Palin Free Month

Stalin

Hilarious. File under "Bread and Circuses"

But today is the first day of the rest of my life. And so, I hereby pledge that, beginning on Feb. 1, 2011, I will not mention Sarah Palin -- in print, online or on television -- for one month. Furthermore, I call on others in the news media to join me in this pledge of a Palin-free February. With enough support, I believe we may even be able to extend the moratorium beyond one month, but we are up against a powerful compulsion, and we must take this struggle day by day.

I came to this inner strength by trusting in a power greater than myself: my former Washington Post colleague Howie Kurtz, now with the Daily Beast. A week ago, on his CNN show, "Reliable Sources," I was complaining about the over-coverage of Palin when I found myself saying that "the best thing would be -- it's impossible, of course -- that we in the media should declare some sort of a Sarah Palin moratorium."

It's impossible, I figured, because Palin is a huge source of cheap Web clicks, television ratings and media buzz. If any of us refused to partake of her Facebook candy or declined to use her as blog bait, we would be sending millions of Web surfers, readers, viewers and listeners to our less scrupulous competitors.

The media obsession with Palin began naturally and innocently enough, when the Alaska governor emerged as an electrifying presence on the Republican presidential ticket more than two years ago. But then something unhealthy happened: Though Palin was no longer a candidate, or even a public official, we in the press discovered that the mere mention of her name could vault our stories onto the most-viewed list. Palin, feeding this co-dependency and indulging the news business's endless desire for conflict, tweeted provocative nuggets that would help us keep her in the public eye -- so much so that this former vice presidential candidate gets far more coverage than the actual vice president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/20/AR2011012004349.html

Comrade Palin

Werbung:
I'm looking for a Giffords-free newscast - Katie Couric not using as a 15-minute lead story "Gifford twitched her big toe today". :D

I'm looking for a Giffords-free newscast - Katie Couric not using as a 15-minute lead story "Gifford twitched her big toe today". :D

May you burn in hell for your tasteless comments. She just got shot in the fvcking face back off.

Your comments on the Gifford matter and attending a Lang Lang concert remind me of the Gestapo officers who used to do a day's killimg and then go home and weep while listening to the beauty of Wagner.

Please stop.

Comrade Stalin

Your comments on the Gifford matter and attending a Lang Lang concert remind me of the Gestapo officers who used to do a day's killimg and then go home and weep while listening to the beauty of Wagner.

Please stop.

Comrade Stalin

Oh yeah? Well your posts remind me of the guys who steal five year old girls, rape them, dismember them, and then put them in the freezer to eat later.

Quit it.

May you burn in hell for your tasteless comments. She just got shot in the fvcking face back off.

If I do burn in hell, it will be right beside Giffords, Abortion Holocaust engineer.

I'm just telling you want the lib media does every day - should THEY burn in hell too?

Oh yeah? Well your posts remind me of the guys who steal five year old girls, rape them, dismember them, and then put them in the freezer to eat later.

Are these guys sharing your exercise yard ?

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:

People get shot all the time but we don't get a play by play for them.

I hope she gets better but I really don't need this constant attention. Besides its really just diversion from the unpleasant realities of the nation. Looking out for the prezbo as is their job.

Back