Only Govt Jobs doing well

chestnut

With 787 billion put aside for job creation and economic growth, why is only the Govt gaining jobs and salary raises?

Average salary of govt employee is almost double that of private worker.

Check out this article

Kind of makes you sick. The govt seems to have no restraint during an economic downturn.

Now that there is a smart President. Really.. I mean it. He's so smart :p

When will Obama realize that job growth in the govt is not what this country needs. It's what he needs to make sure people keep voting for the democrats, but it s not what this country needs.

How pathetic.

Werbung:
Do you seriously believe any of this misdirection crapola will trick anyone into forgetting just how terrible Bush & the Republicants were at governing and how they completely screwed up everything they touched? I mean come on this was the standard bumper sticker of that time.

Of course it hurts: You're getting screwed by an elephant

Do you seriously believe any of this misdirection crapola will trick anyone into forgetting just how terrible Bush & the Republicants were at governing and how they completely screwed up everything they touched? I mean come on this was the standard bumper sticker of that time.

Putting everything aside, government spending and the economy will send independents right back to the Republicans. That is what will matter next election.

Putting everything aside, government spending and the economy will send independents right back to the Republicans. That is what will matter next election.

Historic Health Insurance Reform will be passed before that ... the economy will continue to show steady to improve and people won't have forgotten the massive unfairness, the TORTURE and The Bush Recession (worst economic downturn since the Great Depression) the way we were hated all over the world.

People aren't going to want to go back to a Bush America believe me.

We have proven we can do better than that now.

Historic Health Insurance Reform will be passed before that ... the economy will continue to show steady to improve and people won't have forgotten the massive unfairness, the TORTURE and The Bush Recession (worst economic downturn since the Great Depression) the way we were hated all over the world.

People aren't going to want to go back to a Bush America believe me.

We have proven we can do better than that now.

Well, new polls show a lot of them actually do.

That said, Health care reform is so unpopular right now, I would not add that to a column that will bring in support just yet. The economy will recover (as it always does), but the current policies of Obama are delaying that recovery. If he gets hammered in the midterms then who really cares if he wins another term.

With 787 billion put aside for job creation and economic growth, why is only the Govt gaining jobs and salary raises?

Check out this article

Kind of makes you sick. The govt seems to have no restraint during an economic downturn.

bush_republicard.jpg

Ya' just NOW noticed that??????

:confused:

How observant of you.

:rolleyes:

If you are right the next time Bush runs against Obama then Obama will win.

Check out this article

When will Obama realize that job growth in the govt is not what this country needs. It's what he needs to make sure people keep voting for the democrats, but it s not what this country needs.

How pathetic.

The stimulus money is being given to local governments, i.e. friends, and the private sector that drives the economy is not improving - surprise!

Well, new polls show a lot of them actually do.

That said, Health care reform is so unpopular right now, I would not add that to a column that will bring in support just yet. The economy will recover (as it always does), but the current policies of Obama are delaying that recovery. If he gets hammered in the midterms then who really cares if he wins another term.

We're not falling for that Republicant ploy Rob.:rolleyes: The old... You'd better not do anything because it will hurt you in the off year election.

We have to do what we think is best for Americans. You had your shot. And we have watched as your side completely whored this country out with a trillion dollar invasion & occupation based on lies... turned the Clinton surplus into the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression "The Bush Recession"... and you sat on your hands and did nothing to reform skyrocketing healthcare costs.

You guys said the EXACT same thing about Social Security when you tried to keep that from helping our American elderly as you are with Health Insurance Reform.

And now EVERY TIME you try and touch Social Security you get your hats handed to ya don't cha?;) That's EXACTLY the spot you'll be in once again after Health Insurance Reform is passed.

Heck Rob we are all painfully aware that we'd still probably be living in Hoovervilles in the Great Depression if you guys could have scuttled the New Deal all the time saying as Hoover did... it will get better on its own, it will get better on it's own. (read that: I'm doing nothing to help you screw you now).

If you are right the next time Bush runs against Obama then Obama will win.

You guys are hijacked by your ever shrinking base. Your leader Druggie Limbaugh will force you to run someone probably more Conservative than Bush.

Good luck with that. I'm hoping for Palin.:D

We're not falling for that Republicant ploy Rob.:rolleyes: The old... You'd better not do anything because it will hurt you in the off year election.

I didn't say they "better not do anything", they just ought to be wary of forcing the issue on something a lot of people seemingly oppose.

We have to do what we think is best for Americans. You had your shot. And we have watched as your side completely whored this country out with a trillion dollar invasion & occupation based on lies...

Alright.. your side already "whored" out the country with trillion dollar stimulus packages and record deficits.

turned the Clinton surplus into the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression "The Bush Recession"... and you sat on your hands and did nothing to reform skyrocketing healthcare costs.

Economies go in cycles. That is simple econ 101. Attempting to never have a recession is basically saying you do not believe in economics.

You guys said the EXACT same thing about Social Security when you tried to keep that from helping our American elderly as you are with Health Insurance Reform.

Bush's plan for Social Security would have made it a program that could actually last. As it is now, it will be bankrupt in a few years and I will never see a dime that I paid in back.

And now EVERY TIME you try and touch Social Security you get your hats handed to ya don't cha?;) That's EXACTLY the spot you'll be in once again after Health Insurance Reform is passed.

I am all for Health Reform, but how about incorporating some good ideas in there?

Heck Rob we are all painfully aware that we'd still probably be living in Hoovervilles in the Great Depression if you guys could have scuttled the New Deal all the time saying as Hoover did... it will get better on its own, it will get better on it's own. (read that: I'm doing nothing to help you screw you now).

Numerous economists agree that FDR prolonged the Depression and the New Deal really did nothing to end it. In fact, it took a world war to end it.

Really I find it hilarious when you attempt to claim military spending caused our problems, but somehow all this other government spending (which military spending is) will get us out.

I didn't say they "better not do anything", they just ought to be wary of forcing the issue on something a lot of people seemingly oppose.

People favor Health Insurance Reform just fine. And it will be even more popular once it's passed.

Alright.. your side already "whored" out the country with trillion dollar stimulus packages and record deficits.

We had a surplus under Clinton... Bush gave us The Bush Recession (greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression), corporate bailouts and a trillion dollar occupation built on lies.

We're doing the best possible with the crappy hand you left us. Oh how we all wish Obama followed Clinton.

Economies go in cycles. That is simple econ 101. Attempting to never have a recession is basically saying you do not believe in economics.

I hate to say it but blah blah blah we all know that. That has nothing to do with a real economic crisis. That's like saying a fire will always burn itself out... eventually. Sure it will, but it makes a huge difference if it's out in the middle of nowhere or if it's downtown. Sometimes you need to act for the sake of people.

Bush's plan for Social Security would have made it a program that could actually last. As it is now, it will be bankrupt in a few years and I will never see a dime that I paid in back.

OMG!:eek: You're still saying that Bush's plan to force seniors into the stock market right before it crashed was a good idea! That's scary.

Note to self: This is why you fight the Right

I am all for Health Reform, but how about incorporating some good ideas in there?

How about you do something ANYTHING when you have full power? Not just wait until we actually do get the ball rolling to help somebody and then just scream NO NO NO... how bout that?

Numerous economists agree that FDR prolonged the Depression and the New Deal really did nothing to end it. In fact, it took a world war to end it.

Again OMG!:eek: You live in that Hooverville was good world as long as you want. The VAST majority of economist all credit FDR not only for helping to end the Depression but more importantly save Americans from terrible hardship at the time of the Depression. And the WW2 link was only this... WAR SPENDING ON THAT SCALE IS SPENDING STIMULUS!!! That's the same goal of the private stimulus spending we are doing now.

Really I find it hilarious when you attempt to claim military spending caused our problems, but somehow all this other government spending (which military spending is) will get us out.

It was Humpty Dumpty on a wall. Several things came together at once. That's how we got into this. The occupation and it's cost was just another burden to bear.

Then we were forced to have to do a lot of things... and thankfully they are working.

Werbung:
People favor Health Insurance Reform just fine. And it will be even more popular once it's passed.

What are you basing this on?

We had a surplus under Clinton... Bush gave us The Bush Recession (greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression), corporate bailouts and a trillion dollar occupation built on lies.

Corporate bailouts began long before Bush even ran for President, that is nothing new.

Yes, Clinton had a small surplus, but he also was in office when the Fed drastically changed its monetary policy approach and started to push the economy (and the housing sector) towards an unsustainable level.

A natural economy cannot grow at all times. That is simply not possible.

We're doing the best possible with the crappy hand you left us. Oh how we all wish Obama followed Clinton.

If doing the best you can is creating record deficits while railing against Bush spending, then that is pathetic.

I hate to say it but blah blah blah we all know that.

Apparently you do not, since any recession in your book is just unacceptable.

That has nothing to do with a real economic crisis. That's like saying a fire will always burn itself out... eventually. Sure it will, but it makes a huge difference if it's out in the middle of nowhere or if it's downtown. Sometimes you need to act for the sake of people.

A recession is how you eliminate inefficiencies in the market. If you never allow one to occur, you never allow a market correction. If you never allow a market correction, you are just propping up one bubble after another.

OMG!:eek: You're still saying that Bush's plan to force seniors into the stock market right before it crashed was a good idea! That's scary.

For starters, that was not what Bush even proposed.... I suggest you take time to look at the facts surrounding what he wanted to do.

How about you do something ANYTHING when you have full power? Not just wait until we actually do get the ball rolling to help somebody and then just scream NO NO NO... how bout that?

Political realities exist. When did Republicans actually have the power in the Senate to cram through whatever they wanted? Hint: Never.

Additionally, there are times when doing nothing is better than doing something wrong.

How about you tell me any of the details of the numerous Republican bills introduced in Congress on health care reform and call up your Senator or Congressman and ask why they are all dead in committee?

Again OMG!:eek: You live in that Hooverville was good world as long as you want. The VAST majority of economist all credit FDR not only for helping to end the Depression but more importantly save Americans from terrible hardship at the time of the Depression.

I never said Hooverville was good, and you are well aware of it. Additionally, you ignore what the New Deal actually was. It was not simply "spend spend spend" which seems to be the mentality of today.

Further, wartime orders from Europe, and a changing European monetary policy played a huge role as well.

And the WW2 link was only this... WAR SPENDING ON THAT SCALE IS SPENDING STIMULUS!!! That's the same goal of the private stimulus spending we are doing now.

You just argued that a "trillion dollar invasion" was a leading indicator for the recession... now you are saying that government spending ends recessions. Which is it? Did government spending (in the form of military action) cause or end the recession?

It was Humpty Dumpty on a wall. Several things came together at once. That's how we got into this. The occupation and it's cost was just another burden to bear.

Then we were forced to have to do a lot of things... and thankfully they are working.

Hey, if record deficits and unheard of government spending is your idea of good policy.. more power to you.

Back