Obama to exempt all 50 states from Federal school testing requirements

What has amazed me about the accuracy vs. error rates on Wikipedia is that without fail they are absolutely correct on all of the issues where they are in agreement with my views, yet you are correct... Wikipedia is filled with lies, lies, lies when it comes to the subjects where their"facts" conflict with my own. It is an eerie coincidence I suppose, shared by many, I suspect.

Frankly, the only really reliable source for news and facts is the Onion.
The Onion is good. I abide by Stephen Colbert's truthiness, which won the the American Dialect Society 2005 Word of the Year.

Truthiness is a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" in that it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.

Werbung:
The Onion is good. I abide by Stephen Colbert's truthiness, which won the the American Dialect Society 2005 Word of the Year.

Truthiness is a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" in that it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.

I agree. . .I tend to do that, then I check to see if my "gut feeling" has some factual data to go with it.

However, this is kind of dangerous, as some people believe that they are listening to their "intuition," to "what feels correct" to them, but actually they don't even remember that, if it feels "correct" it's because they have been told that story times and times again (i.e., "death panels!") by Fox News etc. .

Werbung:
I agree. . .I tend to do that, then I check to see if my "gut feeling" has some factual data to go with it.

However, this is kind of dangerous, as some people believe that they are listening to their "intuition," to "what feels correct" to them, but actually they don't even remember that, if it feels "correct" it's because they have been told that story times and times again (i.e., "death panels!") by Fox News etc. .

I'm reading the book, "The Believing Brain"

....Michael Shermer upends the traditional thinking about how humans form beliefs about the world. Simply put, beliefs come first and explanations for beliefs follow. ...... Once beliefs are formed the brain begins to look for and find confirmatory evidence in support of those beliefs, which accelerates the process of reinforcing them, and round and round the process goes in a positive-feedback loop of belief confirmation. Shermer outlines the numerous cognitive tools our brains engage to reinforce our beliefs as truths.​

Back