Obama wins 1st debate

top gun

I was a little surprised that John McCain did not get completely blown out in the debate tonight. Maybe I just had extremely low expectations.

However in looking Presidential and in presenting the facts in a calm rational demeanor Senator Obama wins on points.

It was said that John McCain never looked at his opponent and remained "hunched" over his podium. The thing I noticed right away was the cold blooded lizard like looks McCain constantly made when I presume he thought he was off camera. It was like something out of a bad B Horror Movie!

John McCain has a bad habit at pushing out a forced laugh when something really just is not funny and glaring off into space with that hyper blinking thing. It's very weird and distracting. Not the image of a President.

And there was that repeating himself thing McCain does that's bothersome.

So to be completely fair I'm going to say both guys went the distance. McCain went to his "I'm tough self image" and Senator Obama stuck to his "I'm in touch with working folk and I'm seriously interested in helping you."

Style points you'd have to give to Senator Obama but you'd expect that.

I'm now more than ever looking forward to the VP debate and the next 2 Presidential debates as the candidates sharpen up their swords.

Werbung:
I was a little surprised that John McCain did not get completely blown out in the debate tonight. Maybe I just had extremely low expectations.

However in looking Presidential and in presenting the facts in a calm rational demeanor Senator Obama wins on points.

It was said that John McCain never looked at his opponent and remained "hunched" over his podium. The thing I noticed right away was the cold blooded lizard like looks McCain constantly made when I presume he thought he was off camera. It was like something out of a bad B Horror Movie!

John McCain has a bad habit at pushing out a forced laugh when something really just is not funny and glaring off into space with that hyper blinking thing. It's very weird and distracting. Not the image of a President.

And there was that repeating himself thing McCain does that's bothersome.

So to be completely fair I'm going to say both guys went the distance. McCain went to his "I'm tough self image" and Senator Obama stuck to his "I'm in touch with working folk and I'm seriously interested in helping you."

Style points you'd have to give to Senator Obama but you'd expect that.

I'm now more than ever looking forward to the VP debate and the next 2 Presidential debates as the candidates sharpen up their swords.

Obama got a good old school whooping tonight. McCain got under his skin and he kept interrupting McCain.

I liked the format of the debate. Obama looked very uncofortable without a written speech or a teleprompter.

McCain looked smooth. Everybody talked baout how Obama was going to eat him for dinner. That didn't happen....:D

Sweet, a duplicate thread!!

HA HA HA HA HA, poor Top Gun...

Obama kept looking down at the podium....
SpinTheDemocrat.jpg

Obama paused many times, waiting for the arrow to stop spinning so he could answer. :)

Obama got a good old school whooping tonight. McCain got under his skin and he kept interrupting McCain.

I liked the format of the debate. Obama looked very uncofortable without a written speech or a teleprompter.

McCain looked smooth. Everybody talked baout how Obama was going to eat him for dinner. That didn't happen....:D

No unfortunately for McCain he kept infusing how just old he was. He was all attack and no intellect. And whether it's fair or not the man just does not look Presidential.

Senator Obama keep going back calmly and rationally explaining the facts and his plans to help America recover from the Bush/McCain era.

About the only complaint I can come up with against Senator Obama is that he shouldn't stick to that being overly cordial and nice all the way through a debate.

I'd lead off with it but about a third of the way through I'd be relentless on McCain's record of Flip Flops & Bush and never let him off the mat. Senator Obama did that on the economy but that wasn't a long enough part of this debate.

Senator Obama was cool, calm and collected as usual. McCain looked bad and babbled of topic quite a bit but it wasn't his worst performance ever...

However remember I've seen his interview in front of the grocery store Cheese Isle.:D

I too liked the forum.

In fact I just this morning watch talk show hosts from Morning Joe... Conservatives Joe Scarborourgh & Pat Bucannon and moderate Mika Brzezinski break the debate down and it gives very good insight.

Scarborough said he felt Obama won. That all he really needed in a foreign policy debate was to break even with McCain and he went beyond that.

Bucannon said he was giving it to McCain on "points" because he was the agrresser... but felt Obama may still come out the overall winner because he showed he could stand on that stage answer those questions and look extremely Presidential.

Mika said not only did Obama win but she thought TV really hurts McCain. She said not only did Obama tie McCain to Bush but McCain just looked "a little creepy" so clinched up and refusing to even glance at Senator Obama even once. While on the other hand Senator obama addressed McCain directly several times.

I'm amazed that these takes are so similar to what I saw from both a Right & Left prospective.

In fact I just this morning watch talk show hosts from Morning Joe... Conservatives Joe Scarborourgh & Pat Bucannon and moderate Mika Brzezinski break the debate down and it gives very good insight.

Scarborough said he felt Obama won. That all he really needed in a foreign policy debate was to break even with McCain and he went beyond that.

Bucannon said he was giving it to McCain on "points" because he was the agrresser... but felt Obama may still come out the overall winner because he showed he could stand on that stage answer those questions and look extremely Presidential.

Mika said not only did Obama win but she thought TV really hurts McCain. She said not only did Obama tie McCain to Bush but McCain just looked "a little creepy" so clinched up and refusing to even glance at Senator Obama even once. While on the other hand Senator obama addressed McCain directly several times.

I'm amazed that these takes are so similar to what I saw from both a Right & Left prospective.

You gonna copy & paste this same commentary to all 5 of the Debate threads?

iphone_copy_paste.jpg

You gonna copy & paste this same commentary to all 5 of the Debate threads?

iphone_copy_paste.jpg

It's the same information relevant to all. I created the first debate thread but since quite a few were created it's important to point out that even many of the Conservative Talkers were giving this one to Senator Obama.

I mean come on Joe Scarborough said Obama WON!

Pat Buchanan who never says anything good about a Democrat said... Well I'd probably give it to McCain on points because he seemed the aggressor... but Obama will probably in the end come out the WINNER because he stood there with whatever was thrown at him and answered those questions looking very Presidential.

AND THESE ARE THE CONSERVATIVES ON THE PANEL!!!:)

It's the same information relevant to all. I created the first debate thread but since quite a few were created it's important to point out that even many of the Conservative Talkers were giving this one to Senator Obama.

I mean come on Joe Scarborough said Obama WON!

Pat Buchanan who never says anything good about a Democrat said... Well I'd probably give it to McCain on points because he seemed the aggressor... but Obama will probably in the end come out the WINNER because he stood there with whatever was thrown at him and answered those questions looking very Presidential.

AND THESE ARE THE CONSERVATIVES ON THE PANEL!!!:)

Obama did not answers questions. He rhetorically talked around issues. As per usual.

When asked what spending the bailout would decrease, he offered no examples and instead talked about increased spending. He agreed with John McCain on NINE topics. He also has a bracelet, but he is not sure who it was from.

Maybe it is just me, but rhetorical babbling and agreeing with the other candidate hardly makes you Presidential material.

My opinion of course.

Werbung:
Obama did not answers questions. He rhetorically talked around issues. As per usual.

When asked what spending the bailout would decrease, he offered no examples and instead talked about increased spending. He agreed with John McCain on NINE topics. He also has a bracelet, but he is not sure who it was from.

Maybe it is just me, but rhetorical babbling and agreeing with the other candidate hardly makes you Presidential material.

My opinion of course.

You have the "normal" opinion :)

Back