Obama won't let NC reduce it's debt

Dr.Who

Here are some excerpts from an article written by the Gov of NC.:

A recent report by the American Legislative Exchange Council ranked us 47th worst in the nation for annual debt service as a percentage of tax revenue. Our state dedicates nearly 11% of its annual tax revenue to paying debt. On top of that, South Carolina has another $20 billion in unfunded, long-term political promises for pensions and other liabilities. The state budget has already been cut four times in recent months as the national economic downturn has impacted South Carolina and driven down tax revenue.

Before the stimulus bill passed, I asked for states not to be bailed out. After it was signed into law, I said that a state bailout would create more problems than it solved, and that we shouldn't spend money we don't have

If South Carolina could use stimulus money to pay down debt, in two years we will be able to spend, cut taxes or invest even if the federal government can no longer provide more money -- not a remote possibility.

When you're in a hole, the first order of business is stop digging.

One of Mr. Obama's central campaign themes was his pledge to do away with politics of the past. In his inaugural address, he proclaimed "an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics."

Last week I reached out to the president, asking for a federal waiver from restrictions on stimulus money. I got a most unusual response. Before I even received an acknowledgment of the request from the White House, I got word that the Democratic National Committee was launching campaign-style TV attack-ads against me for making it.

Is this the new brand of politics we were promised? Instead of engaging with me and other governors on the merits of our dissent, I am to be attacked in television ads? In the end, I just don't believe a problem created by too much debt will be solved by piling on more debt. This doesn't strike me as an unreasonable or extremist position.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123759827524401409.html

Werbung:
I heard about this last week. Doesn't make any sense. The govt does not support fiscal responsiblity because it doesn't know what fiscally responsibility is.

Werbung:
Re: Obamhttps://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/newreply.php?a won't let NC reduce it's debt

Obama's tactics follow the precise way that they were written out in his bible, "RULES FOR RADICALS by Saul Alinsky"

Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it.

Back