Obama Pardons 17 Felons

steveox

Obama Pardons 17 Felons, First in His Second Term

WASHINGTON — President Obama issued pardons on Friday to 17 convicted felons, making the first use of his clemency powers in his second term. Their offenses were largely small-scale crimes many years ago, and 12 of the people had not been sentenced to serve time in prison.

As he has in past years, the president granted these individuals clemency because they have demonstrated genuine remorse and a strong commitment to being law-abiding, productive citizens and active members of their communities,” said Matt Lehrich, a White House spokesman.

Under the Constitution, the president has clemency powers to forgive convictions as a check and balance on the criminal justice system. For a felon who is already out of prison, a pardon can mean erasing the stigma and negative consequences associated with a criminal history, like restrictions on gun ownership, certain licenses and doing business with the government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/u...-17-felons-first-in-his-second-term.html?_r=0

This is what Democrats do. They pardon criminals and tax evaders. Just like Bill Clinton pardon MARC RICH the Billionare who owe the IRS over a million dollars and you say Democrats really want to tax the rich? Wasnt Bill Clinton who said in his campaign speech he wants to tax everybody whos making over $250,000 a more? He lets a Billionare off the hook who owe back taxes and he vetoes the Welfare bill that the GOP passed in 1995. And get this his widow Denise Rich gave up her American citizenship so she can escape from the IRS.

http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2012/07/10/why-denise-rich-gave-up-u-s-citizenship/

Werbung:
DHS freed over 2,000 immigrants since February

WASHINGTON -- The Homeland Security Department released from its jails more than 2,000 illegal immigrants facing deportation in recent weeks due to looming budget cuts and planned to release 3,000 more during March, The Associated Press has learned.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/01/v-fullstory/3261547/documents-us-released-more-than.html

Interesting that the title of this articles reads "immigrants". These were not "immigrants"! They were illegals who were imprisoned not for immigration violations but for other crimes. Now they are being released back on to the streets to endanger the lives of American citizens.

And the Mainstream Media isnt reporting this. Again the left winged liberal media covers up bad news for dems. But what if an repubican president did this? It would be all over the papers and all over major news networks. Just like back in 1976 left winged liberal major news networks all covered Gerald Ford who pardon Richard Nixon.

What about NBC NEWS,CBS NEWS,ABC NEWS,CNN and MSNBC all hushed up on it? Even Rachel Meadows isnt saying a word about this. If this was a Republican in oval office Rachel Meadows would be talking about it all night on her broadcast. and she will go on for days talking ablout it.

What about NBC NEWS,CBS NEWS,ABC NEWS,CNN and MSNBC all hushed up on it? Even Rachel Meadows isnt saying a word about this. If this was a Republican in oval office Rachel Meadows would be talking about it all night on her broadcast. and she will go on for days talking ablout it.

I dont watch that crap so I would not know. Its Rachel Madcow by the way.

I don't think any rational thinking person is watching NBC NEWS,CBS NEWS,ABC NEWS,CNN and MSNBC News. I really don't care what they are or are not reporting. Again, any rational thinking person at this point is getting their information from much more reputable sites. We all know the MSM is just a propagandist mouthpiece for the White House!

I don't think any rational thinking person is watching NBC NEWS,CBS NEWS,ABC NEWS,CNN and MSNBC News. I really don't care what they are or are not reporting. Again, any rational thinking person at this point is getting their information from much more reputable sites. We all know the MSM is just a propagandist mouthpiece for the White House!

Like Fox News right?

Like Fox News right?
Well ....yes!
I don't watch Fox News, or any other News Channel, but I do know if it weren't for Fox News we would all still be thinking George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in a racial profiling stalking attack, Benghazi was caused over a video that nobody saw, and the sequester was put forth by the GOP. I realize that Fox News has it's slants as well and I am not hear to debate that point.

But, when you have these irrational minded liberals come on here with comments such as Fox News viewers IQ are on average 20 points less, you have to put into context just how these "mis-informed" voters come about their false information that they spout out as the gospel. Obviously, it comes from the MSM as well as other wacko leftist sites like "democrat underground" which as I previously stated are nothing more than a propagandist mouthpiece for the White House.

Surely you are not equating the pardon of a few minor felons to the pardoning of Nixon. Clearly Nixon's pardon (a former President) is going to get far more news.

That aside, the President has the power to do this, and I don't see any big issue with anyone pardoned. Why should this be newsworthy?

Reagan never had an controversal pardon. But both Reagan and Bush wouldnt pardon Ollie North. Guess who Jimmy Carter pardon? PATTY HEARST a Bankrobber! Thats what Democrats do they pardon criminals and tax evaders. Remember Michael Dukakis? He Furlough Willie Horton a rapist.

Surely you are not equating the pardon of a few minor felons to the pardoning of Nixon. Clearly Nixon's pardon (a former President) is going to get far more news.

That aside, the President has the power to do this, and I don't see any big issue with anyone pardoned. Why should this be newsworthy?

Because Obama did it and he is Evil

Werbung:
Back