Obama's "read my lips" moment has arrived!

Bob the Builder

"If you make less than $250,000.00 a year, under my plan you taxes will not go up one penny" Barry Sotero on the campaign trail

OOPS! Looks like his "cap and tax" plan will not only raise taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year, it will CRIPPLE THEM!

He's done more damage to this country in 6 months than any enemy in the history of America, and the libs steadfastly refuse to see it.

But what else would you expenct from a DEMOCRAP illegitimate Kenyan illegal immigrant and his sycophants?

Werbung:
well being that we all did know that's what he was talking about, yes many will say that.

If that's what you believed that was what he meant, then you (apparantly along with the vast majority of Obamabots) WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION!!

He repeatedly claimed that NO taxes would go up on ANYONE making less than $250,000.00 a year, and he said it KNOWING that he was lying.

well thats good then, cuz I would not have wanted him to say he would not raise any other taxes. You know we have a Gov here that never raised taxes....and cut the budget at times....so you know what happened? All the property taxes have gone threw to roof to pay the bills....he never rasised them...but we sure as hell pay more, and he knew that would happen. I have no problem if I have to pay a bit more short term to reduce damged to envirment and ozone. So if he truly said no taxes at all..I am glad he changed his mind...I still dont belive that is the case though. somehow I dont fear I will end up on the street here...

well being that we all did know that's what he was talking about, yes many will say that.

Here is the actual quote:

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

Notice the last five words: 'not any of your taxes.' There's no way to extrapolate from this quote anything "meant", as it is indefensible. The tactic of "what he meant was" simply won't work here. And as far as I'm concerned, is a grossly overused method of operation.

Of course, an increasing number of Obama's promises and pledges came with expiration dates. Since the overreaching federal bailout is failing so miserably, it's only logical that he will in turn have to go back to the tax well. So I guess with a groveling press and sycophant Congress, it's time to let this promise expire and count on others to cover his tracks.

well 1 I still dont see this as a tax on me..:D

If you don't see what is happening right now as a tax on you, you're not looking closely or seeing clearly. Except in the most rare circumstances, ANY tax increase on business, wealthy, etc. will come down the pike and affect you. And me. And my neighbor. And my children.

One of the principal pillars our country was formed on was our right to property. I say WAS, as it is increasing under assault, and is threatened in ways that would have been inconceivable to the general public 100 years ago. Only by the failure of the general public to comprehend the importance of this, escalating exponentially in the past 25 years or so, have we come to the point where this core principal is actually in jeopardy of falling.

2. I would have said that was a bad point to make and said he should not go with that policy...so I would now be glad he reversed that idea then.[/QUOTE]

Any policy that is destined to produce the crippling effects these policies represent are bad policy. Leadership reversing prior positions because of new data, new insight, etc. is fine. Reversing prior positions because they were incompatible to your primary objectives all along, and knowing the prior positions were empty campaign rhetoric (read LIES) is contemptible.

In Dover, Obama stated, "I pledge that under my plan, no one making less than $250,000 a year will see any type of tax increase, not income tax, not capital gains taxes, not any kind of tax."

Edit: I see Truth already made this post more or less.

"If you make less than $250,000.00 a year, under my plan you taxes will not go up one penny" Barry Sotero on the campaign trail

OOPS! Looks like his "cap and tax" plan will not only raise taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year, it will CRIPPLE THEM!

He's done more damage to this country in 6 months than any enemy in the history of America, and the libs steadfastly refuse to see it.

But what else would you expenct from a DEMOCRAP illegitimate Kenyan illegal immigrant and his sycophants?

YOUR FEDERAL INCOME TAXES WON'T GO UP UNDER THE OBAMA PLAN IF YOU EARN LESS THAN $250,000 per year was the campaign promise.

Even you must admit that there is no possible way on gods green earth that ANY polititian of either Party can so control all things that they would say nothing is ever going to change.

Cap & trade is about putting pressure on businesses to go more green hence helping our environment and conserving energy. This is important. We have serious environmental & energy consumption problems in the United States.

Businesses will now know their pollution ceiling and they can invest in energy savings or pay a penalty. It's actually quite a bit like donating to charity for a tax wright off. You can pay the money in as tax or give it to charity... your choice.

As far as the "trickle down" effect on regular families the estimates are somewhere between $110 and $175 dollars per year per family that could get passed along as businesses upgrade. (There will be credits for the poor so they are exempted)

We get something for this though. A cleaner environment and less green house gases which directly affects all Americans in a good way. The development of hundreds of thousands of new green jobs. And we take another small step away from foreign sources of energy.

Now please I'm trying to have a conversation here. Granted when you post utterly insane stuff like, "But what else would you expect from a DEMOCRAP illegitimate Kenyan illegal immigrant and his sycophants?" it's very difficult.

But the fact is we've been talking... talk, talk, talk about serious environmental issues for years now. At some point you have to actually DO SOMETHING.

And during this time (and way before to be perfectly honest) we've seen foreign oil become a major factor.

Sometimes when businesses won't move forward on there own there has to be a carrot and a stick approach used by governmental regulation. Pollution, climate change, oil shortages and high spiking gas prices affect ALL AMERICANS in a bad way.

It's not evil to TRY and do something to address these problems. For they too cost ALL AMERICANS money and their health.

Now I think I've been very calm and reasonable. I've tried hard not to insult you in any way and I've admitted freely that there is some minor cost involved. Let's see if you can reciprocate in kind.

In Dover, Obama stated, "I pledge that under my plan, no one making less than $250,000 a year will see any type of tax increase, not income tax, not capital gains taxes, not any kind of tax."

Edit: I see Truth already made this post more or less.

Again I'd say this. Cap & trade is not a TAX on people making less than $250,000 per year.

It can depending on what various businesses choose to do become a TAX on some individual businesses trying to encourage them to pollute less, emit fewer greenhouse gases and invest in available energy conservation upgrades.

But to say because they might choose to pass some of their tax along as a slightly higher rate makes that a TAX on people making less than $250,000 is not being honest. It is not a TAX anymore than if any of a thousand other factors that occur in business every year causing a price to go up would be a tax.

When the price of diesel goes up because OPEC cut oil production that is not a TAX on the person receiving the freight. That is the current marketplace cost of doing business.

And as I've said EVERY AMERICAN also gets something good out of Cap & Trade.

It's kinda like this. It cost some small amount more on your water bill to water your grass in the summer. But you get greener grass!;)

Obama has done more damage to the US than anyone.
Amen!

He is never called on his lies and mistakes.

If you don't see what is happening right now as a tax on you, you're not looking closely or seeing clearly. Except in the most rare circumstances, ANY tax increase on business, wealthy, etc. will come down the pike and affect you. And me. And my neighbor. And my children.

One of the principal pillars our country was formed on was our right to property. I say WAS, as it is increasing under assault, and is threatened in ways that would have been inconceivable to the general public 100 years ago. Only by the failure of the general public to comprehend the importance of this, escalating exponentially in the past 25 years or so, have we come to the point where this core principal is actually in jeopardy of falling.

2. I would have said that was a bad point to make and said he should not go with that policy...so I would now be glad he reversed that idea then.

Any policy that is destined to produce the crippling effects these policies represent are bad policy. Leadership reversing prior positions because of new data, new insight, etc. is fine. Reversing prior positions because they were incompatible to your primary objectives all along, and knowing the prior positions were empty campaign rhetoric (read LIES) is contemptible.[/QUOTE]

show me a leader in any high position then held evry single thing they said running for office....does not happen. Do most and I am pretty damn happy. You know what, No New Taxes Bush....I liked him...even after he raised taxes...you know why, cuz things change events happen, and you dont get to pick the perfect bill to sign as president.

Werbung:
Again I'd say this. Cap & trade is not a TAX on people making less than $250,000 per year.

Cap and Trade basically taxes business for using products like oil that are not friendly to the environment. Plastic is made using oil. I would wager that a majority of the country uses plastic and a majority of the country does not make $250,000 a year.

Therefore, if you make it more expensive in all stages of the chain to create a product like a bottle of water for example, that cost will get passed on to the person buying that water.

When the producer of the plastic must pay more to make it, and more to ship it, and more to basically do anything to it, they are not going to say "oh well it is for the good of the Earth." What they are going to do is calculate their costs and then pass them on to the customer. I would wager that a majority of customers do not make $250,000 plus a year. Therefore, they are getting hurt under this plan.

Any job created under this plan is basically a job lost in the old manufacturing system as well, so there is no real gain except we pay more for things in the short term. Obama predicts that the impact will be minimal, but most of his predictions on economic factors have failed to date. Most business is against the idea, and it is widely believed that this will cause prices to go up across the board on many things. To what extent can be debated, but even the President admits there will be an increase.

Back