Olympics

amelia88

Who's watching? Who are you cheering for?

Are there any particular events that you're tuning in especially for? Personally I love the swimming events, and the gymnastics are pretty neat too - although I saw one French competitor break his leg, which looked awful.

Do you think you would have gone to Rio if you had the chance? I don't think I would have gone in person -- I am pretty content watching it on TV!

Werbung:
Due to the time difference I probably won't watch many things, and my interest has waned over the years because it is also about money. I know many athletes have been waiting for this event, but I wouldn't go because of zika and you actually see more on the television.

When it was in London, there were events a 10 minute walk from me, but the tickets were so expensive and they never reduced them for locals. It seems the same is in Rio where there are over a million unsold tickets.

I am not watching the Olympic games this year, I have no interest in doing so. Personally I find them boring; I actually keep forgetting the Olympic games are underway until I hear reports on the news.

Doesn't interest me in the slightest.
I am a Martial Artist and the performances in the MA field in the Olympics is embarrassing.
I would rather watch paint dry.

Doesn't interest me in the slightest.
I am a Martial Artist and the performances in the MA field in the Olympics is embarrassing.
I would rather watch paint dry.
Embarrassing... curious as to why. Can't say I've seen any of it. It's beach volleyball wall to wall here. Saw one very brief snippet of a judo guy (barely seconds).

Embarrassing... curious as to why. Can't say I've seen any of it. It's beach volleyball wall to wall here. Saw one very brief snippet of a judo guy (barely seconds).
My discipline of MA is traditional, practical and harbors a deep knowledge of the art.
When I watch Judo on the Olympics etc, they are dancing around and trying to throw their opponent all over the place.
Lets be fair - the streets are rough and they won't allow you to throw, plus it's more than one on one nowadays.
I prefer to dual - a fair match without nonsense touching.
All these modern MA's are for show purposes - not functionality.

My discipline of MA is traditional, practical and harbors a deep knowledge of the art.
When I watch Judo on the Olympics etc, they are dancing around and trying to throw their opponent all over the place.
Lets be fair - the streets are rough and they won't allow you to throw, plus it's more than one on one nowadays.
I prefer to dual - a fair match without nonsense touching.
All these modern MA's are for show purposes - not functionality.
Yeah show is too prominent.
Kind of explains why a style intended for dealing with foes on horseback us so popular (lot's of high kicks in Tai Kwan do).

Werbung:
Back