Obama signs tax bill into law

steveox

Obama salutes spirit of compromise, signs tax bill

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama saluted a new spirit of political compromise Friday as he signed into law a huge tax bill extending cuts for all Americans — including benefits for the rich that he and congressional liberals had denounced — along with billions of dollars in help for the middle class and jobless workers.

"It's a good deal for the American people; this is progress and that's what they sent us here to achieve," Obama said as a rare bipartisan assembly of lawmakers looked on.

The package retains Bush-era tax rates for all taxpayers, from the working poor to the wealthiest. It also offers 13 months of extended benefits to the unemployed and attempts to stimulate the economy with a Social Security payroll tax cut for all workers.

At a cost of $858 billion over two years, the deal contains provisions dear to both Democrats and Republicans. It represents the most money that Obama was likely to have been able to dedicate over the next year to a slowly recovering economy, at the same time increasing the federal deficit at a time when the country is growing increasingly anxious about the red ink.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tax_cuts

Not that wasnt so hard to wasnt Mr Obama? At least you kept your promise on this.

Remember when George Bush said this?

Later he raised your taxes. Wanna know why? Democrats made compromise with Bush. Bush wanted to attack Saddam in operation desert storm and freed kuwait. But the Democrats were against war of anykind so Democratys told Mr Bush you want us to go along with attacking saddam? Then Sign the tax increase bill. And that cost him the re-election. Now Obama wants tax cuts on Middle Class and the poor Republicans said tax cuts for all or nothing. If Obama vetoed it then your taxes would been raised by 20% So in order to keep his promises he had to go against his party. The Reason why some democrats went along is because of fear. Its the Tea party people are pressuring democrats.If the Senators and Congressonal liberals want to keep their jobs in 2012 they better do what the tea party says or you can find yourself another job. Obama doesnt want Sarah Palin in the oval office in 2012. Its like Bank Robbers holding employees hostage and if you dont give in to their demands they will kill the hostages. And you know the police want everyone go home safely and unharmed. Thats how Obama and the Senators and congressmen played it. The fact is the Tea Party is holding them hostage. Its like a gun in their heads. Its like this.Suppose i kidnap your dog and send you a letter with my demands along with this photo.
Stop-Shoot_the_Dog.jpg

Youre gonna do exactly as i say right? The samething the Tea Party is doing to liberals right now.

Werbung:
Correct it's not compromise or any of that BS - it's fear.

Also, I love the jargon - it's a "benefit" to the rich to not be looted. :D

Oh, it was a compromise all right. One side gave on tax cuts, the other on spending increases.

What happens to the deficit when we cut taxes and increase spending? Does anyone care? I'm beginning to think the answer is no. The deficit doesn't matter, at least not until someone else is in office.

The government is broke, and it is broken.

Oh, it was a compromise all right. One side gave on tax cuts, the other on spending increases.

What happens to the deficit when we cut taxes and increase spending? Does anyone care? I'm beginning to think the answer is no. The deficit doesn't matter, at least not until someone else is in office.

The dems last gasp on spending and its gone all but unreported. The GOP should have let Obama unleash the tax increases and retroactively fix them in Jan.

And I guess you "cared" for the last two years while obozo was shoveling trillions of dollars to his constituencies with the porkulus? :D Maybe you can provide a link to a protest post you made in 2009? :rolleyes:

And I guess you "cared" for the last two years while obozo was shoveling trillions of dollars to his constituencies with the porkulus? :D Maybe you can provide a link to a protest post you made in 2009? :rolleyes:

2/17/09

2/7/09

I've been ranting about the out of control growth of government spending for a long time, probably since you were in diapers. Obama's spending hasn't escaped my attention.

Please pay attention to my posts and get that bogus right wing/left wing model out of your head. You might just learn something.

2/17/09

2/7/09

I've been ranting about the out of control growth of government spending for a long time, probably since you were in diapers. Obama's spending hasn't escaped my attention.

Please pay attention to my posts and get that bogus right wing/left wing model out of your head. You might just learn something.

I also worry about spending...and have commented on if for some time..hack I voter in my first Election for Perot over he Deficit...But the Right seems fine with Financing 2 wars, and big tax cuts for the rich on the USA Credit card...But saving our auto industry, and or bank system from trashing the whole Econ and dragging us down...is wrong..And while our health care system is one of the biggest drains on the Econ and Deficit ( and leading cause of personal Bankruptcy) They have never come up with anything to really fix it ( they will float some small idea...and it will have almost no support from there own party...and then they say well we tried)
that said as much as I am a major supporter of major health care reform..even I had my reservations about the cost and way the bill that passed was done...I have no issue spending the money to reform the system...as I think long term we would see the debt reduced...even if it causes a first increase....

But overall the problem is this

Dems don't lie and will spend...they also try bring in more income to pay for it....due to elections and republican screaming they often back down though...but want to cover the spending....just politically they cant seem to do it and win the election ( voters love spending, just not paying)

Republicans Love to spend...while they say cut spending ...what they really mean is move spending to other areas that they like more...Cut SS< Welfare, Unemployment, ext...spend more in military toys and pointless projects that will really not do anything...They rally against earmarks...and load bills with them ( and then some when they know it will pass...vote against there own earmarks just to say they did...as they knew it was going to pass) Then they push to open huge tax loopholes, reduce taxes on the rich as much as they can ( with bits of lowering for the rest to buy there votes)

They never really seem to want to pay for anything, and never seem to really want to lower spending ( talk is enough)

It must be easy to be a republican though...Vote for spending to keep voters happy, vote for tax cuts to make them happy...leave office...next batch or Republicans yells Rino...Rinse and Repeat...

Werbung:
Back