OMG!! Torture at GITMO

Unite Our Nation

I just saw a report that showed where detainees were made to listen to songs from...

Nine Inch Nails, AC/DC, Metalica, Aerosmith and Chili Peppers!! LMAO

Since these are but a few of my favs, I can't understand how that would make anyone talk!!

Throw in some Nickelback, 3 Doors Down and Megadeth and I'd be happy! :D

Werbung:
Preferring Bach, Beethoven and so forth, I'm afraid I'd have to side with the folks who'd consider that torture...

But, you also have to consider that to the folks of that region, the architecture of the Western scale that allows for complex harmony would be pure anathema to their... dissonance.

UON, I would agree with your taste in music, want to torture me, just put Garth Brooks on repeat and it would only take about an hour until I was losing it.

Now without having a link provided(which is generally wise to include in a thread starter)
I dont know if the "torture" involved is from the genre, but probably more likely is the volume level it is being played at and the periods of time.

Not only will long periods of loud noise potentially cause hearing damage, but it will also lead to headaches, nasuea etc.

Making them listen to the music seems wrong. I didnt know this till Cat Stevens became Usif Islam or what ever the heck he renamed himself but Muslims cant listen to music. They can sing and stuff but not to music, Cat Stevens said that was the hardest part of becoming islamic, but apparently it worked out for him.

but since its against their religion it seems not right to make them listen to any music

I see it as them getting a tiny, tiny bit of what they deserve for killing, or attempting to kill others.

Clearly, the definition of torture can mean different things to different folks.

I see it as them getting a tiny, tiny bit of what they deserve for killing, or attempting to kill others.

Clearly, the definition of torture can mean different things to different folks.

I dont consider making them listen to music torture in any way at all but dont we have some rule that we dont go against others religous beliefs? if not then why not make them eat pork and put pigs blood in a casket with every known terrorist, that would stop them fast. i assumed we didnt do it because its against thier relgious ideas

I have no idea. No doubt some of the other posters on here do...especially the military guys/gals.

Sound like a plan to me though! If that's the way to make them stop blowing up innocent civilians and children, I'm for it.

I have no idea. No doubt some of the other posters on here do...especially the military guys/gals.

Sound like a plan to me though! If that's the way to make them stop blowing up innocent civilians and children, I'm for it.

I think the russians did it and it stopped the attacks but I dont think Europe liked it when they did it and gave them crap for it. If the plan is to make Europe like us, then its a bad plan. I personally dont care of Europe likes us

Someone brought up on another thread about President Bush making the world hate us. This made me laugh because as long as I've been reading about what other nations think (and that's been YEARS now) we Americans have been hated! It's nothing more than good ol human jealousy. The world hates those who succeed.

Why would we want the world to "like" us??? Who gives a ****? Other countries are going to do what is BEST for them and we are going to do what is BEST for us if we have any sense at all!!! Survival is NOT a popularity contest. Being the top power and top finanical nation is NOT a popularity contest.

Someone brought up on another thread about President Bush making the world hate us. This made me laugh because as long as I've been reading about what other nations think (and that's been YEARS now) we Americans have been hated! It's nothing more than good ol human jealousy. The world hates those who succeed.

Why would we want the world to "like" us??? Who gives a ****? Other countries are going to do what is BEST for them and we are going to do what is BEST for us if we have any sense at all!!! Survival is NOT a popularity contest. Being the top power and top finanical nation is NOT a popularity contest.

I agree with you in everything you said. I think the world hated us more under Reagan and laughed at us more under Carter. I would rather be hated than laughed at :)

Yeah.....we've been so successful....at making people hate us.​

"Among the panel's members are several GOP senators who have generally been critical of the administration's conduct on detainee matters, including John McCain of Arizona, John Warner of Virginia, Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina."

Werbung:
Does any of the military guys on here know if Russian did what Noobama wrote in the above post?

If we are referring to the pig's blood comments, I am not sure that Russia has ever done that.

The UK has done it, and it did work quite well. Israel has been rumored to put pigs entrails on their bullet casings and even buses to try to prevent suicide attacks.

There are also reports that General Pershing (American) did it as well.

There are a lot of negative side effects that can come out of this plan, or even the perception of this plan, such as if you have a suicide attack, and there are body parts everywhere what parts do you bury. If you bury some other person in that manner you will cause a lot of problems.

Back