Oh, now the Keystone decision makes sense

dogtowner

Staff member
should have known to follow the money

it leads to the Oracle of Omaha

Obama announced today that he’s not going to give approval to the Keystone XL Pipeline before the 2012 election, claiming that after three years and billions of dollars spent on study, the pipeline needs yet more study.
But there may be a more practical motivation to Obama’s decision. One of the largest oil plays in America, and almost certainly the fastest growing, is North Dakota’s Bakken oil fields. The Keystone pipeline, if built, would have taken 100,000 barrels per day of oil from those fields. But without the pipeline, oil producers in the state are going to be forced to rely more heavily on rail transport to bring the oil to market (the state’s roads are already running at maximum capacity).
The Burlington Northern/Santa Fe railroad serves North Dakota (along with Canadian Pacific), and guess who has a majority stake in BNSF these days?
As oil production ramps up in the Bakken fields of North Dakota, plans to use the pipeline to transport it have been dashed.
As a result, North Dakota’s booming oil producers will have to rely even more on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) railroad, which Buffett just bought, to ship it to refineries.
Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has agreed to buy Burlington Northern Santa Fe in a deal valuing the railroad at $34 billion. Berkshire Hathaway already owns about 22% of Burlington Northern, and will pay $100 a share in cash and stock for the rest of the company.​
Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

Werbung:
a) followed the money on that too
b) been millions of years of warming and cooling and more dramatic than whatever is going on now
To be fair, if the proposed "solution" to global warming were lower taxes, smaller goverment, and free markets, Conservatives would probably buy into the religion of AGW.

To be fair, if the proposed "solution" to global warming were lower taxes, smaller goverment, and free markets, Conservatives would probably buy into the religion of AGW.

Maybe, but maybe not. Can you think of another issue where conservatives purposely chose to believe a lie to forward their agenda? The left has a very long list of believing lies to promote their agenda.

And, imagine the wonderful consequences of lower taxes, smaller government, and free markets versus the evils of worldwide Marxism.

Can you think of another issue where conservatives purposely chose to believe a lie to forward their agenda?
Sadly, yes... The birthers.

imagine the wonderful consequences of lower taxes, smaller government, and free markets
According to Progressives... The apocolypse. The death of not only mankind but of the entire planet as well. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't tried to claim that lower taxes, small government and free markets are responsible for the lack of life on other planets in our solar system... Give it time though. :)

Sadly, yes... The birthers.

According to Progressives... The apocolypse. The death of not only mankind but of the entire planet as well. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't tried to claim that lower taxes, small government and free markets are responsible for the lack of life on other planets in our solar system... Give it time though. :)

Exactly. The entire planet is in so much trouble that the only cure for civilization is to give the progressives all our money and give them the power to save all of us. The left is nuts.

I prefer to keep the most of my money I possibly can and take my chances with my own skills and initiative. I sure don't need some Govt dweeb telling me what to do.

Dems are the real reason Jobs went overseas. You can take this way far back to the 1960s when Dems want free trade with the Japanese. As that result American Auto plants had to lay off thousands of workers. Go watch Micheal Moore movie "Micheal & Me" Its about once a great town Flint Michigan had thousands of Jobs and look at it now its a ghost town. All because Dems wanted free trade with Japan.

Werbung:
Dems are the real reason Jobs went overseas. You can take this way far back to the 1960s when Dems want free trade with the Japanese. As that result American Auto plants had to lay off thousands of workers. Go watch Micheal Moore movie "Micheal & Me" Its about once a great town Flint Michigan had thousands of Jobs and look at it now its a ghost town. All because Dems wanted free trade with Japan.

Well certainly the dems have had a strong hand in it but not with free trade. Rather the government assisted union abuses rendering manufacturing costs uncompetetive and dumbing schools down so that the pipeline of workers are not educated enough to stay ahead of those elsewhere. here went our ability to evolve to the higher tech manufacture that justifies higher wages.

Back