OWS learning that entitlements attract mochers

dogtowner

Staff member
and they discover that their utopian vision doesn't work in real life

raise your hand if you saw this coming

Shocker: Occupy Wall Street Learning That Entitlements Attract Moochers

Rob PortOctober 26, 2011

The Occupy Wall Street protests are turning out to be quite an education for those involved, it seems. First they learned that wealth redistribution wasn’t all it was cracked up to be with their central committee being something less than efficient in meeting the needs of the group, and finger-pointing already starting over favoritism.
Now the occupiers are finding out that their free entitlements are attracting vultures and moochers, including criminal elements and recently-released prisoners.
Newly sprung ex-cons and vagrants rousted from other parks are crashing the Occupy Wall Street protest, where gourmet meals are free and boozy, drug*fueled parties are on tap, the movement’s leaders griped yesterday.
“They’re telling people who leave prison to go to Zuccotti Park,” lamented Daniel Zetah, a leader of the OWS community-relations group.
Volunteer Lauren Digioia, 26, said, “We have drug dealing going on here, gang activity, public intoxication. There are a lot of instigators. There are a lot of vultures.
“Everyone knows we give out free food and sleeping bags, and it’s a perfect opportunity for squatters.”
Well imagine that. You create entitlements, within the movement, and moochers rush in to take advantage instead of earning things for themselves. It’s a veritable microcosm for public policy, it seems, and not one that reflects well on the occupy movement’s core philosophies.

Werbung:

So what?

We all know (nobody ever denied it!) that there are profiters in every groups. . . Look at Wall Street and you will be totally convinced of that much!

Yes, there will always be some people who try to take advantage of others. . .does that mean that the people who do need help, and who do have good intentions should be penalized because a small percentage are "bad?"

You're the kind of person who would rather condemn 3 innocent people to death, because "some" people "deserve" the death penalty, and it is better (in your view) to kill 3 innocent people to assure that the other 2 guilty ones will not "get away" with murder!

Never once thinking that YOU commit murder on the 3 innocent peoples you condemn that way!

And.. . .it is obvious that Fox News is trying VERY HARD to "trap" OWS to show how "bad" or how "STUPID" they are!

Did you hear about the Right wing blogger, a Fox News contributor, who tried to infiltrate OWS and distribute "bongs" and "che's" in order to "document" that they were all addicts and stupid hippies?

That, my dear, is called "entrapment," and it wasn't successful, because, precisely, most of the OWS are NOT addicts and are NOT stupid!

You have the right not to agree with their complaints (although. . .I don't know why you wouldn't. . .you are suffering from the same Wall Street and Corporatism excess than they do), but you do not have the right to LIE and present false statement about them!

So what?

We all know (nobody ever denied it!) that there are profiters in every groups. . . Look at Wall Street and you will be totally convinced of that much!

Yes, there will always be some people who try to take advantage of others. . .does that mean that the people who do need help, and who do have good intentions should be penalized because a small percentage are "bad?"

You're the kind of person who would rather condemn 3 innocent people to death, because "some" people "deserve" the death penalty, and it is better (in your view) to kill 3 innocent people to assure that the other 2 guilty ones will not "get away" with murder!

Never once thinking that YOU commit murder on the 3 innocent peoples you condemn that way!

And.. . .it is obvious that Fox News is trying VERY HARD to "trap" OWS to show how "bad" or how "STUPID" they are!

Did you hear about the Right wing blogger, a Fox News contributor, who tried to infiltrate OWS and distribute "bongs" and "che's" in order to "document" that they were all addicts and stupid hippies?

That, my dear, is called "entrapment," and it wasn't successful, because, precisely, most of the OWS are NOT addicts and are NOT stupid!

You have the right not to agree with their complaints (although. . .I don't know why you wouldn't. . .you are suffering from the same Wall Street and Corporatism excess than they do), but you do not have the right to LIE and present false statement about them!

missed the point I see. the OWS are griping because the poor that you are ordinarily concerned over are coming looking for food and shelter. so instead of frowning on them you throw a tangent rant on capital punishment. need to be careful accusing people of being heartless when your people seem to be guilty of it themselves.

missed the point I see. the OWS are griping because the poor that you are ordinarily concerned over are coming looking for food and shelter. so instead of frowning on them you throw a tangent rant on capital punishment. need to be careful accusing people of being heartless when your people seem to be guilty of it themselves.

"MY PEOPLE?" You're such a joke!

You're the one "rejoicing" because OWS must put some limit to the "free loading" that is going on. . .but I don't see Wall Street millionaire ready to pick up the load of the "free loaders?

Your people are hypocrites, and you should be careful what you "rejoice in." It certainly does reflect on your character as a person!

"MY PEOPLE?" You're such a joke!

You're the one "rejoicing" because OWS must put some limit to the "free loading" that is going on. . .but I don't see Wall Street millionaire ready to pick up the load of the "free loaders?

Your people are hypocrites, and you should be careful what you "rejoice in." It certainly does reflect on your character as a person!

The 1% pick up 37% of the tab for welfare for the poor aka freeloaders.

In Portland they are having the same trouble. The police are being called every 45 min to take care of some homeless person trying to mooch off the mooches

And now some OWS people are mad at other OWS people because they dont want to become a non profit so they changed the password on the 20k donated via pay pal and are fighting over it. It is really very funny

Crap is literally running down the streets because they wont rent port-a-potties with any of the money donated. But some nice bud is being smoked hourly :)

So what? They own a much greater percentage of the wealth!

you said

I don't see Wall Street millionaire ready to pick up the load of the "free loaders?

I pointed out that

The 1% pick up 37% of the tab for welfare for the poor aka freeloaders.

the correct reply would have been 'ok they do pick up a big chunk of the tab'. and considering this does not include their own charity work or that of their companies (being good corporate citizens) one can hardly break bad on them for that.

you said

I pointed out that

the correct reply would have been 'ok they do pick up a big chunk of the tab'. and considering this does not include their own charity work or that of their companies (being good corporate citizens) one can hardly break bad on them for that.

So what, as I said. . .they get a lot more than 37% of the income and even more of the share of the wealth. . .so it is totally normal that they should give more!

Werbung:
Back