Obama taking off a few days - grandmother very ill

Frolicking Dinosaurs

He has canceled all events on Thursday and Friday.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama is canceling nearly all his campaign events Thursday and Friday to fly to Hawaii to visit his suddenly ill 85-year-old grandmother, his spokesman said. Robert Gibbs told reporters Monday that Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, who helped raise him, was released from the hospital late last week. But he said her health had deteriorated "to the point where her situation is very serious."
Obama was expected to resume campaigning on Saturday, though Gibbs was unsure where.
Link

Werbung:
Michelle will pick up where he left off and will campaing for him on those 2 days....:D

I can't wait to hear her words of hate to come out of her mouth....:D

He's a good & caring man. He'll be a great President!

We should all wish his Grandmother well.

I feel like this is not really newsworthy. That said, it is fine and good he wants to be with his grandma. Being "good & caring" however has no bearing on your performance as President.

Sorry to have bothered you guys with this non-news that was deemed appropriate for the front page of all major US web news sources. :rolleyes:

Is this a quasi-closed site that just doesn't want new members? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to find the door.

Sorry to have bothered you guys with this non-news that was deemed appropriate for the front page of all major US web news sources. :rolleyes:

Is this a quasi-closed site that just doesn't want new members? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to find the door.
This makes the front page but you cant find Bidens explosive comments from Sunday on the front page of any newspapers.

This makes the front page but you cant find Bidens explosive comments from Sunday on the front page of any newspapers.

I think the two stories are related. Obama is on an emergency leave to go see Grandma as she is coming home from the hospital? Home?

I didnt know she was even in the hospital and why was he not with her when she went to the hospital or was in the hospital. We dont usually stop what we are doing to go see them once they are well enough to come home.

Remember when McCain suspended his campaign to go to the senate to help solve the credit crisis? The lib media line was he thereby exercized bad judgement. :rolleyes: Yaaaaaaa........dealing with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression was less important than trading potshots with obama for a few extra days.

Now obama splits to deal with his gravely ill "racist" grandmother a couple weeks before the election - any lib media criticism? Of course not.

Surely you've read enough around hear to know that there are a wide variety of view points. You are simply getting the flow back on what so many of us view as a typical MSM double standard.

My best wishes for his grandmother, and I've no doubt that he loves her, in spite of some of the things he's said about her for his political purposes.

You shouldn't be so thin-skinned because many of us fail to share your perspective on this particular article. There are many subjects/articles posted here that generate heated discussion. We're always glad for new people and new views, but you've got to take the heat to stay in this kitchen...

Werbung:
Remember when McCain suspended his campaign to go to the senate to help solve the credit crisis? The lib media line was he thereby exercized bad judgement. :rolleyes: Yaaaaaaa........dealing with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression was less important than trading potshots with obama for a few extra days.

Now obama splits to deal with his gravely ill "racist" grandmother a couple weeks before the election - any lib media criticism? Of course not.

McCain didn't as much get flack for suspending his campaign as much as he did for grandstanding about it and then flip-flopping when Obama didn't cave in to his demand to suspend the debate. There's a difference. It's a good thing he didn't suspend the debate as most people agreed that Obama won handily.

Back