

If you pick b, how much money do you think charities will lose?

That's called THE RICH PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE! Im tired of B.S sticking it to the middle class. All these B.S sales taxes are going towards cops protecting the wealthy people intrests. I have seen cops patrolling Banks, Jewelry stores ,Shopping centers and 7-11 marts at night. Rarely they patrol our neighborhoods at night. Cops write parking violations , Seat belt violations and Traffic violations to rob the little guys but go out protect rich bankers and V.I.Ps If the rich want those kind of royal knight protections THEY PAY FOR IT BY LUXERY TAX ITEMS!

That's called THE RICH PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE! Im tired of B.S sticking it to the middle class. All these B.S sales taxes are going towards cops protecting the wealthy people intrests. I have seen cops patrolling Banks, Jewelry stores ,Shopping centers and 7-11 marts at night. Rarely they patrol our neighborhoods at night. Cops write parking violations , Seat belt violations and Traffic violations to rob the little guys but go out protect rich bankers and V.I.Ps If the rich want those kind of royal knight protections THEY PAY FOR IT BY LUXERY TAX ITEMS!

Boy do you have it bad for cops. How many tickets have you gotten anyway?

they already pay a far higher portion of the tab than anyone else.

Werbung:
Boy do you have it bad for cops. How many tickets have you gotten anyway?
3 fucking tickets If I was in John Gotti Family this man would been dead by now
Marco-Rubio.jpg

Remember the last time the Mafia dealt with a president?

Back