Overhead photo showing supposedly high attendance at "Occupy Wall Street" was faked?

Little-Acorn

As usual, if you find the Left saying anything about themselves that appears to be good, look immediately for fakery.

In the case of the "Occupy Wall Street" kooks, you won't have to look very far.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.timparkinson.net/2011/09/30/lies-damn-lies-and-photoshop/

A fellow skeptic (President of the Granite State Skeptics Travis Roy) recently posted a request on the Skeptoid mailing list regarding an image that has been making the rounds on Facebook. The image is an aerial shot of a supposedly huge turnout for the Occupy Wall St protest against corruption and greed. What appears to be thousands of protesters clog the streets of New York near the City Hall, with a caption stating:

--------------------------------------
Occupy Wall Street Turnout: My TV says nothing. The only thing I hear is its [sic] a small 100 person turn out. Turn off your TV. Ask your friends. Dont [sic] trust the media they lie!

After a request from Wettstein (and a warning from my hosting provider) I have removed his plagiarised propaganda image from my site. However the original can be found on Google Image Search.

My skeptical colleague saw this image and immediately smelled something fishy. Travis noticed that the image was an aerial photo of New York City Hall, whereas the protests were happening several blocks away at Liberty Square. He sent the image to the mailing list for other opinions. To my eyes the mass of protesters looked out of place, the crowd looked too uniform and dense to be real. I took the image into Photoshop to see if I could pick up any pattern to the image. My original thought was that they had used the clone tool to make a smaller group of people look much larger. Not being able to find anything obvious, I started to wonder where the background plate may have come from. Immediately Google Maps came to mind. I looked up the location featured in the image, and then I saw it:

qPyyu.jpg

Look familiar?

How about now:

JnzcU.jpg

According to Google Earth, this particular aerial photograph of City Hall was taken on the 3rd of June, 2011, one month before the Occupy Wall Street initiative even began.

I have no strong opinions regarding what these people are protesting about. I’m sure they believe their cause is just and I respect their right to make a stand. I do however find it supremely ironic that a group who is supposedly protesting about corruption and lies would produce such a blatant piece of propaganda. Especially one so readily falsifiable. I respect that people have their own opinions and beliefs, however I have no respect for those who blatantly lie to defend their beliefs.

Werbung:
Re: Overhead photo showing supposedly high attendance at "Occupy Wall Street" was fak

As usual, if you find the Left saying anything about themselves that appears to be good, look immediately for fakery.

In the case of the "Occupy Wall Street" kooks, you won't have to look very far.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.timparkinson.net/2011/09/30/lies-damn-lies-and-photoshop/

A fellow skeptic (President of the Granite State Skeptics Travis Roy) recently posted a request on the Skeptoid mailing list regarding an image that has been making the rounds on Facebook. The image is an aerial shot of a supposedly huge turnout for the Occupy Wall St protest against corruption and greed. What appears to be thousands of protesters clog the streets of New York near the City Hall, with a caption stating:

Occupy Wall Street Turnout: My TV says nothing. The only thing I hear is its [sic] a small 100 person turn out. Turn off your TV. Ask your friends. Dont [sic] trust the media they lie!

After a request from Wettstein (and a warning from my hosting provider) I have removed his plagiarised propaganda image from my site. However the original can be found on Google Image Search.

My skeptical colleague saw this image and immediately smelled something fishy. Travis noticed that the image was an aerial photo of New York City Hall, whereas the protests were happening several blocks away at Liberty Square. He sent the image to the mailing list for other opinions. To my eyes the mass of protesters looked out of place, the crowd looked too uniform and dense to be real. I took the image into Photoshop to see if I could pick up any pattern to the image. My original thought was that they had used the clone tool to make a smaller group of people look much larger. Not being able to find anything obvious, I started to wonder where the background plate may have come from. Immediately Google Maps came to mind. I looked up the location featured in the image, and then I saw it:

qPyyu.jpg

Look familiar?

How about now:

JnzcU.jpg

According to Google Earth, this particular aerial photograph of City Hall was taken on the 3rd of June, 2011, one month before the Occupy Wall Street initiative even began.

I have no strong opinions regarding what these people are protesting about. I’m sure they believe their cause is just and I respect their right to make a stand. I do however find it supremely ironic that a group who is supposedly protesting about corruption and lies would produce such a blatant piece of propaganda. Especially one so readily falsifiable. I respect that people have their own opinions and beliefs, however I have no respect for those who blatantly lie to defend their beliefs.

That kind of "rumors" is the specialty of Fox News, who have used that type of technique when it suits their agenda (i.e., the "300,000" attendant at Beck's meeting in Washington!!!).

Just watch the TV. . .preferably not Fox News, who only presents what they want to present. In fact, Fox News had interviewed a VERY articulate protester yesterday, who told the interviewer exactly what he thought of Fox and their spin, and that interview was NEVER aired by Fox. . .but other reporters were presents and also filmed that interview. . .and showed it in its entirety! I'll be glad to try to find it on the web. I watched it last night on MSNBC. VERY informative!

So funny!

Re: Overhead photo showing supposedly high attendance at "Occupy Wall Street" was fak

As usual, the leftist fanatics can do nothing but desperately change the subject.

Back to the subject:

This photoshop pic appears to be fairly well done. But as the blogger points out, it's highly coincidental that identical-looking buses and cars... including those in the traffic lanes of well-travelled streets... appear in exactly the same places in both photos.

When the only way the Left can find to make themselves look good, is to lie and fake the "truth"... what does that tell you about the actual worth of their agenda?

As usual, the leftist fanatics can do nothing but desperately change the subject.

Back to the subject:

This photoshop pic appears to be fairly well done. But as the blogger points out, it's highly coincidental that identical-looking buses and cars... including those in the traffic lanes of well-travelled streets... appear in exactly the same places in both photos.

When the only way the Left can find to make themselves look good, is to lie and fake the "truth"... what does that tell you about the actual worth of their agenda?

Why don't you look at actual pictures of Wall Street today?
Just because a Right wing blogger tries to discredit this movement it doesn't make his spin real.

But, the energy spent in the last couple of days at discrediting this movement is the testimony of this movement's progress.

So. . .keep on bashing what you don't know. . .it makes the 99% look very good (by the way, there are also tea party supporters in that crowd!).

Why don't you look at actual pictures of Wall Street today?
Just because a Right wing blogger tries to discredit this movement it doesn't make his spin real.

But, the energy spent in the last couple of days at discrediting this movement is the testimony of this movement's progress.

So. . .keep on bashing what you don't know. . .it makes the 99% look very good (by the way, there are also tea party supporters in that crowd!).

These people can protest all they want...ultimately all they are doing by shutting down roads etc is hurting the middle class further.

These people can protest all they want...ultimately all they are doing by shutting down roads etc is hurting the middle class further.

Yep. . .when protests are not "blessed" by Limbaugh, Fox News, and the Tea Party. . .they HAVE to be bad. . .!

:rolleyes::)

Looks like poor little openmind wants to talk about ANYTHING besides the pictures that are the topic of the thread. Who can blame him? These pictures were faked to cover up the truth... and now all he can do, is do the same.

Back to the subject:
Yes, the so-called "protesters" are doing nothing but get in the way and make nuisances of themselves. Too bad there are no actual pictures of them from overhead - nothing but these faked ones from a different time. But then, real photos would show just how pathetically few there really are of them.

Looks like poor little openmind wants to talk about ANYTHING besides the pictures that are the topic of the thread. Who can blame him? These pictures were faked to cover up the truth... and now all he can do, is do the same.

Back to the subject:
Yes, the so-called "protesters" are doing nothing but get in the way and make nuisances of themselves. Too bad there are no actual pictures of them from overhead - nothing but these faked ones from a different time. But then, real photos would show just how pathetically few there really are of them.

Yes, dear. Now, could you get it that "he" is actually a "she?" :D

who is hurting the middle class more...protesters...or wall street...I know where I place my bets. But no...get in your little pens Protesters..

who is hurting the middle class more...protesters...or wall street...I know where I place my bets. But no...get in your little pens Protesters..

By the way, it looks like that "trick" photo was even more of a "trick" than it first appeared!

It seems that it was a publicity stunt for a certain Wettstein.CA, who specialize in "Professional day dreamer and time travel!" and kindly posts his business number on his website. He also, suddenly, disappeared from facebook!

But, do not fear! Just in case you are interested in ordering a new "trick" picture to demonstrate what evil liars those protesters are, or mayb a picture of Obama having sex with a White woman. . .here is his website address:

jason wettstein www.jasonwettstein.com/Cached - Similar
Aug 9, 2011 – Jason Wettstein Full Size Designs. 0. /. 0. Loading image. ... http:// delawaredesign.ca/sites/default/files/portfolio/large/tiger-woods-lrg.PNG ...

As they say. . .any publicity is good publicity. . .and he sure got his name known for "tricking" that photo. . .which, NO protester has endorsed!

I wonder if that guy was also involved in the "trick" picture of Glenn Beck's rally in Washington DC last year?

By the way, it looks like that "trick" photo was even more of a "trick" than it first appeared!

It seems that it was a publicity stunt for a certain Wettstein.CA, who specialize in "Professional day dreamer and time travel!" and kindly posts his business number on his website. He also, suddenly, disappeared from facebook!

As they say. . .any publicity is good publicity. . .and he sure got his name known for "tricking" that photo. . .which, NO protester has endorsed!

I wonder if that guy was also involved in the "trick" picture of Glenn Beck's rally in Washington DC last year?

its funny the idea that its all a fake, and there is not realy that many people...of course there is always that fact many got arrested...and they are still there...and you can just walk down and see it...but you know ...little facts like that can't get in the way of a good story from a random blog.

its funny the idea that its all a fake, and there is not realy that many people...of course there is always that fact many got arrested...and they are still there...and you can just walk down and see it...but you know ...little facts like that can't get in the way of a good story from a random blog.

Yes! In fact, I think it is pretty amazing police work, that the NYPD was able to arrest 700 people on the bridge when only about 100 attended the protest, don't you? ;):D

Yes! In fact, I think it is pretty amazing police work, that the NYPD was able to arrest 700 people on the bridge when only about 100 attended the protest, don't you? ;):D

well if you take reports from 3 weeks ago when it was like 100..and take a report from today...and then pretent that todays is about 3 weeks ago..it all works out.

PS I am going to the Minneapolis one on Fri most likely. getting camera gear ready to go :)

well if you take reports from 3 weeks ago when it was like 100..and take a report from today...and then pretent that todays is about 3 weeks ago..it all works out.

PS I am going to the Minneapolis one on Fri most likely. getting camera gear ready to go :)

YES! take pictures to post here!

Werbung:

Yep. . .when protests are not "blessed" by Limbaugh, Fox News, and the Tea Party. . .they HAVE to be bad. . .!

:rolleyes::)

Who exactly gets hurt when these people shut down roads etc? Those middle class Americans on the way to work is who.

Back