OMG...Pray for healing and get paid for it?

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Prayer does not even offer a placebo effect, but now government is asked to fund prayer

The three-year Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP), published in the April 4 American Heart Journal, was the largest-ever attempt to apply scientific methods to measure the influence of prayer on the well-being of another. It examined 1,800 patients undergoing heart-bypass surgery. On the eve of the operations, church groups began two weeks of praying for one set of patients. Each recipient had a praying contingent of about 70, none of whom knew the patient personally. The study found no differences in survival or complication rates compared with those who did not receive prayers. The only statistically significant blip appeared in a subgroup of patients who were prayed for and knew it. They experienced a higher rate of postsurgical heart arrhythmias (59 versus 52 percent of unaware subjects).

So we know, without a doubt, that prayer has no effect and may make things worse. That, however, does not deter the insane people who are members of the cult of Christian Scientists:

Christian Scientists seek reimbursement for prayers

Prue Lewis listens as they explain their symptoms. Then Lewis - a thin, frail-looking woman from Columbia Heights - simply says, "I'll go to work right away." She hangs up, organizes her thoughts and begins treating her clients' ailments the best way she knows how: She prays.

This is health care in the world of Christian Science, where the sick eschew conventional medicine and turn to God for healing. Christian Scientists call it "spiritual health care," and it is a practice they are battling to insert into the health-care legislation being hammered out in Congress.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt141YYUS Leaders of the Church of Christ, Scientist, are pushing a proposal that would help patients pay someone like Lewis for prayer by having insurers reimburse the $20 to $40 cost.

The provision was stripped from the bill the House passed this month, and church leaders are trying to get it inserted into the Senate version. And the church has powerful allies there, including Sens. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), who represents the state where the church is based, and Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), who said the provision would "ensure that health-care reform law does not discriminate against any religion."

<for the rest of this story>
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/blog/?p=1021

And if this doesn't meet the guidelines for just politics then move it if you want too...I DON'T CARE, this is not my forum, I'm just allowed the right to post here! ;)

Werbung:
Well, I like it! I dance for health and I can do it for others too. Call me up and let me know what hurts and I'll dance to cure you. I'm sending an email to Orrin Hatch right now to get him to add dancing cure payment as well. Until that passes though, I'll still need a crisp $100 bill for a week long dance cure for what ails you.

can I have 50 for thinking nice thoughts?

Also does God Listen more to a Prayer, if you pay more for it? Like sir, you are a diamond leval prayer, so I will listen to you ASAP...you mam have the budget package...so I will get to you, but you may have to wait a few weeks, and I am not going to help as much .

Much as been said about the power of prayer. It is bunk. There has never been anything gained by praying for it. It is useless and insipid to pray for strength and courage, wisdom and serenity. Either you have these things or you don’t; no one can give them to you - not even God. If you must pray, then pray while you work; for it is not faith but determination that moves mountains.

I kinda like the idea's of dancing and the power of 'HAPPY THOUGHTS'...just imagine if that would actually work:confused: All of those innocent mindless masses walking around with those 'HAPPY FEET & HAPPY THOUGHTS' just oozing out of their collective bodies...HOLY BATCRAP the power/vibes that that alone would generate could make the hair on your head stand straight up :cool:

Now pass that collection plate and we'll all become a 'NON-for profit' tax deductible revenue generating faith healing tribe and wander the earth doing good deeds & random acts of healing...LMAO

WWJD? Did the Prince of Peace ever accept money for prayers?

Isn't he the example Christians are supposed to follow?

Werbung:
Back