Oil Spill

Gipper

Oil spill tars Dems' reputation for competence
By: Michael Barone
Senior Political Analyst
May 30, 2010
(AP)

"Obama struggling to show he's in control," reads the headline on the Washington Post's story on Barack Obama's Thursday press conference, where most of the questions were about the Gulf oil spill.

"Defensive, un-authoritative and equivocal," wrote Congressional Quarterly's Craig Crawford of Obama's performance. "He came across as a beleaguered bureaucrat in damage control."

Uh-oh. People, even people in the Obama-friendly press, are beginning to say that the oil spill is Obama's Katrina. That it destroys his reputation for competence.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...on-for-competence-95151519.html#ixzz0pVZfP7XP

That headline must be a typo. Replace the word "competence" with "incompetence" and it would then be correct.

A lib friend told me yesterday the spill is a "crime against humanity." And, he wanted the Hague to get involved and seek criminal action against BP. I know its crazy just like most libs.

I asked him about BO's slowness and failure to stop the leak. Of course, this was a non-starter. But if this happened on Bush's watch, he would want Bush tried in the Hague and imprisoned or executed. Hypocrites!!!

Werbung:
That headline must be a typo. Replace the word "competence" with "incompetence" and it would then be correct.

A lib friend told me yesterday the spill is a "crime against humanity." And, he wanted the Hague to get involved and seek criminal action against BP. I know its crazy just like most libs.

I asked him about BO's slowness and failure to stop the leak. Of course, this was a non-starter. But if this happened on Bush's watch, he would want Bush tried in the Hague and imprisoned or executed. Hypocrites!!!

Unfortunately silly as usual with but another failed attempt to try and smear a damn good man our President of the United States of America President Obama.:cool:

President Obama has done everything humanly possible to address this oil spill. Had Republicans and mainly Bush not whored out our regulatory system so bad most likely this spill never even would have happened in the first place.

Any person with half a brain can do this math Gip.:rolleyes: It's 110% in BP's interest both morally and financially to stop this leak as soon as possible. It's also 110% in the administration's best interest to stop this leak as soon as possible. Not only because of the environmental damage and people out of work front but also because of the huge amounts of money that the Federal government will now have to fork out to help these damaged states.

So any dog & pony show about anyone dragging their feet is simply that... a diversion from the truth.

But let's be honest... that's all the pubbies have left. They know that they're neck deep in creating this disaster and are simply floundering around hoping that Americans forget their own words.

Ain't working pubbies... ain't working...

typical...BP screws up, and you blame Obama for not driving down with a scuba tank and fixing it himself....

Ever accrue to you that if BP< Haliburton, and the rest whos job it is to do this have tried everything..and they all failed...that maybe the government can't do much more then push them to do worked faster and better? But really can't do much itself ?

Please tell us what Obama should have done that is reasonable and would have fixed the problem....actuly no tell BP or someone else who can actuly do something with the info...since your a god who knows all about fixing Oil Leaks under the ocean right?

This is an industrial accident which requires some extremely detailed and complex engineering solutions and I said right at the begining that the politicians should just STFU and let the experts do their stuff without trying to get in front of the cameras and look tough, take credit or try and organise....... now they just look stupid.

typical...BP screws up, and you blame Obama for not driving down with a scuba tank and fixing it himself....

Ever accrue to you that if BP< Haliburton, and the rest whos job it is to do this have tried everything..and they all failed...that maybe the government can't do much more then push them to do worked faster and better? But really can't do much itself ?

Please tell us what Obama should have done that is reasonable and would have fixed the problem....actuly no tell BP or someone else who can actuly do something with the info...since your a god who knows all about fixing Oil Leaks under the ocean right?

WTH pockets...I did not blame your messiah for the oil spill. Though I suspect you blamed Bush for Katrina and many other things he was incapable of controlling.

I do think BO was slow to act, which if he were an R, people like you would be demanding his head be cut off.

WTH pockets...I did not blame your messiah for the oil spill. Though I suspect you blamed Bush for Katrina and many other things he was incapable of controlling.

I do think BO was slow to act, which if he were an R, people like you would be demanding his head be cut off.

SLow to act? what should he have done? realy?

and Katrina.? Even Bush knows he failed, the when people are stranded on buildings days after with no food or water...and the "shelters" can't get supplies because the government is going to slow...when FEMA Sucks up a storm while Bush praises it....

Here is the difference...there was ALOT that the government could have done a lot faster and Better and failed to do so..while Bush praised them as they failed....

There is very little the Government can do here...and he has not praised them for being so bad at what they are doing...

and I have to point out..I asked before what should he have done...yet you pointed out nothing...making me think...you don't have a clue...you just want to bash Obama.

SLow to act? what should he have done? realy?

and Katrina.? Even Bush knows he failed, the when people are stranded on buildings days after with no food or water...and the "shelters" can't get supplies because the government is going to slow...when FEMA Sucks up a storm while Bush praises it....

Here is the difference...there was ALOT that the government could have done a lot faster and Better and failed to do so..while Bush praised them as they failed....

There is very little the Government can do here...and he has not praised them for being so bad at what they are doing...

and I have to point out..I asked before what should he have done...yet you pointed out nothing...making me think...you don't have a clue...you just want to bash Obama.

Slow to act?

Here is one thing but there are many. He has not just been slow to act he has been slow to even notice.

bobby jindal governor of louisiana asked for permission to put out some sand bar things to stop the oil. Not only did obama drag on permission he ended up after dragging on giving an answer he denied what The Gov had asked for, settled on 5 or something instead of the many he asked for. I think Jindal should tell obama to stick it up his behind and do what he needs to do to protect his state.

Slow to act?

Here is one thing but there are many. He has not just been slow to act he has been slow to even notice.

bobby jindal governor of louisiana asked for permission to put out some sand bar things to stop the oil. Not only did obama drag on permission he ended up after dragging on giving an answer he denied what The Gov had asked for, settled on 5 or something instead of the many he asked for. I think Jindal should tell obama to stick it up his behind and do what he needs to do to protect his state.

he called the white house to ask to put up sand? and so thats what you have so far....did not say to the Gov to he could put up sand...and thats = to Katrina in any way?

and what would change had it happened right away...the oil would stop? the seaboard would be saved? you could Fish in the Gulf?

he called the white house to ask to put up sand? and so thats what you have so far....did not say to the Gov to he could put up sand...and thats = to Katrina in any way?

and what would change had it happened right away...the oil would stop? the seaboard would be saved? you could Fish in the Gulf?

The Gov was told no to the number of sandbars he wanted to build, the sandbars would have stopped the oil from going to shore. Im for states rights and they should have not even had to ask IMO but it should not have taken obamas admin so long to get back to him then to say no to the number of bars he wanted to put down.

The Gov was told no to the number of sandbars he wanted to build, the sandbars would have stopped the oil from going to shore. Im for states rights and they should have not even had to ask IMO but it should not have taken obamas admin so long to get back to him then to say no to the number of bars he wanted to put down.

so who did they ask? how long? and what was reason given?

also regardless...OIL STLL pumping...

so who did they ask? how long? and what was reason given?

also regardless...OIL STLL pumping...

The federal government. I highly doubt they asked obama personally, he was very busy with state dinners and other functions to have time to deal with this personally

how long? dont know what you mean there? Reason given? Do you mean why did they refuse to let the state do what it wanted to? The Environment! So they let them do some of what they wanted but not enough to actually help.

The federal government. I highly doubt they asked obama personally, he was very busy with state dinners and other functions to have time to deal with this personally

how long? dont know what you mean there? Reason given? Do you mean why did they refuse to let the state do what it wanted to? The Environment! So they let them do some of what they wanted but not enough to actually help.

so in other words you really don't know how long or why...show me why they said it was for the environment.

you don't think that just maybe they had a reason? I would not be shocked with the rights history of "facts" if you can't even find proof this ever happened even

This from Maureen Dowd of the NYSlimes who is a hard core lefty. Even she knows BO blew it. Why can't you pockets?

For five weeks, it looked as though Obama considered the gushing that became the worst oil spill in U.S. history a distraction, like a fire alarm going off in the middle of a law seminar he was teaching. He’ll deal with it, but he’s annoyed because it’s not on his syllabus.

Even if Obama doesn’t watch “Treme” on HBO, it’s strange that he would not have a more spontaneous emotional response to another horrendous hit for Louisiana, with residents and lawmakers crying on the news and dead pelicans washing up on shore. But then, he didn’t make his first-ever visit to New Orleans until nearly a year after Katrina hit. “I never had occasion to be here,” he told The Times’s Jeff Zeleny, then at The Chicago Tribune.

Just as President Clinton once protested to reporters that he was still “relevant,” President Obama had to protest to reporters last week that he has feelings.

He seemed to tune out a bit after the exhausting battle over health care, with the air of someone who says to himself: “Oh, man, that was a heavy lift. I’m taking a break.”

He’s spending the holiday weekend in Chicago when he should be commemorating Memorial Day here with the families of troops killed in battle and with veterans at Arlington Cemetery.

Republican senators who had a contentious lunch with the president last week described him as whiny, thin-skinned and in over his head, and there was extreme Democratic angst at the White House’s dilatory and deferential attitude on the spill.

Even more than with the greedy financiers and arrogant carmakers, it was important to offend and slap back the deceptive malefactors at BP.

Obama and top aides who believe in his divinity make a mistake to dismiss complaints of his aloofness as Washington white noise. He treats the press as a nuisance rather than examining his own inability to encapsulate Americans’ feelings.

“The media may get tired of the story, but we will not,” he told Gulf Coast residents when he visited on Friday. Actually, if it weren’t for the media, the president would probably never have woken up from his torpor and flown down there.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/opinion/30dowd.html

e100527_Smithpg-vertical.jpg

It's amazing sometimes just how much power we think the president has. Was Bush expected to fly into the hurricane and stop it from spinning? Was he supposed to rescue all of the people who didn't get out of the way despite plenty of warning? Was Obama supposed to dive to the bottom of the ocean and stick his finger in the oil pipe?

The sensible thing do is to take an objective look at this or any other disaster and figure out how to minimize the chances that it will happen again, and how to mitigate the damage when it does. Instead, it is made into a silly partisan bash of whoever occupies the Whitehouse.

Does anyone seriously believe that John McCain could have stopped the oil spill? Would John Kerry have been able to save New Orleans? How?

Werbung:
It's amazing sometimes just how much power we think the president has. Was Bush expected to fly into the hurricane and stop it from spinning? Was he supposed to rescue all of the people who didn't get out of the way despite plenty of warning? Was Obama supposed to dive to the bottom of the ocean and stick his finger in the oil pipe?

The sensible thing do is to take an objective look at this or any other disaster and figure out how to minimize the chances that it will happen again, and how to mitigate the damage when it does. Instead, it is made into a silly partisan bash of whoever occupies the Whitehouse.

Does anyone seriously believe that John McCain could have stopped the oil spill? Would John Kerry have been able to save New Orleans? How?

Agreed. But the left does not work this way. You are much too logical. They blamed W for Katrina and some are even blaming him for the oil spill. Like the nut job Frank Rich at the New York Slimes...they are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd.

Frank%20Rich%20Blames%20Oil%20Spill%20on%20Bush,%20Cheney,%20Beck,%20Palin,%20Tea%20Party%20and%20Rand%20Paul.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/opinion/30rich.html?hp

Back