Oklahoma Governor Vetoed Bill That Would Make Abortion a Felony

Reddie

On Friday Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin vetoed a bill that would make performing an abortion a felony. The Governor's decision came a day after lawmakers in the State approved the bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-would-make-it-a-felony-to-perform-abortions/
“The bill is so ambiguous and so vague that doctors cannot be certain what medical circumstances would be considered ‘necessary to preserve the life of the mother,’” Fallin, a Republican, said in a statement announcing her decision.
I wonder why people are so eager to make abortion illegal. Why would anyone want to force a woman to keep a pregnancy she doesn't want to?

Werbung:
Hmmm, is this the bill that makes it illegal to abort a fetus over 19weeks of age( roughly 5 months) ?
I think there's already been some regulations over what the maximum age of the fetus can be before one can abort it, most countries have those but they are around the 6th month, where the fetus actually begins to take up mass, because with older fetuses it was shown to be dangerous for the woman to have an abortion.

Still, 5 months is enough time for someone to realise or suspect that they are pregnant, and if they don't want the baby they have plenty of time to have an abortion in that timespan of 19 weeks.

However, I think US policy is going all wrong about abortion in general. They focus on making it harder for people to have an abortion in order to promote mature thought, but sex education is banned at many schoold. Isn't that a paradox? How are these teens supposed to know what's what if neither parents nor school educates them on it?
They also want to make it illegal to sell condoms to teens, which is another blunder right there...only rarely do teens use protection anyway.

Werbung:
Hmmm, is this the bill that makes it illegal to abort a fetus over 19weeks of age( roughly 5 months) ?
I think there's already been some regulations over what the maximum age of the fetus can be before one can abort it, most countries have those but they are around the 6th month, where the fetus actually begins to take up mass, because with older fetuses it was shown to be dangerous for the woman to have an abortion.

Still, 5 months is enough time for someone to realise or suspect that they are pregnant, and if they don't want the baby they have plenty of time to have an abortion in that timespan of 19 weeks.

However, I think US policy is going all wrong about abortion in general. They focus on making it harder for people to have an abortion in order to promote mature thought, but sex education is banned at many schoold. Isn't that a paradox? How are these teens supposed to know what's what if neither parents nor school educates them on it?
They also want to make it illegal to sell condoms to teens, which is another blunder right there...only rarely do teens use protection anyway.
As I understand it, no.
There is an existing law prohibiting anyone who is not an MD from doing one. The law eliminated the MD exemption. (This from an ABC news article I read covering a possible override.)

Back