Palin did not sell jet on eBay more GOP lies

Popeye

Caribou Barbie and John McCain have been implying and, on Friday, claiming outright that Palin sold the governor's jet on the eBay. All the time using it as an example to promote Palin's supposed "reformer" image.

McCain declared in Wisconsin at a campaign stop on Friday..."You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay -- and made a profit!"

In fact, the video tribute to Palin that aired at the RNC on Thursday night made the same claim. "She signed sweeping ethics reform legislation, auctioned the governor's jet on eBay," the narrator said, citing it in a list of Palin's achievements.

The truth?... the jet did not sell on eBay. It was sold at a loss to a businessman from Valdez named Larry Reynolds , who paid $2.1 million for the jet, shy of the original $2.7 million purchase price.

Reynolds just happened to be a contributor to the Palin campaign. So the governor's jet wasn't sold on eBay and it was sold at a loss. More GOP half truths and lies...when will it ever end?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/05/plane_not_sold_on_ebay.html?hpid=topnews

Werbung:
Caribou Barbie and John McCain have been implying and, on Friday, claiming outright that Palin sold the governor's jet on the eBay. All the time using it as an example to promote Palin's supposed "reformer" image.

McCain declared in Wisconsin at a campaign stop on Friday..."You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay -- and made a profit!"

In fact, the video tribute to Palin that aired at the RNC on Thursday night made the same claim. "She signed sweeping ethics reform legislation, auctioned the governor's jet on eBay," the narrator said, citing it in a list of Palin's achievements.

The truth?... the jet did not sell on eBay. It was sold at a loss to a businessman from Valdez named Larry Reynolds , who paid $2.1 million for the jet, shy of the original $2.7 million purchase price.

Reynolds just happened to be a contributor to the Palin campaign. So the governor's jet wasn't sold on eBay and it was sold at a loss. More GOP half truths and lies...when will it ever end?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/05/plane_not_sold_on_ebay.html?hpid=topnews

I think everyone watching the speech pretty much knew that was a joke.

Further, you obviously are not going to get full price for a used jet.

I think everyone watching the speech pretty much knew that was a joke.

Further, you obviously are not going to get full price for a used jet.

McCain on Friday stated ..."You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay and made a profit!"

Neither is true

Not sold on eBay

Original purchase price-2.7 million

Sold for-2.1 million

That's a loss

McCain on Friday stated ..."You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay and made a profit!"

Neither is true

Not sold on eBay

Original purchase price-2.7 million

Sold for-2.1 million

That's a loss

I saw both speeches actually, and to me it looked like McCain was joking as well. But you are welcome to view it however you want.

As for the price, that is like taking a used car to the dealer and being shocked they do not give you sticker price for it. It is USED.

What he said went like this... "You know what I enjoyed the most? She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay! (insert laughter) (jokingly say) and made a profit!" (insert more laughter)

Further, add in depreciation on the jet... did she beat it or not?

I didn't know it was a joke. I thought she really sold the jet on ebay.

I dont think its important to sell it as much as it is funny but I didnt know it was a joke.

It wasn't a joke. Rob is the only one I've seen who claims it was. Watch it for yourself, make your own judgment.

Werbung:
It wasn't a joke. Rob is the only one I've seen who claims it was. Watch it for yourself, make your own judgment.

How do you not see that as a joke? Notice the laughing, the voice change, the quip about profit... I mean come on. And she did actually put it on EBAY. Palin did not lie. McCain quoted Palin and added in his own jokes about it.

Further, this notion of outrage that it was not "sold for a profit" is ridiculous. If she beat depreciation on it, then it was "sold for profit" in all actuality.

Back